Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm liking the twins so far and I'm curious to see how they adjust to being Kents.
    Same here, I feel they can fill the Kid Jon role now that he's been aged up. I only hope DC doesn't age them up too in a few years. They need to stay kids for a while say a couple of decades of our time at least. Also, they are interesting characters in their own right with a backstory full of storytelling potential.
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-31-2023 at 07:44 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Same here, I feel they can fill the Kid Jon role now that he's been aged up. I only hope DC doesn't age them up too in a few years. They need to stay kids for a while say a couple of decades of our time at least. Also, they are interesting characters in their own right with a backstory full of storytelling potential.
    The twins being kids forever would loose my interest pretty fast. I don't mind them getting older via timeskip, I'm just hoping it's better handled than Jon or Chris's timeskip were.

Third times the charm DC.

The ideal scenario would be something like the YJ cartoon's second season. Having the DCU go through a 3-5 year timeskip would help the under 20 legacies as a whole.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-31-2023 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You mean the Marvel comic called Power Pack. Alex, Julie, Jack and Katie Power, four elementary school age siblings, get superpowers and fight aliens as Zero-G, Lightspeed, Mass Master and Energiser. They were later joined by Franklin Richards, son of Reed and Sue from the Fantastic Four, who took the name Tattletale.
    Yes!!!! That is it!! We made Halloween costumes of them and would pretend to be them and have adventures! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The twins being kids forever would loose my interest pretty fast. I don't mind them getting older via timeskip, I'm just hoping it's better handled than Jon or Chris's timeskip were.

Third times the charm DC.

The ideal scenario would be something like the YJ cartoon's second season. Having the DCU go through a 3-5 year timeskip would help the under 20 legacies as a whole.
    little bits at a time. not all at once, and not super-fast either.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    little bits at a time. not all at once, and not super-fast either.
    This, let them fill the kid-tween superhero role for a good long time. And if possible, please, please, PLEASE avoid aging them up unless via a time-skip that ages up everyone else so no Teen Jon shenanigans.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-01-2023 at 03:06 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    This, let them fill the kid-tween superhero role for a good long time. And if possible, please, please, PLEASE avoid aging them up unless via a time-skip that ages up everyone else so no Teen Jon shenanigans.
    Doing the timeskip in one of the imprints is a way to have their cake and eat it. Letting them be kids in the present while teens in DC Ink or adults in Black Label would be ideal.

That would've been perfect for the Future State characters and would've spared us the kid Jon versus teen Jon debate.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-03-2023 at 12:11 PM.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

spoilers:
    As expected, Otho only attacked because one of the protesters was actually part of the Necrohive. Still this does potentially cause complications for the Superfamily, I could see the non-Planet press spinning the coverage into anti-Superman propaganda.
    end of spoilers

Maybe this is the event that ties into what PKJ mentioned about Clark & Lois publicly adopting the twins having repercussions. Maybe the Blue Earth protesters start coming after the Kents too.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I do hope they stay kids for as long as this era lasts. They're adorable and the narrative weight for them is brilliant. Where Jon was basically a secret, they're out there beyond even what Earth sees and the tension of that is a good angle. Of course a pair makes some things easier but other things more difficult.

The idea itself has such a deep foundation in the lore that for me at least, it felt completely natural to add them

About halfway through the warworld saga now btw
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I do hope they stay kids for as long as this era lasts. They're adorable and the narrative weight for them is brilliant. Where Jon was basically a secret, they're out there beyond even what Earth sees and the tension of that is a good angle. Of course a pair makes some things easier but other things more difficult.

The idea itself has such a deep foundation in the lore that for me at least, it felt completely natural to add them

No chance of them getting aged up the way that Jon was. That happened as a result of a very special set of circumstances where DC was essentially preparing Jon to take over the mantle permanently for 5G. The Super-Twins aren’t getting recruited for that kind of deal.

Extraordinary Member

Keep the age they are now. I believe they’re the same age as Irey and Jai West, Tiffany Fox, and Keli Quintela, Lian Harper.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post

Gee, with that short black hair, I can't imagine who she is.

Also why does Superman expect Lois to control superpowers kids? Wrangle them yourself Clark.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Keep the age they are now. I believe they’re the same age as Irey and Jai West, Tiffany Fox, and Keli Quintela, Lian Harper.
    I hope the Super-Twins form a close relationship with the Flash-Twins, writers tend to link a Super-Family member with a Bat-Family counterpart, but I would rather them have something different.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I hope the Super-Twins form a close relationship with the Flash-Twins, writers tend to link a Super-Family member with a Bat-Family counterpart, but I would rather them have something different.
    Yeah Flash kids pairings would be cool. Isn’t there another Flash child now too?
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog