Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    Giving Lois and Clark more superkids is definitely the exact opposite direction I would have liked to have seen the line move towards. However, it's clear that they aren't writing these comic books for my niche and haven't been since the end of the New52.

I guess the hope might be that the more they keep doubling down on this without sales spikes to support it, the more likely the New52 Superman, or a Superman with an age, personality, costume, and status quo in the world similar to the New52 Superman, could make a comeback, if not as the main Superman, in a limited series, an alt-universe monthly, as part of a book about a super team (i.e. Justice League, Titans, some other thing or some new thing), or as a recurring character the way all sorts of people who generally don't have their own books show up here and there.

One thing worth noting on the new superkids is that we've seen adopted children of Lois and Clark be written out of the comics before. Granted, with comics books, even more than scifi, because superhero comics often encompass scifi and just flat out magic and a bunch of genres that cumulatively allow things to be changed in almost any way at any time, it would be easy in the sense of storytelling to write out or erase biological children in the same way (Which is something that happened to at least one iteration of The Flash), I feel like there would be more fan resistance to doing that to a biological son of Lois and Clark than wards that are basically taken in because they have no where else to go. Writing these kids off might not be much complicated than some refugee from Warworld with a biological connection turning up and them wanting to reconnect with their heritage, and feeling it was especially important as some of the last of their kind (Or something like that- I didn't read the Warworld Saga)- a sentiment their adoptive family might agree with, even though I'm sure it'd be bittersweet for them, and they'd miss the kids.
    You could bring in Tal-Rho from Superman and Lois. He could be their uncle who takes over raising them.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    You could bring in Tal-Rho from Superman and Lois. He could be their uncle who takes over raising them.
    Or just baby-sit periodically.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Or just baby-sit periodically.
    Maybe as a comic relief or interesting bit for a couple of panels.

Kids do and say the darndest things!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Maybe as a comic relief or interesting bit for a couple of panels.

Kids do and say the darndest things!
    Sure but if you want them to get a spinoff, Tal-Rho adopting them is the way to go.

Sure but if you want them to get a spinoff, Tal-Rho adopting them is the way to go.
    I understand and agree. I just meant to build up enough interest before the spin-off happens.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I understand and agree. I just meant to build up enough interest before the spin-off happens.
    Ok then we are on the same page. Lol
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-28-2023 at 12:24 PM.

Spectacular Member

I gotta admit the twin’s designs are growing on me I like that they don’t look exactly like Clark. Still don’t like the braids though.

Osul reminds me of Chris in a lot of ways, especially now that he’s pretty much a new god.

Am I the only one that’s getting almost fantastic four vibes with them?

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    I gotta admit the twin’s designs are growing on me I like that they don’t look exactly like Clark. Still don’t like the braids though.

Osul reminds me of Chris in a lot of ways, especially now that he’s pretty much a new god.

Hmmm maybe... could be fun if they really go all-in on it.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post

Oh, don't get me started with rip-off Fantastic Fours, lol. The Incredibles did that sure enough!

I'm behind on johnson's run. Can anyone tell me what issues it covers?

His first issue was #1029.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

My thoughts on them are that they have a lot of potential (Clark and Lois adopting kids is a powerful idea, those kids being refugees just makes it even more powerful), but I can't say I particularly care about them yet.

They were fun in the first two issues they appeared, with Otho trying to be the strong older sister making sure her brother remained alive, even if it meant embracing Mongul's ideology. Otho being more cynical to Clark's words initially while Osul was almost immediately drawn to it, iirc, was also a pretty good moment. Kryl revealing that they used to have an older brother that died when Mongul enslaved the Phaelosians just made it all even more powerful.

And then we got the rest of the Warworld saga where they were reduced to "cute kids who follow Superman around". I remember scoffing at Kryl convincing Clark to let them follow him to recover the Fires of Olgrun, and especially to how young they looked in that issue. They did not look that small in their introduction. Anyway, Osul died, can't remember if Otho did anything worth remembering after that, but Clark revived him anyway (they both should really be affected by that whole thing, Osul literally died and Otho literally saw the brother she had been trying to protect die in front of her), so... eh, yeah, I wasn't a big fan of them after those first two issues.

And now they're basically adopted and it's amazing for Daily Planet reporters Clark Kent and Lois Lane to publicly adopt these alien refugee children, both in terms of resonance and in terms of how bonkers it is, but neither Clark nor Lois have much chemistry with them (Bibbo had way more chemistry in his short appearance than both of them have had so far, including the whole Warworld Saga for Clark), and the kids themselves still haven't gotten much of a personality (Otho being very cynical about animals being kept in cages in the zoo was great, but it was only a start). However, Jon's reaction to the news that Lois and Clark were basically adopting them, as well as just how thematically fitting they are for this entire Metallo arc, makes me hope we'll get something good out of them soon enough.

Oh, and Kara better have some moment with Otho, that's a goldmine of potential interactions.

Spectacular Member

I agree Quinlan58, I’d like interaction with the rest of the family too! They have a lot of potential I just hope DC uses it.

One (little) thing I’d like is to see the twins’ Phaelosian abilities like the varied energy generation and stuff. I prefer when the Superfamily fights differently

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I understand why PKJ is having Clark and Lois be open about adopting alien children but doesn't that make it easier for people to put together the connection between Superman and Clark. This means that he could be putting lives at risk.
    didnt clark just get back his civilian idenity

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    didnt clark just get back his civilian idenity
    Yes, and this is what I'm struggling with. Making the connection public forces the Kents to the forefront of public awareness.
    This seems really at cross-purposes with having their civilian id's back.