Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    It would be kind of interesting to see the Council call up Elixer, Triage, the Morlock Healer, maybe even Masque, and anybody else that has healing powers and telling them, okay. You guys now have a nine to five job. You're Krakoa's medical branch now.
    I was saying the same thing to a another reader that The Healing Garden should have Triage, Saint Anna, Healer and Sister Salvation working there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Which is an Idiot Plot because quite a few people have pointed out that the X-Men had a LOT more options to make it work than working with someone that LITERALLY EVERYBODY IN THE X-MEN knew couldn't be trusted as far as you could kick him.
    TRUE!

But when has LOGIC ever lead to the level of DRAMA we've grown accustomed to with our X-verse happenings?

That's a gross oversimplification. Julian and Josh originally got along quite well because both had the same sort of privileged upbringing and attitude. It was only after learning Josh had been a Purifier before his powers manifested that Julian turned on him.

TBH, a lot of people forget that Josh might have been an even bigger ass than Julian originally (like the whole thing of knowingly stringing along both Laurie AND Rahne).
    True, but oversimplifications are funny.

I also found out that Claremont wrote Julian for a few pages, and he had Julian call Josh a weiner. Josh can also still be mad about that
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    True, but oversimplifications are funny.

I also found out that Claremont wrote Julian for a few pages, and he had Julian call Josh a weiner. Josh can also still be mad about that
    Tbh, that's literally funnier to me than pettiness born of genuine grievances. 100 years in the future and Josh is still a dick to Julian because one time he called him a weiner, when they were like, fifteen.

Astonishing Member

Which is an Idiot Plot because quite a few people have pointed out that the X-Men had a LOT more options to make it work than working with someone that LITERALLY EVERYBODY IN THE X-MEN knew couldn't be trusted as far as you could kick him.
    But they didn't use or considered the options because the plot said it has to be, so he could betray them... it really was an idiot plot for the sake of having that plot and everyone involved looks worse for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Synch340 View Post
    I was saying the same thing to a another reader that The Healing Garden should have Triage, Saint Anna, Healer and Sister Salvation working there.
    And now let us considering that they have this super duper krakoa plant tech at their disposale. So it's not like they would need to do all work by themself. Infact for all we know Krakoa tech could likely replicate their powers to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    TRUE!

But when has LOGIC ever lead to the level of DRAMA we've grown accustomed to with our X-verse happenings?
    True, characters need to do stupid, foolish, impulsive things for the sake of drama. Infact that makes them relatable.
    But how well that works depends on how much the consumer is willing to accept that these acts as being rational within the narrative itself.

Problem is. Trusting Sinister like this or believing they can keep him under controll goes contrary to how we know these characters, therefor the drama isn't worth overlooking the stupid.
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-24-2023 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

Problem is. Trusting Sinister like this or believing they can keep him under controll goes contrary to how we know these characters, therefor the drama isn't worth overlooking the stupid.
    Amnesty for all, ammirite?

Astonishing Member

"So you killed, tortured, tormented, manipulated and brutaly experimented on thousands of mutants and non-mutants over at least a hundred years, which includes us, our friends, our families and allies. Ah well. We need everyone we can get to build this weird island nation, from a place that actively wants to eat us, because we blindly trust our disgraced founder who has been absent in the Astral Plane for an unknown amount of time and now returned wearing an eye concealing giant helmet that vaguely resembles Evil Reed Richard from another universe. So welcome aboard. You know what. Why don't you join our shadowy pseudo-governmental body that is created via nepotism?"

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    "So you killed, tortured, tormented, manipulated and brutaly experimented on thousands of mutants and non-mutants over at least a hundred years, which includes us, our friends, our families and allies. Ah well. We need everyone we can get to build this weird island nation, from a place that actively wants to eat us, because we blindly trust our disgraced founder who has been absent in the Astral Plane for an unknown amount of time and now returned wearing an eye concealing giant helmet that vaguely resembles Evil Reed Richard from another universe. So welcome aboard. You know what. Why don't you join our shadowy pseudo-governmental body that is created via nepotism?"
    Professor X: It's okay. I know some of you don't trust Mr. Sinister, but he's promised to behave himself and not backstab anybody.

Sinister: I never once promised that.

Prof: I can guarantee you he'll work along with our other trust worthy government leaders such as Apocalypse, Magento, Sebsation Shaw, and Exodus.

Sinister: Again I didn't promise anything like that

Prof: Also I've decided that to help keep them in-line, Kitty Pryde will in the government to. She will also lead a team named after evil murderous assassins.

Kitty: Wait... what?

Professor X: Also both our black ops intelligence agency and traumatized, super-powered kids will be left completely unsupervised.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Extraordinary Member

He wasn't a mutant to start with. He 'became a mutant' by grafting Thunderbird's DNA onto his.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

BANNED

The worst part is that HE'S NOT EVEN A MUTANT.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    He wasn't a mutant to start with. He 'became a mutant' by grafting Thunderbird's DNA onto his.
    Which was never even how it worked before. He would have been considered a mutate, which are an entirely different classification.

BABES.

The reaction I'm seeing would suggest my EXPLANATION of "amnesty, ammirite?" is somehow me EXCUSING(?) Sinister's horrific past and/or his machinations of becoming a mutant to benefit from this new fangled Krakoan experiment?

These two things are not the same. LOL

Astonishing Member

BABES.

The reaction I'm seeing would suggest my EXPLANATION of "amnesty, ammirite?" is somehow me EXCUSING(?) Sinister's horrific past and/or his machinations of becoming a mutant to benefit from this new fangled Krakoan experiment?

These two things are not the same. LOL
    I took it more as sarcastic comment towards a weakly excused plot point.

And then creating a fake in universe summarization of what said plot point should sound like to the people involved.

Besides it's not just Sinister. The amnesti was given to a lot of super villains who did horrible things for vile and simple reason, all encouraged by being given super powers via their X-Gene.

Well then you're not wrong and I appreciate you, My Grunty?
    Lets hug it out. Hold hands? Brush my hair and tell me I'm pretty? I'll brush yours?

We can hash out details over breakfast burritos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    But, didn't Essex start grafting mutant DNA to his being after sometime after Apocalypse transformed him into Mister Sinister well before Proudstar was even born?