The live action adaptation of Alita fights the following

1) Wolverine (Foxverse)
    2) Sonny (I, Robot movie)
    3) Blade (movies)
    4) Captain America (MCU)
    5) Black Panther (MCU)
    6) Robocop, T-800, and the T-X
    7) The T-1000 and The Predator from the 2nd movie
    8) The Green Power Ranger (Tommy Oliver)
    9) Nameless and Sky from the movie Hero
    10) Koo Ja-Yoon (The Witch Part 1)
    11) Ultron (MCU)
    12) White Vision (MCU)

This is Alita as of the end of the movie, with all the stuff.
    Last edited by Postmania; 01-24-2023 at 07:21 PM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Spectacular Member

Okay, I'll give this a shot.

1) Wolverine (Foxverse) I say Alita is faster and stronger than Logan. Both have regen. I don't think her sword is cutting through adamantium (who can say) but it cuts through any other metal and it will cut through his flesh just fine. Wolvie will scratch her and she'll just regenerate, so she'll be faster and doing more damage.
    2) Sonny (I, Robot movie) Don't remember the movie.
    3) Blade (movies) Stomp for Alita.
    4) Captain America (MCU) Alita takes it. She's faster and has regen. Cap holds out for a while, but Alita just needs to hit once with the sword, and Cap is done. While Cap will have a hard time putting Alita down, who has closer to Spider-Man speed, with greater tactical sense.
    5) Black Panther (MCU) Alita's sword and regen is the deciding factor here as well. The Vibranium suit should be able to fend off some of it, IDK, but, I'm not feeling that. She heats that thing up with plasma and it has a monomolecular edge. If suit has any weakness, I think this blade might tear through it. That sword is a killer. Alita is also tough to put down. Alita 7/10.
    6) Robocop, T-800, and the T-X. Jeez, Alita's combat style is made tailor made to kill robots in battle. She kills all these. Maybe has a little problem with TX.
    7) The T-1000 and The Predator from the 2nd movie. Alita kills these too.
    8) The Green Power Ranger (Tommy Oliver) Don't know him.
    9) Nameless and Sky from the movie Hero. Don't know him.
    10) Koo Ja-Yoon (The Witch Part 1) Don't know him.
    11) Ultron (MCU). Ultron is tough, but slow. Alita will kill him too.
    12) White Vision (MCU). I don't think Alita can take Vision. The phasing will be too much. He can just fly up, phase at will, and zap the hell out of her, assuming White Vision can do that. Vision takes her.

Yeah, Alita is a tough customer. Speed, Regen, Combat Skills, and the monomolecular blade are too much for most characters, honestly.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    Yeah, Alita is a tough customer. Speed, Regen, Combat Skills, and the monomolecular blade are too much for most characters, honestly.
    When did Alita demonstrate regen? I saw the movie a while back and most of it has faded from my memory but she never had regen in the manga. She's a cyborg, she can't regrow mechanical parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    When did Alita demonstrate regen? I saw the movie a while back and most of it has faded from my memory but she never had regen in the manga. She's a cyborg, she can't regrow mechanical parts.
    There was a scene near the end where that ripper tentacle weapon punches a minor wound in her side which after a few moments regenerates in a liquid metal/nanobots type of way.
    -Stephen McCranie

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    There was a scene near the end where that ripper tentacle weapon punches a minor wound in her side which after a few moments regenerates in a liquid metal/nanobots type of way.
    Got it, thank you. My focus was definitely wandering by this point in the movie.

Looks like a bit more than a few moments, she's on her knees for a fair bit, has a flashback and then heals. It's not like... incredible regen. Being stabbed enough would probably do for her.

Got it, thank you. My focus was definitely wandering by this point in the movie.
    Tbh so was mine around this time. Still was fun to watch last night overall.

Looks like a bit more than a few moments, she's on her knees for a fair bit, has a flashback and then heals. It's not like... incredible regen. Being stabbed enough would probably do for her.
    That's probably true. If she can keep away from anything major it will have an effect though I suppose.
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Based on what I see in this clip, Alita COULD kill Ja-Yoon if Ja-Yoon stood there and let her do it, or played around. Unless Alita has some actual, really serious bullet-time feats floating around.

If Ja-Yoon isn't playing around, Alita isn't touching her and Ja-Yoon blitzes. Is that enough to put down Alita? If Ja-Yoon has any kind of weapon, Alita is getting it in the eye. Alternately, Ja-Yoon goes for brain squish, either with hands or PK.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 01-25-2023 at 11:09 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Based on what I see in this clip, Alita COULD kill Ja-Yoon if Ja-Yoon stood there and let her do it, or played around. Unless Alita has some actual, really serious bullet-time feats floating around.

If Ja-Yoon isn't playing around, Alita isn't touching her and Ja-Yoon blitzes. Is that enough to put down Alita? If Ja-Yoon has any kind of weapon, Alita is getting it in the eye. Alternately, Ja-Yoon goes for brain squish, either with hands or PK.
    Don't have the clips on hand right now, but Alita's probably stronger and tougher pound for pound though not so much in the other areas.

That tentacle thing in the clip was shown previously shown cutting through other cyborg bodies in an aside (which although not exactly feated were basically made up of metal and hard plastics and such) and easily going through wooden floors and walls so it just punching a small hole in her new body seems like a decent showing for her toughness.

And in an earlier fight scene (skip to 5:45 or so) with a weaker noncombat designed body she proved pretty capable of dismembering cyborgs so that works out well for her strength (or at least hitting power).

She has other feats with her improved body later but I don't remember which parts showed off those traits specifically atm

A melee fight would likely be a battle of wearing each other down since she holds the edge in pure power. I had forgotten about the TK though that would probably tip things one way...
    Last edited by Postmania; 01-25-2023 at 11:31 AM.
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I have zero doubt that Alita is stronger and tougher. For me, it's just that Ja-Yoon is fast enough to easily blitz someone who is at LEAST as fast as Alita (Nobleman, and she was playing with him), at least based on the clips. So Alita isn't hitting Ja-Yoon unless Ja-Yoon lets her for quite a long time. And Ja-Yoon is hitting her at will...or PK-busting her brain.

Worse, unless Alita's sword has some kind of 'can only be used by Alita' thing going for it, Ja-Yoon - with her speed - can likely find a way to take it from her, and if that happens, Alita gets insta-ganked.

Speed kills, and when one person in the fight can literally do 'I disappear from view to attack from another direction' against people who are at least as fast as Alita, I'm not liking Alita's odds unless she's tough enough to simply ignore the damage or regen it as quickly as it comes. In this case, I'd need to see the toughest things she tanked without damage and how they compare to Ja-Yoon once she gets going (the front kick against Nobleman being a great example of that, and even that was more of a contemptuous strike than her obviously going all-out)...but then there's also the whole 'yoink sword by some shennanigans and cut in two' or 'PK squoosh on brain'.

Mileage may vary, of course!
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 01-25-2023 at 12:17 PM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate