Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Whooo Cyborg ongoing nice, like that cover with him in a jacket and pants

But wait....the artist is the guy who did the Jo Mullein section in the last Green Lantern? Ooooof man that is worrying not gonna lie.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-25-2023 at 04:53 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Wait the artist is the guy who did the Jo Mullein section in the last Green Lantern? Ooooof man that is worrying not gonna lie.
    Jamal Campbell did Far Sector.

Raney did the later runs of Stormwatch (before DC), Alpha Flight and early days of Avenger Academy. And most of Redjacks's GL run.

I'm excited to see more.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Jamal Campbell did Far Sector.

Raney did the later runs of Stormwatch (before DC), Alpha Flight and early days of Avenger Academy. And most of Redjacks's GL run.
    The poster meant Thorne’s Green Lantern run. Jo was one of the main characters in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The poster meant Thorne’s Green Lantern run. Jo was one of the main characters in it.
    Yeah thats what I meant.

Thorne's GL run was divided into 2 halves starring Jo Mullein and John Stewart each with their own artists. John Stewart's section of the run was primarily drawn by Marco Santucci while as said Jo Mullein was handled by Raney.

I'm looking forward to Cyborg's series. His new look looks great

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Yeah thats what I meant.

Thorne's GL run was divided into 2 halves starring Jo Mullein and John Stewart each with their own artists. John Stewart's section of the run was primarily drawn by Marco Santucci while as said Jo Mullein was handled by Raney.
    I think you mean John's section of the run was primarily drawn by Tom Raney, while Jo Mullein's section was primarily drawn by Marco Santucci.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I'm looking forward to Cyborg's series. His new look looks great

I think you mean John's section of the run was primarily drawn by Tom Raney, while Jo Mullein's section was primarily drawn by Marco Santucci.
    Wait really? Hmmmmh must have got it mixed and my memory is fucked.

Well either way hopefully the book looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Writer Morgan Hampton from The Milestone Initiative Talent Development Program joins forces with veteran artist Tom Raney (Green Lantern, Uncanny X-Men) to give Cyborg the Dawn of DC epic he deserves starting on May 16!

When a family emergency brings Cyborg back home to Detroit, Victor Stone surprisingly finds himself enjoying returning to the simpler life--where everybody sees him for who he really is and always was, rather than a larger-than-life superhero. It’s been a while since Vic’s been able to lower his guard and seek a purpose outside of being Cyborg 24/7. But a lot has changed in Detroit while Victor’s been away. An aggressive new company is turning the Motor City into an overclocked engine for revolutionary artificial intelligence...and no one knows better than Cyborg that technological transformation always comes at a steep human price! Fans can also get a preview of what's to come for Cyborg in Hampton’s story in DC Power: A Celebration available on January 31.
    this looks fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Definitely looks like they took some cartoon influence for the new look.

this looks bad
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    His new look is better with the pants and jacket.
    I am not sure about that though currently i slightly clean against clothes on tech body...... Except with using holograms which Cyborg SHOULD be able to so. It nonsensical for anyone with should advanced tech in his body to wear real physical clothes when they have the ability to holographically create clothes and skin to appear "normal".

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Knew this would be a good year, today proves just that.
    Well, lets hope so.

At the very least i am very pleased to see Cyborg get another chance at his own solo. Very much looking for to it however i do NOT like the new designs fo Cyborg's tech body.

I did NOT know he had a solo coming, that's a great surprise. Like the others said I hope there's no 'man or machine' content unless it's truly thought provoking.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I am not sure about that though currently i slightly clean against clothes on tech body...... Except with using holograms which Cyborg SHOULD be able to so. It nonsensical for anyone with should advanced tech in his body to wear real physical clothes when they have the ability to holographically create clothes and skin to appear "normal".
    I don't need him to wear clothes it's just without it he's stuck with a very generic and clunky look.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That is good. But I don't love the fact that the font is the same one used for Dark Crisis.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman