Default Doctor Fate (DCEU) vs. Gorr the God Butcher (MCU)

Doctor Fate
    (DCEU)

vs.

Gorr the God Butcher
    (MCU)

The fight takes place on Skull Island (Kong: Skull Island). Live-action versions only. Who wins?

Astonishing Member

I think Fate, easily.

He can not only fly around freely and teleport freely (Gorr can only do it through shadows) but also can cast illusions and throw dopplegangers around (to counter Gorr's shadows all around), and beyond that he has the the ultimate DC superpeed factor going for him. Thor films aren't as speedy as Shazam/Black Adam films are, and Doctor Fate reacts to both Black Adam and Sabbacc as the ultimate classic hero that can possibly hold the line against them.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I think Fate, easily.

He can not only fly around freely and teleport freely (Gorr can only do it through shadows) but also can cast illusions and throw dopplegangers around (to counter Gorr's shadows all around), and beyond that he has the the ultimate DC superpeed factor going for him. Thor films aren't as speedy as Shazam/Black Adam films are, and Doctor Fate reacts to both Black Adam and Sabbacc as the ultimate classic hero that can possibly hold the line against them.
    That's really not how we do things around here. Fate doesn't get handwaved super speed because he's in a movie where one character has super speed. He would need to display that himself, and he never does that in the film.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member

I don't think movie Fate had much in the way of firepower. Just clones and restraint was his thing. I don't see what he had that might hurt Gorr but he might be good for a 10 count. Comic Fate - that's a different beast. Kryptonian level strength and invulnerabiity and firepower.