Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

I like his choice in swimwear if nothing else.

When did Silas die?

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    Yeah… Looking at those DC swimsuit variants… This ain’t it. All those beautiful superheroes and then there’s Vic. He sticks out so badly in those covers.

He’s your one non-legacy, black male hero that has any notable appearances and this is as good as it gets. I actually held out hope that he might be able to show more flesh. Oh well.
    Seems like it doesn't matter whether he's with the League or the Titans, in variant covers like that he'd always stick out like a sore thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Seems like it doesn't matter whether he's with the League or the Titans, in variant covers like that he'd always stick out like a sore thumb.
    They could adjust that though. Sadly, they’d just rather not.

what covers?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like his choice in swimwear if nothing else.

When did Silas die?
    wait what?
    The J-man

Niffleheim

I went in search of these swimwear covers and Vic is featured in the Titans' variant

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/dc...licitations/#3
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Seems like he's wearing the same kinda stuff the other guys are, don't see much that's askew here.

He's not in "human" form, but I wouldn't expect a lot of that on covers anyway (especially for Titans and not his solo), even if he starts using the ability on a regular basis within the story.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Seems like he's wearing the same kinda stuff the other guys are, don't see much that's askew here.

He's not in "human" form, but I wouldn't expect a lot of that on covers anyway (especially for Titans and not his solo), even if he starts using the ability on a regular basis within the story.
    I feel if he isn’t rocking a more fleshly appearance here in their swimsuit edition, then he never will.

I just had hope that this latest version of Cyborg would be for me. For those that dig what he is now, hope y’all enjoy.

I feel if he isn’t rocking a more fleshly appearance here in their swimsuit edition, then he never will.

I just had hope that this latest version of Cyborg would be for me. For those that dig what he is now, hope y’all enjoy.
    Bro, you know what it is. Black characters never get the type of polish and shine their peers get. The fact some folk are content to relish Victor in a Frankenstein metal gear look despite his obvious ability to look more human is why he will never be respected as a big time hero.

As someone who use to rep Vic hard from 2010 to 2014 expecting DC to write him a certain way and elevate his charter.

I'd just advise you not to get your hopes to high. Enjoy the good stories and characterizations when they come and don't get your hopes too high. Otherwise your just setting yourself up for disappointment
    The J-man

Hey when it comes to the variant cover I say it’s a good thing that Victor is in a swimsuit and having fun playing with friends…and thankfully they didn’t just make him the boombox.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

On a random variant cover for Titans? I dunno man, I'm surprised they even got the new costume right. Definitely don't expect them to know about any potential "normal" mode Vic might have.

If we get that back (and it never should've gone away in the first place), it'll be within his own title, we're not likely to learn about it from a variant cover for a completely different series.

Hard to tell until the book actually comes out.

If we get the same crap DC usually shoves our way, I'm out. Obviously. But the new regime has done right by Dick and Wally and I'm liking the new design for Vic, so...we'll see.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    On a random variant cover for Titans? I dunno man, I'm surprised they even got the new costume right. Definitely don't expect them to know about any potential "normal" mode Vic might have.

If we get that back (and it never should've gone away in the first place), it'll be within his own title, we're not likely to learn about it from a variant cover for a completely different series.

Hard to tell until the book actually comes out.

If we get the same crap DC usually shoves our way, I'm out. Obviously. But the new regime has done right by Dick and Wally and I'm liking the new design for Vic, so...we'll see.
    Agreed! Waiting for DC to catch up with common sense decisions is damn near degrading, but necessary. Still though, they are making it easier to drop books that don't prop up the character best version of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Agreed! Waiting for DC to catch up with common sense decisions is damn near degrading, but necessary. Still though, they are making it easier to drop books that don't prop up the character best version of themselves.
    No "damn near" about it, in my opinion. It *is* degrading, insulting to the character, his fans, hell maybe the entire PoC and disabled communities and their allies.

We never should have been in this situation at all. As soon as computer technology began to integrate itself with our everyday life, DC should have been looking at Vic as the obvious "in" character to explore that cultural shift. As soon as bionic prosthetics started to become a thing, DC should have been looking at how to use that, with Vic again being the obvious "in" for the topic.

But DC's obsession with nostalgia and maintaining the "classic" status quo, especially under Didio and his anti-Titans bias, held Vic back for a long gods damn time. Now we gotta wait a little longer for this new book to come out, and we'll learn whether the new people in charge will do better or just make the same mistakes. Given how they've handled Dick and Wally, and how they're trying to prop up the Titans right now, I wanna be a little optimistic...but we'll see what we get.

~ Black Panther.

Niffleheim

Does Cyborg's boom tubes have a distinct colour? Or do they change depending on the artist?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I think it depends on the artist. Though it's nice they didn't retcon his boom tubes.