Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

He's made it pretty clear he hates any and all adaptations of his work. The only one he even gave a slight hat tip to was that Justice League episode that adapted For The Man Who Has Everything. And even that was probably more to do with the fact that he didn't own any of the characters in it. I think the producers wanted his approval and he basically said he didn't care.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    He's made it pretty clear he hates any and all adaptations of his work. The only one he even gave a slight hat tip to was that Justice League episode that adapted For The Man Who Has Everything. And even that was probably more to do with the fact that he didn't own any of the characters in it. I think the producers wanted his approval and he basically said he didn't care.
    I mean, that's as much praise as he has ever given any of adaptations of his work. Timm and co. should feel honored.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I mean, that's as much praise as he has ever given any of adaptations of his work. Timm and co. should feel honored.
    Even if it was delivered in a petty way.

"Mumble mumble mumble shite, mumble mumble bah, humbug!" (not a direct quote)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    "Mumble mumble mumble shite, mumble mumble bah, humbug!" (not a direct quote)
    Still pretty close though!

Mighty Member

At this point, probably indifference. I hate the fact that Watchmen is a franchise and the only external watchmen story I'm interested in is Rorshach, mostly because it seems to make a point that the character himself isn't someone to be idolised and is a story about how symbols are stupid in the long run.

But yeah, there was the "being screwed by DC thing" and while I don't agree with him on everything... I do at least see his point. I'm not trying to say Watchmen should be this untouched franchise, I just believe that you shouldn't make Mr Manhattan the God of your prime Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Pretty sure he hated the franchise.

Legalities aside, I’ve always found Moore hypocritical regarding his feelings on using his characters, and for someone as smart as he obv. is, unbelievably dim on what comics are.
    Exactly. He has no problem using licensed characters that other people created, but he complains when people use characters he created. That's why I can't feel sorry for him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Especially in that The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is a franchise he created based on characters created by others. Maybe some of those creators would not have been thrilled by how Moore used their creations. In light of what some of the characters do in Moore's books, I'm pretty sure at least some of them would have objected. (Moore has the benefit of the creators being dead.) And don't get me started on Lost Girls.
    I am pretty sure the people who created Hogwarts, Voldemort and Harry Potter absolutely did not give their permission for LXG Vol 3.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Even if it was delivered in a petty way.
    I mean, it wouldn't be Moore if it wasn't. lol

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    But yeah, there was the "being screwed by DC thing" and while I don't agree with him on everything... I do at least see his point. I'm not trying to say Watchmen should be this untouched franchise, I just believe that you shouldn't make Mr Manhattan the God of your prime Universe.
    I'd imagine Geoff Johns is the kind of writer Moore hates the most.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I mean, it wouldn't be Moore if it wasn't. lol

^^^Really? How come?

Astonishing Member

I'd imagine if someone told him about Infinite Frontier, he'd probably hate Joshua Williamson even more since Williamson has even out-raccooned Johns ("I increasingly get a sense of the comics industry going through my trashcan like raccoons in the dead of the night").

Extraordinary Member

^^^Really? How come?
    Have you read Doomsday Clock?

Have you read Doomsday Clock?
    ^^^LOL! My bad, I get it now.

^^^Really? How come?
    Because Johns had the temerity to treat characters Moore created for Green Lantern the way Moore treats public domain characters. Before Before Watchment or Doomsday Clock were even announced Moore decided to take credit for the story Johns wrote for Blackest Night because it used a few characters and concepts he had created in his work for hire work, despite anybody who read both of them knowing that the connections were tenuous at best.

Then again who knows why Moore has some of the vendettas he does. He hates the publisher of Fantagraphics and absolutely nobody who works there has the slightest idea why.