Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ilostmyplace View Post
    Paula Kelley passed away sadly, but Gail Strickland is still alive. Of course, there's always Teri Hatcher. She was a guest star in the original show as well.

Teri Hatcher was a one time guest star, wasn't she? For me, having characters come back should be confined to those who appeared at least a few times. And thank goodness Gail Strickland is still alive.
    Last edited by Deathstroke; 01-28-2023 at 07:07 AM.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Apparently they’ve cast Abby’s mom, but I forget who’s playing her.
    I just looked it up. It's Faith Ford from Murphy Brown.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

BANNED

John Astin the original Gomez Addams in the original Addams Family TV show and played Harry Stone's father is still alive, at 92. Is confined to a wheelchair now and sadly can't remember much, and I doubt he'll come back to play Abby stones grandfather.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ilostmyplace View Post
    John Astin the original Gomez Addams in the original Addams Family TV show and played Harry Stone's father is still alive, at 92. Is confined to a wheelchair now and sadly can't remember much, and I doubt he'll come back to play Abby stones grandfather.
    I just realized this the other day, that he was still alive. Obviously, it depends on his current health, but you in modern times you could even have a short "zoom" call between Abby and her grandfather and not even have him leave his house to read his lines.

NBC renewed the show for a 2nd season!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    NBC renewed the show for a 2nd season!
    Well that's good to hear. I guess I can start watching it now.

...I was afraid it would go the way of the Murphy Brown revival. *shrugs*

Extraordinary Member

I keep hoping this will get better. Last night was the fourth episode where I watched and did not laugh once.

The show needs new writers IMMEDIATELY.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I keep hoping this will get better. Last night was the fourth episode where I watched and did not laugh once.

The show needs new writers IMMEDIATELY.
    It is average at best nothing like the lightning in a bottle of the original, IMHO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The 1st show took 3 seasons to get all the elements right as we saw. They were changing characters to make it click.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ive seen two and both were meh...

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The 1st show took 3 seasons to get all the elements right as we saw. They were changing characters to make it click.
    But two of the cast changes from Seasons 1 - 3 came because the actresses died. They should flat out get rid of the three characters that aren't Dan or Abby immediately because they are just awful. Or start writing them to be more than stock characters. I'm enjoying the stuff with Dan and Abby but cringe when the other characters have lines.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    But two of the cast changes from Seasons 1 - 3 came because the actresses died. They should flat out get rid of the three characters that aren't Dan or Abby immediately because they are just awful. Or start writing them to be more than stock characters. I'm enjoying the stuff with Dan and Abby but cringe when the other characters have lines.
    You forgot that they also kept changing the public defender who quit after the Pilot EP in the original series. And not forgetting the original Court Clerk was recast after season one as well. I am agreeing with you on getting rid of the stock characters and keeping Dan and Abby even though I am beginning to like the bailiff lady. Of course the one original male bailiff Bull played by Richard Moll who is also the original voice for Two-Face in Batman: The Animated Series is in his 80s now. and the one surviving female bailiff Roz played by Marsha Warfield is still alive and is 78 right now. But the new female, bailiff lady to me, is the only other character that actually has life in her.

Abby Dan and The bailiff. Those 3 are really fun. But the DA and the Clerk are so meh and boring. I do like the Russian handy man.

Over all I like the show and know it will take a bit to click. I am hoping that they gel more in season 2.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Yeah we need more scary Russian maintenance man. That guy is funny as he scares them all...in a comedic fun way.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

tonight's episode was just plain bad. I mean was there even a story there? It was all mixed up.