Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    tonight's episode was just plain bad. I mean was there even a story there? It was all mixed up.
    I'm not surprised. I lost interest and stopped watching after the first three episodes.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The shows 1st 2 episodes were fun and zany. It was one where we saw some glimpses of old "classic Night Court" with the birds taking over the court room. Or the scary Russian maintenance man painting a mural of Golden Girls.

The episode with the kids holding up the court room had no real punch line finish. Instead of a moment to teach children about how a court works and having the artist the kids idolized , show them that he was fine with his punishment (as he wanted) , the show suddenly had these kids quit. There was no real finish to the episode and its one where ...oh they are kids and they just quit.

The show needs better writers next season. They also need to add a love interest for Abby to develop since we are getting hints that Abby's relationship with her fiancee isn't gonna work out.

But yeah the show needs to retool some characters. (Neil and female DA likely need to be changed out)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm not surprised. I lost interest and stopped watching after the first three episodes.
    Quick synopsis of the past episode. Abby found out her and the DA rode the same subway to work, Abby wanted to be "subway buddies", the DA didn't. So they end up on the same car together when there is a power issue or something that causes the subway to shut down. While shut down 2 women argue about who gets the last seat. Abby decides to hold court in the car. She uses a loaf of French Bread as a gavel, the DA does both roles as a DA and the defense attorney using different voices for each.

Meanwhile in court, a fill in judge comes in, he can't use a gavel due to an injury, so he verbalizes the gavel sound. For some reason, figure skaters Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir are in the courtroom and doing commentary on the cases / lawyers. The bailiff tries to delay the final case, due to Abby being a huge figure skating fan, this causes Dan to have to cancel his dinner reservations at an impossible to get into restaurant. Abby shows up, and it seems are best friends with the skaters, the skaters take the dinner reservation that "some idiot" gave up. It ends with Dan and Abby eating some disgusting food (intestines or something?)

The last episode was pretty damn bad, period.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Quick synopsis of the past episode. Abby found out her and the DA rode the same subway to work, Abby wanted to be "subway buddies", the DA didn't. So they end up on the same car together when there is a power issue or something that causes the subway to shut down. While shut down 2 women argue about who gets the last seat. Abby decides to hold court in the car. She uses a loaf of French Bread as a gavel, the DA does both roles as a DA and the defense attorney using different voices for each.

Meanwhile in court, a fill in judge comes in, he can't use a gavel due to an injury, so he verbalizes the gavel sound. For some reason, figure skaters Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir are in the courtroom and doing commentary on the cases / lawyers. The bailiff tries to delay the final case, due to Abby being a huge figure skating fan, this causes Dan to have to cancel his dinner reservations at an impossible to get into restaurant. Abby shows up, and it seems are best friends with the skaters, the skaters take the dinner reservation that "some idiot" gave up. It ends with Dan and Abby eating some disgusting food (intestines or something?)
    Hog's head cheese (wtf even is that?), I think chicken feet or something? And chicken gizzards. Actually chicken gizzards aren't disgusting, they're delicious, and I highly recommend trying some fried chicken gizzards if you ever get the chance. But yeah the first two things just no.

Extraordinary Member

CBR has some suggestions on needed guest stars from the past.

https://www.cbr.com/night-court-2023...-cast-returns/

Abby's mom is in the next episode and spills a secret about Abby (my guess is she is divorced / separated from her husband)

Last weeks episode just killed it for me. halfway through I just stopped, I think it was the Podcast episode. Not funny, not original and not good...

Extraordinary Member

I will say that Faith Ford still looks amazing.

But this show needs serious help in the writing department.

After watching some episodes of the original series it makes me want to watch this.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Actor Kapil Talwakar, who played Neil during Season 1, will not be returning to the show for Season 2. If you watched the special Christmas episode that aired on December 23rd, he was not in it. Also, actor/comedian Gary Anthony Williams will be a recurring guest star on Season 2. He played Flobert during the Christmas episode. Article Link

For me, this is one bad character down and 2 more to go.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I wondered about Neil. It being a Christmas Episode that I guess was filmed quickly after the end of the writers' strike? Gurgs didn't have blonde hair and Dan was back, so guess he don't stay as judge, lol

Actor Nyambi Nyambi, who made a guest appearance as the new court clerk Wyatt in this week's episode, has been bumped up to series regular status.
    Last edited by Deathstroke; 01-21-2024 at 02:34 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The original show had quite a few cast changes til they settled on things permanent cast wise from 3rd season on. The same holds here. They are trying to find the right elements. I'd still keep that Russian handy man as a regular. He's a fun new element. (I'd love if its revealed...he is actually a lawyer who just prefers being a handy man lol)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Love it, just wish I could watch it live but it’s great like the original.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse