Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    I thought i'd ask this question here .....

I like to stick to established lore and "comic book facts" as it , in theory, reduces a lot of unnecessary debating. Either something is or it isn't until new data changes the conclusion.

With that said... someone please refresh my memory before i reread the current Cyborg #1 and its predecessor series....

has Morgan Hampton established within the new series that Victors power set is due to advanced technology allowing him to morph body parts (which some might call an alien version of nanotechnology) or has it been established that Victors power set is derived from a mechanical means i.e. allowing him to reveal hidden body parts (ex. a cannon within his forearm for example)?

To date i've been under the impression that since 2015 *at least* Cyborg had the ability to *create* weaponry and appearances. Is there any information that contradicts that perspective since 2015 (hell even prior to that)?

I think a clarification of precisely HOW Cyborgs power set is derived would (hypothetically) reduce a lot of opinion based takes.
    So far, it seems consistent with the Motherbox advanced alien technology. Boomtubes and all.

I'm curious folks - when did you most enjoy Cyborg? Not necessarily what you thought the best storyline was (though it could be that) or when he was at his most popular (though it could be that, too), but when was he most enjoyable to you read? I would prefer to limit to only comics, and only non-AU Vic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'm curious folks - when did you most enjoy Cyborg? Not necessarily what you thought the best storyline was (though it could be that) or when he was at his most popular (though it could be that, too), but when was he most enjoyable to you read? I would prefer to limit to only comics, and only non-AU Vic.
    Well, I first saw Cyborg in the Superfriends cartoon. I've seen him in various comics... and... I like the Superfriends version best.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Martian Manhunter and Zatanna are with the Justice League and JLD nowadays. Vibe and Gypsy can come out of limbo to region JLD and also add in Vixen as well.
    Cyborg sort of replacing Steel as the JLDetroit's resident Cyborg sounds neat, as well as pushing him up to a more leader-y role, which he might share with Vixen, or she defer to him since she might be busy with other stuff as well, and not have the bandwidth for being leader (while Cyborg is all about 'the bandwith'). Vibe duplicates some of what Victor can do, but I'm okay with that. I bought a book years ago with an entire team of Green Lanterns in it, so I'm fine with some power-duplication, so long as the characters themselves are distinct. Perhaps Gypsy can have a different name...

City Boy might make an interesting addition to this group. Maybe Cassandra Cain as the obligatory Bat? Red Hood or Arsenal seem about the right power level as well, but might have a bit more 'tude than I want here. I don't want Victor being constantly challenged or undermined by his teammates!

Or just totally lean into the 'multiple characters with similar powers' vibe and have Cyborg, Blue Beetle / Jaime, Commander Steel / Heywood, Robotman / Cliff Steele, etc. all team up for some arbitrary reason.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 10-10-2023 at 09:07 PM.

Incredible Member

This answer might seem a bit odd considering how much Cyborg material exist *and* considering my personal distaste for Cyborgs face plate but....

the first thought that comes to mind when I think of when Cyborg made me smile is when i read issues 21 through 23 of the 2016 / 2017 series with art by Tom Derenick .

Have i seen more impressive Cyborg art? Sure. Have i seen images of Cyborg that were more ... emotionally moving? Yes. But when i think of the art that made me smile the first thing i think of is that 3 issue arc with emphasis on issue 21.

The art feels so .... *light* and welcoming while simultaneously being full of action. It reminds me of a Saturday morning cartoon from the late 80's and early 90's. Cyborg is flying through the air with thrust imagery in his wake, fighting mechs, sun reflecting off of his armor and performing feats of strength by lifting gigantic mech parts over his head. The story isn't tremendous but it's *fun* and you see a superhero doing classic superhero things without emo angst. He's a superhero with the ability to manifest weaponry and armor. It's beautiful in a childish classic capes comic way.

It's just.... *good*.

I'm smiling as i type this

Cyborg flying 2016.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

City Boy might make an interesting addition to this group. Maybe Cassandra Cain as the obligatory Bat? Red Hood or Arsenal seem about the right power level as well, but might have a bit more 'tude than I want here. I don't want Victor being constantly challenged or undermined by his teammates!

Or just totally lean into the 'multiple characters with similar powers' vibe and have Cyborg, Blue Beetle / Jaime, Commander Steel / Heywood, Robotman / Cliff Steele, etc. all team up for some arbitrary reason.
    Wow.

Yes. I like that idea *a lot*. That pairing has the potential for some emotional story telling with real depth.

I'd love to see City Boy on a Vic led team.
    Last edited by Customizer; 10-12-2023 at 03:25 AM.
    Don't complain. Create.

