Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    I like Chris as Osul's name. I wish the twins would get some series of their own, if only to try and fill the void that Supersons left.
    PKJ will probably continue to use them in whatever comes next, but I would not mind the Twins being used by someone else. Maybe Young Justice should be relaunched as a book for this next generation of young kids like the Super Twins, the Flash Twins, Maxine (Animal Girl), etc?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I suspect sooner rather than later it'll be revealed one or both of their parents are still alive and they'll be shipped off-world to live with rest of the Phaelosians.

It's not that people even hated the Twins or anything it's just apathy, almost 2 years on and you still have people asking who they are or not knowing their names, even I forget whose Otho and whose Osul, add in some lacklustre designs, interchangeable personalities, an overcrowded Superfamily and fanbase that knows not to get too attached to any kids Clark and Lois may get and it was clear they were a temporary band-aid to the loss of kid Jon that fans never really took to.

That Lizzie's seemingly been far more successful in a fraction of the time is telling, it might of been obvious and lazy of Tom King to immediately attach her to already popular brand like the Super Sons but can't rally argue with the results.
    Last edited by walk; 12-22-2023 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    PKJ will probably continue to use them in whatever comes next, but I would not mind the Twins being used by someone else. Maybe Young Justice should be relaunched as a book for this next generation of young kids like the Super Twins, the Flash Twins, Maxine (Animal Girl), etc?
    You could call this team the Super Friends.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    I suspect sooner rather than later it'll be revealed one or both of their parents are still alive and they'll be shipped off-world to live with rest of the Phaelosians.

It's not that people even hated the Twins or anything it's just apathy, almost 2 years on and you still have people asking who they are or not knowing their names, even I forget whose Otho and whose Osul, add in some lacklustre designs, interchangeable personalities, an overcrowded Superfamily and fanbase that knows not to get too attached to any kids Clark and Lois may get and it was clear they were a temporary band-aid to the loss of kid Jon that fans never really took to.

That Lizzie's seemingly been far more successful in a fraction of the time is telling, it might of been obvious and lazy of Tom King to immediately attach her to already popular brand like the Super Sons but can't rally argue with the results.
    I'm big fan of PKJ's run and I don't remember their names because it is hard to get yourself attached to new characters with so many red flags.

Unless PKJ is taking over a “bigger” book like JL then yeah they will be shipped out sooner or later. Don’t see their parents being still alive, that would be a nonsensical reveal since it’s clear they grew up without them/they’re already dead.The Apokoliptan gods already tried to take Osul, you could have the New Genesis gods show up and take him away (with Otho going too out of obligation to her brother) to help him control the Aspect of Olgrun he’s merged with. That’s what I expect, but if PKJ is doing JL then I think they will simply move over to that book where they’ll be a focus.

Lana as Superwoman came back so barring another reboot I don’t see them being totally erased that easily.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Unless PKJ is taking over a “bigger” book like JL then yeah they will be shipped out sooner or later. Don’t see their parents being still alive, that would be a nonsensical reveal since it’s clear they grew up without them/they’re already dead.The Apokoliptan gods already tried to take Osul, you could have the New Genesis gods show up and take him away (with Otho going too out of obligation to her brother) to help him control the Aspect of Olgrun he’s merged with. That’s what I expect, but if PKJ is doing JL then I think they will simply move over to that book where they’ll be a focus.

Lana as Superwoman came back so barring another reboot I don’t see them being totally erased that easily.
    spoilers:
    they’re here to stay
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

So the twins are still under Clark and Lois’ care and still attending school at Steelworks.
    Looks like they’re staying under the Superman Family.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    spoilers:
    they’re here to stay
    end of spoilers
    Source? I really hope that’s the case cause I think if given enough development people could like them. I’m already liking them more than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    So the twins are still under Clark and Lois’ care and still attending school at Steelworks.
    Looks like they’re staying under the Superman Family.
    Do we have a reason to assume that Steelworks will still be a thing in 2024?

Steel's own book has ended, but it's still being used in Green Lantern: War Journal. I'd imagine it'll remain active with the current status quo as long as that book and Williamson's Superman run are still running.

What do we think of the twins' new codenames, Red Son and Starchild?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Steel's own book has ended, but it's still being used in Green Lantern: War Journal. I'd imagine it'll remain active with the current status quo as long as that book and Williamson's Superman run are still running.

What do we think of the twins' new codenames, Red Son and Starchild?
    Don’t like them. Starchild is cool but it feels more like it should be Osul’s name with the whole Aspect of Olgrun thing. Red Son sounds stupid especially considering they lose power in a red sun.

It also overlaps a bit with Red King from House of EL one-shot. But maybe that is intentional?

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    Don’t like them. Starchild is cool but it feels more like it should be Osul’s name with the whole Aspect of Olgrun thing. Red Son sounds stupid especially considering they lose power in a red sun.
    “Red Son” is more a homage to the Elseworld story I imagine (and I don’t get what your complaint is, he’s not named for a “Red Sun”).

Extraordinary Member

Why the twins, Metamorpho and Cyborg?
    What a weird combo.