Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Default BOOYAH!!!: Cyborg/Victor Stone Appreciation 2023

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Should be a good year for Victor honestly. Fourth season of Doom Patrol is out and running, he’s part of the Titans but his Justice League history persists, and he’s getting his own solo series again.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Writer Morgan Hampton from The Milestone Initiative Talent Development Program joins forces with veteran artist Tom Raney (Green Lantern, Uncanny X-Men) to give Cyborg the Dawn of DC epic he deserves starting on May 16!

When a family emergency brings Cyborg back home to Detroit, Victor Stone surprisingly finds himself enjoying returning to the simpler life--where everybody sees him for who he really is and always was, rather than a larger-than-life superhero. It’s been a while since Vic’s been able to lower his guard and seek a purpose outside of being Cyborg 24/7. But a lot has changed in Detroit while Victor’s been away. An aggressive new company is turning the Motor City into an overclocked engine for revolutionary artificial intelligence...and no one knows better than Cyborg that technological transformation always comes at a steep human price! Fans can also get a preview of what's to come for Cyborg in Hampton’s story in DC Power: A Celebration available on January 31.

His new look is better with the pants and jacket.

Love the cover. I really hope this series is good.

Definitely looks like they took some cartoon influence for the new look.

Incredible Member

Well I’m rooting for the solo comic and the Titans book. I like the new look, it seems they were listening to fan’s complaints on it, definitely a step up from the last look.

Knew this would be a good year, today proves just that.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Writer Morgan Hampton from The Milestone Initiative Talent Development Program joins forces with veteran artist Tom Raney (Green Lantern, Uncanny X-Men) to give Cyborg the Dawn of DC epic he deserves starting on May 16!

When a family emergency brings Cyborg back home to Detroit, Victor Stone surprisingly finds himself enjoying returning to the simpler life--where everybody sees him for who he really is and always was, rather than a larger-than-life superhero. It’s been a while since Vic’s been able to lower his guard and seek a purpose outside of being Cyborg 24/7. But a lot has changed in Detroit while Victor’s been away. An aggressive new company is turning the Motor City into an overclocked engine for revolutionary artificial intelligence...and no one knows better than Cyborg that technological transformation always comes at a steep human price! Fans can also get a preview of what's to come for Cyborg in Hampton’s story in DC Power: A Celebration available on January 31.
    I'm liking the concept and art.

Astonishing Member

Hopefully this writer doesn't rehash the tired man vs machine narrative.

All-New Member

Wish there was a different artist for the interiors, Tom Raney's art, faces, etc. Are not pleasing to my eyes

I'm not in LOVE with his new look, but it's 99% better than the bandage wear he'd was force to look in the last few years. N. Scott is one of my faves, but I wish she made him a little bigger. I know it means little, but he's supposed to be 6'6". They would never make Thor look that small.
    As for his solo, I'm hopeful, but I doubt it'll last more than a year. I used to like Tom Raney's art a lot, especially in the 90's, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Wait... is the "jewel" thing in his head no longer in the center?
    Very minor nitpic but now I can't unsee it now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Wait... is the "jewel" thing in his head no longer in the center?
    Very minor nitpic but now I can't unsee it now lol
    I think it is... at least from Nicola's piece. It's just blue instead of red now.
    I'm just glad his has more flesh now. I think the black parts of his design is fabric, covering his skin, instead of cybernetics.

I hope Vic has a love interest in the book. Maybe Sarah Charles will show up.