Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Things are certainly heating up with these two after the last issue of Action:

Osul can tell that Jon is conflicted about the two of them joining the Superfamily. Also seems like he might have telepathy as a result of his New God powers?

Meanwhile Otho has apparently attacked the Blue Earthers. I’m expecting it to be a fakeout with her actually going there because she spied Metallo or something like that, but I would love that not to be the case. These kids are ex-Warworlders, they shouldn’t be 100% acclimated to Superman’s methods or in lockstep with his views.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Osul can tell that Jon is conflicted about the two of them joining the Superfamily. Also seems like he might have telepathy as a result of his New God powers?

Meanwhile Otho has apparently attacked the Blue Earthers. I’m expecting it to be a fakeout with her actually going there because she spied Metallo or something like that, but I would love that not to be the case. These kids are ex-Warworlders, they shouldn’t be 100% acclimated to Superman’s methods or in lockstep with his views.

This was interesting. I wonder if they still won't have to go into hiding after this.

Spectacular Member

So can all Phaelosians shoot energy from their hands and stuff?

Really don't get why they think rubbing the age-up in readers faces will make readers anymore acceptable to it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Really don't get why they think rubbing the age-up in readers faces will make readers anymore acceptable to it.
    Not everything is some personal attack on kid Jon Stans and your inability to move on. This is just a natural outcome of Clark and Lois adopting two new kids, their previous kid feels conflicted about the newcomers and is struggling to adjust.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Not everything is some personal attack on kid Jon Stans and your inability to move on. This is just a natural outcome of Clark and Lois adopting two new kids, their previous kid feels conflicted about the newcomers and is struggling to adjust.
    Show me where I said it was a personal attack.

Show me where I said it was a personal attack.
    “Rubbing the age-up in readers face” implies that every time PKJ explores Jon’s feelings regarding what happened to him is some insidious choice to hurt those who dislike what happened, i.e. it’s personally aimed at provoking you guys. It’s not. It’s just a story being told, we’re getting to see some of the fallout of the past few years explored.

“Rubbing the age-up in readers face” implies that every time PKJ explores Jon’s feelings regarding what happened to him is some insidious choice to hurt those who dislike what happened, i.e. it’s personally aimed at provoking you guys. It’s not. It’s just a story being told, we’re getting to see some of the fallout of the past few years explored.
    I don't think it's provoking; I think it's an attempt to address it that's going poorly.

I'm liking the twins so far and I'm curious to see how they adjust to being Kents.

Incredible Member

I would normally assume that Osul's comment about feeling like he can hear thoughts is just hyperbole, but considering the Old God stuff, maybe not.

As for Otho, I am 100% here for whatever she's doing at the end.

I don't think it's provoking; I think it's an attempt to address it that's going poorly.
    Agreed. I would say the same. Just because something is addressed doesn't mean it's addressed well or even in a way that it should be addressed.

The twins being the catalyst for even addressing it in the first place suggests to me DC never had any intention of ever actually dealing with the consequences of the age up and thought they could just wait out their own readers.

I don't think there is anything that can be done at this point because there is no way that you can address the age up that doesn't put front and center the years DC spent dragging their feet and digging in their heels not addressing it first and how what we've been getting instead just hasn't been worth the throwing away of decades of storytelling potential of Jon as a kid. DC has earned no trust or credibility with it's readers. It's too little, too late.
    Last edited by garazza; 03-30-2023 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm liking the twins so far and I'm curious to see how they adjust to being Kents.
    Lot of cast members to juggle so I hope they have enough space to grow. I rather like them, but the key hook for them is they’re aliens who grew up in hell and are now trying to move past that, but Earth doesn’t welcome them the same way Superman was welcomed. In line with that I wonder just how much they’re going to try and integrate. I think of them as “Kents” too, but will they get human names? I remember PKJ talking about how he hadn’t really decided on that yet. The twins wrestling with whether that’s something they want or if it’s too similar to what Mongul tried to do to them - make them give up their Phaelosian roots and be Warzoons - could be interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    I would normally assume that Osul's comment about feeling like he can hear thoughts is just hyperbole, but considering the Old God stuff, maybe not.

As for Otho, I am 100% here for whatever she's doing at the end.
    Otho seems to have some kind of blue energy emanating from her fists so I definitely think PKJ is going to give both twins a different powerset beyond the baseline of they can fly, have enhanced senses, and are strong. Osul has the New God powers and I think that will lead to some kind of enhanced cosmic awareness or something similar. Maybe Otho will get powers tied to Genesis? That’s still a loose plot thread that needs to be wrapped up at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Hmmmmmmmm. I was wondering how they were being received. It reminds of when Wally and his kids started battling baddies as a family. It gives me hints of something in Gramma's boxes called Power Pax or something like that. It had a bunch of wee ones using their powers together and was a lot of fun.

Superman's family of powered allies is quite large these days. I am glad the new scribe is making it work.

You mean the Marvel comic called Power Pack. Alex, Julie, Jack and Katie Power, four elementary school age siblings, get superpowers and fight aliens as Zero-G, Lightspeed, Mass Master and Energiser. They were later joined by Franklin Richards, son of Reed and Sue from the Fantastic Four, who took the name Tattletale.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I’m really not here for these twins but Jon’s problem should be with Clark & Lois not them but if they get some of his rage oh well it is what it is but Jon has every right to be pissed in this situation & he should’ve let those 2 have it years ago.