Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Who is Blackrock?
    Note: this is unique to the New Earth version of Blackrock.

But it/they are basically like the symbiotes in marvel comics, but.... can make their host strong enough to fight Superman. such as Lucia

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I like my Batman to be an actual person with limitations and failings, not a plot armor god who easily defeats the entire League within seconds and chumps Darkseid on his home turf.
    One can go too far in either extreme I think. Comic book Batman is a genius orphaned billionaire years trained in countless martial arts and philosophies who swings between skyscrapers and etc, so he seems far from an actual person, but he's a superhero without powers so writers and editors should remember that.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-30-2023 at 06:52 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Note: this is unique to the New Earth version of Blackrock.

But it/they are basically like the symbiotes in marvel comics, but.... can make their host strong enough to fight Superman. such as Lucia
    Lucia should be Bruce's latest love interest.

Incredible Member

He doesn't need metahuman powers to beat metahumans (just look at Clayface), but if he had metahuman powers none of his rogue's gallery would credibly pose a threat to him (aside from Clayface).

The simple fact is that he has to be at the same power level as the money maker (Joker). While it is already laughable that Joker constantly wins against Batman when Batman can design something like Failsafe, at least a Batman without metahuman powers can be considered at the same level as the Joker.
    Last edited by lefthanded; 01-30-2023 at 11:41 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    He doesn't need metahuman powers to beat metahumans (just look at Clayface), but if he had metahuman powers none of his rogue's gallery would credibly pose a threat to him (aside from Clayface).

The simple fact is that he has to be at the same power level as the money maker (Joker). While it is already laughable that Joker constantly wins against Batman when Batman can design something like Failsafe, at least a Batman without metahuman powers can be considered at the same level as the Joker.
    But he needs meta human powers when he goes up against gods every other week thanks to his role on the justice league.

Incredible Member

I could see someone doing it as a one off arc kind of thing not permanently. Other wise you get Thomas Wayne of Earth-2. Just poppin pills to get super powers and the only way he can fight.