Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Bester was awesome, but I wouldn't call him the "best character" on the show. As you mention, Londo and G'Kar's complexity made them much more compelling characters.
    Fair: "Best Villain" isn't what the thread is about, and I don't know if you can pick a "best character" in B5 (at least I can't). Bester's not the clear winner in any case.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Babylon 5 is one of those shows that for at least 15yrs I keep saying I'm going to watch start to end.
    I've seen numerous episodes from various seasons but don't have the full scope of it and it seems interesting.
    So interesting that I did buy all the DVDs waaaayyyy back when I found them on a Black Friday Amazon deal but I kept finding roadblocks to not get to the series.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I don't know if you'd consider him the outright villain of the show, especially when there were various other clear-cut baddies, but it's hard to imagine Deadwood being as fantastic as it was without definitely-not-a-good-guy Al Swearengen.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    I don't know if you'd consider him the outright villain of the show, especially when there were various other clear-cut baddies, but it's hard to imagine Deadwood being as fantastic as it was without definitely-not-a-good-guy Al Swearengen.
    Yea, I considered him and Tony Soprano and what not..and in our era of villainous bad evil protagonists, I think the question is only meaningful and a challenge more if we limit ourselves to villain antagonists.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”