Love this question.

Might be a weird answer, but for me I think it might be JLA/Titans: Technis Imperative and Flashpoint.

Technis Imperative was the first comic with Vic that I read, and it cemented him as a heavy hitter in my mind, flexing tech well beyond humanity's. And the crux of the story, that Vic was homesick and missed his friends, hinted at an emotional depth I wanted to learn more about. And with Flashpoint I love how competent and respected Vic is, he really felt like he was the 'Superman' of that world, and it was one of his better costumes too.

Outside of comics, I hate saying it, but Teen Titans GO has developed Vic's character more than comics ever did. Not saying that's a 'great' version of Vic, I'd never call anything on that show 'great' exactly, but....that Cyborg has favorite songs, foods, and hobbies. Which is more than the comics can maintain. He fights a femme fatale/girlfriend and an evil dragon from a crazy dimension, which is cooler than most of the rogues he's fought in print. And he's beyond his 'man/machine' angst; you see it occasionally in a flashback or A plot, but mostly the dude is just fun. Happy and confident within himself. Weirdly, it's everything I want Vic to be, except I don't want him to be anything like GO.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    So far, it seems consistent with the Motherbox advanced alien technology. Boomtubes and all.
    Much appreciated.

That's how i'm interpreting things as well.

And an image from the most recent Titans series issue #1 i think you might appreciate if for no other reason than the "inconsistency" it represents.

This image makes me geek out like a kid (it's an awesome representation of Victor) and shake my head with slight irritation simultaneously.

He literally ....creates a transparent helmet to give him increased protection from the toxic material below him (which, again, is awesome)....

creates helmet.jpg

but you know why that bothers me lol.
    Last edited by Customizer; 10-14-2023 at 05:10 AM.
    Don't complain. Create.

Ultimate Member

Well it seems Morgan Hampton has found new work as he is doing a Star Trek book with Jake Sisko, Alexander and Q2 for IDW.

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/10/13/ny...tar-trek-2024/

Sons of Star Trek, releasing February 2024, puts the spotlight on “Star Trek nepo babies.” Written by Morgan Hampton, drawn by Angel Hernandez, and colored by Nick Filardi, it’ll feature Jake Sisko, Alexander, and Q2. Antos mentioned, “If you’re watching current shows on TV, you’ll have an idea [of who will show up].” Kelly described them as nepo babies “in the best way as they get to see where they’ve come from.”

Incredible Member

Congratulations to Morgan Hampton. To be a paid writer is phenomenal.

It's a bit early considering we're only 3 issues into a 6 issue mini series but i do wonder what will become of Cyborg after this mini. I'm enjoying the Titans series that includes him but i'd love an excuse to buy 2 titles from DC.

Edit:

HA! I know you've all read *that panel* in issue #4.

It's subtle but the implication was clear

I won't post the panel so as not to spoil it for those who haven't.

It's as though Morgan Hampton has been reading this forum....
    Last edited by Customizer; 10-17-2023 at 03:58 AM.
    Don't complain. Create.

Incredible Member

So has anyone seen or heard anything new regarding Cyborg being added to the new Justice League?

I've seen an image allegedly showing just that from an upcoming Superman issue.
    Don't complain. Create.

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    So has anyone seen or heard anything new regarding Cyborg being added to the new Justice League?

I've seen an image allegedly showing just that from an upcoming Superman issue.
    News to me. Link to pic?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    News to me. Link to pic?

Diaclaimer: I do not know if this image is a legitimate scan or picture from an upcoming comic. That's why I asked about it.

With that said:

https://twitter.com/SIM0NJESS/status...53087020142636
    Don't complain. Create.

hmm... Cyborg, Zatanna, one of the Aqua-people, Plastic-man, a Flash, a WW, hmm... not that weird honestly.

Ok, ok. I’m intrigued.

Incredible Member

Someone mentioned Clark and Bruce being involved as well. I mention that as ... and i'm no the most knowledgeable when it comes to DC ... but isn't this the New 52 Justice League + Zatanna and Plastic Man?

Which i'm fine with as long as Cyborg is treated well but ...wasn't there a fan push back with regard to the new 52 ? And wasn't the issue of what is and isn't canon thrown into flux when new 52 was canceled? Wouldn't that mean Cyborg is pulling ...double duty as a hero (triple if you consider his solo activities)?

I'm sure i have some of that incorrect but i'm relying on you folks to correct me
    Last edited by Customizer; 10-26-2023 at 08:17 PM.
    Don't complain. Create.