Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Yes, and this is what I'm struggling with. Making the connection public forces the Kents to the forefront of public awareness.
    This seems really at cross-purposes with having their civilian id's back.
    I think Johnson wanted to comment on the refugee process by having Clark and Lois take in the Super Twins. Unlike the other characters they might not see the need for civilian IDs or a human name.

Incredible Member

We also know PKJ was the one person in the Superman office who actually wanted to keep the public ID, so I'm not surprised he has no issues putting the Kents in the spotlight like this. And honestly, considering what Otho and Osul clearly represent, it's for the better if they don't actually hide that they're aliens, narratively-speaking.

Mighty Member

Even though PKJ is juggling a big cast I like what he doing with the twins so far showing that they are still coping with the trauma of past lives in War World. He also slowly gives Otho and Osul distinct personalities with Otho being a little more cynical, the moments of bonding between her and Clark were nice since their relationship was less developed than Clark and Osul during the War World arc.

I wonder if she'll start wearing glasses.

I'm liking the twins so far and they are one of the reasons I'm picking up the current Action Comics run. I'm curious where they go next.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-04-2023 at 09:58 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Even though PKJ is juggling a big cast I like what he doing with the twins so far showing that they are still coping with the trauma of past lives in War World. He also slowly gives Otho and Osul distinct personalities with Otho being a little more cynical, the moments of bonding between her and Clark were nice since their relationship was less developed than Clark and Osul during the War World arc.

I wonder if she'll start wearing glasses.
    It was interesting seeing her wearing the glasses, however jokingly it might have been, and being all-too-conscious of why Clark wears them (or, well, one of the reasons behind that). I do appreciate that PKJ has settled on different directions for each of them, though as of the moment they still feel like... half of a whole character each, if that makes sense. Hopefully that improves over time.

Still want to see them interact with Kara, or a more serious interaction with Jon. Hopefully down the road, too.

Thoughts on Osul and Otho becoming the new Nightwing and Flamebird?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    Nightwing is too popular to use, I think PKJ will give them their own original names.

I rather they just stay the Super twins for a while longer.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-04-2023 at 06:35 PM.

Pleasantly surprised at how much discussion the kids are getting. I like them, Otho more than Osul so far, but I do wish PKJ had stuck to his initial plan for them to be “brown”. By this point they’re just white and it feels like a missed opportunity to have two new members who could represent Latin, Native American, or Indian people.

Nightwing I think would be a bad idea since Dick Grayson owns that name now. Could use Flamebird, it’s not a name I have a huge amount of attachment to it, but it’s available. For now the plan seems to be to just call them the “Super Twins” and PKJ has mentioned that he’s designed a house crest and house story with heroes for Osul and Otho that he may eventually use to give them new heroic identities.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I just hope they aren’t eventually forgotten like they did to my boy Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Chris is still around as Lor-Zod but I see your point. I imagine them getting aged up and written out eventually like he was so I'm just hoping it's a good ride.

Will depend on PKJ’s run. If his run generally sells well and is popular, then they might outlast his tenure on Action. Especially if he gets the long run he wants, that might be enough to cement them as new additions to the Superfamily. Otherwise it’s really easy to write them out by having them go join the other Phaelosians once they get old enough. Their ultimate fate is one thing I’m really curious to see unfold since Osul specifically is very tied into the Olgrun plot that PKJ seems intent on returning to over the course of his run.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

If DC can have two Supermans and Batmans that's not Bruce Wayne or Clark Kent, they can have two Nightwings.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Will depend on PKJ’s run. If his run generally sells well and is popular, then they might outlast his tenure on Action. Especially if he gets the long run he wants, that might be enough to cement them as new additions to the Superfamily. Otherwise it’s really easy to write them out by having them go join the other Phaelosians once they get old enough. Their ultimate fate is one thing I’m really curious to see unfold since Osul specifically is very tied into the Olgrun plot that PKJ seems intent on returning to over the course of his run.
    Yeah and another thing is that they don't forcefully age them up.

Yeah and another thing is that they don't forcefully age them up.
    Hah no chance of that happening. Jon only got hit with that because they were planning to replace Clark for 5G. With the launchpad film of the Gunnverse being a Clark movie, I expect the comics to maintain the focus on Clark for the foreseeable future.

If we do ever get an adaption of The Warworld Saga I hope the kids make it into that. Personally I wish PKJ had gone with his initial instinct to have Mongul kill off one of them for good, although I think he wanted to kill off the girl Otho whereas I would kill the boy Osul, and I would go that route with any adaption of the story too.