Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Say you are Cupid in the DCU...

You are Cupid in the DCU. You have golden arrows to inspire desire in superheroes, supervillains, and regular folk. You also have lead arrows to inspire aversion in them.

So which couples do you form and which couples do you dissolve?

BANNED

For example...

Golden arrow: Power Girl and Blue Beetle II

Yang and yin. Tech mogul and tech genius. JLE and JLA.

While the Silver Age Dan Garrett had his super-scarab powers, Ted Kord has more in common with Dan's Golden Age version, so I'd have him join Karen in the JSA.

Golden arrow: Kyle Rayner and Terry Berg

Kyle's never had much luck with the ladies, and maybe there's a deeper reason for that. Sure, he rebuffed Terry in the past, but maybe that was just him denying his true self.

Lead arrow: Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn

I could see it in the Timm 'verse while Ivy and Quinn were both portrayed as non-meta women with mental issues who could gravitate toward each other. In the comic books, I think it's been one overindulged slash fic that hasn't done Ivy as much good as help keep Harley's stock from getting staler.

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    You are Cupid in the DCU. You have golden arrows to inspire desire in superheroes, supervillains, and regular folk. You also have lead arrows to inspire aversion in them.

So which couples do you form and which couples do you dissolve?
    I would form Vixen and Mr. Terrific as great first friends first, then as a couple. Nature/magic + science/technology...Mr. Terrific being an atheist and Vixen getting her powers from an African god would be an interesting dynamic, I think.

I also have this fan fiction idea that since they are both rich, they both appear as guest "sharks" on Shark Tank from time to time and help fund the business ventures of some up-and-coming entrepreneurs.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 02-03-2023 at 05:19 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Golden arrows for:

Golden arrow: Tim and Steph (he’s bi, plus he shouldn’t have treated Steph like he did)
    Golden arrow: Traci 13 and Natasha Irons (technically we don’t know if they broke up, but I like them together)
    Golden arrow: Mary Marvel and Malik (it could be fun having Mary show Malik the ropes and would integrate him further into the family)
    Golden arrow: John Stewart and Katma Tui

Lead arrow: Zatanna and Constantine (total disservice to Z’s character)
    Lead arrow: WW and Steve Trevor (he’s just boring to me. Siegfried provides a much more interesting dynamic)
    Lead arrow: Hal and Carol Ferris (after reading classic comics… this one is just toxic)
    Lead arrow: Carter Hall and Kendra Saunders (now that Shayera is back, I’d rather keep Kendra well separated from the drama)

Fantastic Member

Ok. I'm cheating now. I'm going to include one Marvel character:
    Golden Arrow: Tim Drake and Jubilee (They were so cute together in DC:Access)
    Golden Arrow: Kater Hol & Shayera
    Golden Arrow: 70's Batman & 60's Catwoman
    Golden Arrow: Dick Grayson, Bette Kane, Lori (something from the 70's, Kory, Barbara Gordon, and everyone else that Dick dated). Would love to see a fun story where all of Dick's old and current girlfriends get together to have some fun with him).

Lead Arrow: Carter Hall and Kendra Saunders

Can't think of anyone else right now.

--jthree

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Lead arrow: Zatanna and Constantine (total disservice to Z’s character)

Lead arrow: Carter Hall and Kendra Saunders (now that Shayera is back, I’d rather keep Kendra well separated from the drama)
    ^^^Good choices!
    I’ve never bought the Z&C relationship. It was cringy enough as a one time thing; mistakes happen.

Kendra’s a great character, and I’m glad she wasn’t unceremoniously killed off just to reestablish the status quo.

Extraordinary Member

I know I've watched too many soap operas, but...

...I've always wanted Hal and Dinah to have a thing. And it would be so fun to watch the fallout with Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post

...I've always wanted Hal and Dinah to have a thing. And it would be so fun to watch the fallout with Oliver.
    ^^^Daaaaamn, that’d be stickier than Vision/Wanda/Wonderman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I would form Vixen and Mr. Terrific as great first friends first, then as a couple. Nature/magic + science/technology...Mr. Terrific being an atheist and Vixen getting her powers from an African god would be an interesting dynamic, I think.
    Maybe Mari can make an agnostic out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Kendra’s a great character, and I’m glad she wasn’t unceremoniously killed off just to reestablish the status quo.
    Is Hawkman/Hawkwoman back on again? Pre-52, I did like the possibility of Kendra and Sand. When it was Hawkman/Hawkgirl, I think DC missed the boat in not hooking up John Stewart with Hawkwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post

The sparks would fly.

Astonishing Member

Lead arrow:
    Lois and Clark Nothing against the pairing but they have been stamped as soulmates for so long with little being done to show why this is, Some time apart with neither missing the other would be nice,

Golden:
    Jade and Hank King Jr
    -

Lead Arrow - Tim Drake and Bernard (?)
    Golden Arrow - Tim Drake and Tamara Fox

Golden Arrow-
    Clark and Lois-Always like it. Outside of a certain couple of arcs that is.
    Jason Todd and Artemis Grace- Okay, normally I agree with no trinity pairings, but this one is pretty good.
    Lobo and Harley Quinn- This way, both go and crazy and wacky adventures, both are more morally grey than most, and Harley won't be dragging Ivy down anymore.

Lead Arrow-
    Tim and Bernard- Normally I leave these things alone, but after what happened with Steph, and the way Tim's story has been written, Bernard has been a detriment more than anything.

Lead Arrow;
    Superman and Wonder Woman
    Batman and Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Any Legion of Super Hero Love out there? Remember any pairings that could stand some arrows?

Gold Arrow: Everyone's going to hate this. But I'd like to add Batman & Poison Ivy. I know Bruce has too many girlfriends, but I'd like to see Ivy back in her pre-violent human hating ways, when she had a simple crush on the Caped Crusader. Yes. I know there's Selina, but she's just not what she used to be. I miss the sixties.
    --jthree