Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I'm curious as to why they combined the Phallanx Dominion thing with Sinister and his chimera plot points, I wonder if Sinister's actions attract the Dominion sooner and causes the "Fall of X"
    As I understand it they aren’t combined. The Phalanx story kicks off (demonstrates) a race among tech, mutants, and humans to reach Dominion status (aka omniscient). Sinister seems to be disrupting the mutants attempt with his Moira clones. He is using them to fast-track his accumulation of knowledge until he reaches that critical mass and transcends.

I could be reading that all wrong
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 01-26-2023 at 11:56 AM.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

It was fun being wrong about everything.

Why does this fall into despotism suit the X-brand so well? I feel happier reading about them being utter monsters than I do reading about their boring feats of positivity and heroism. They finally feel relatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but this sounds like a blunt force way to give Hope any kind of meaning after she has long served her original purpose, hence the decline into bits parts ever since AvX.

Also raises some interesting problem any kind of adaptations will have with her. She was entirely created around the Decimination status quo which is so theme breaking bad for the X-men Franchise that i'm highly doubtfull it will ever make it to cartoons or movies. As result Hope will never have her original purpose in those, meaning if anyone wants to introduce her to a wider audience it will have to happen under a quite different context.

But without said context her "messiah" role will never have the same meaning, impact or even point.
    Hope was always stated to be unique and integral to the Resurrection process. Synch and other were mentioned as possible standins for the Five members except for Hope. Gillen just reinforced that in this story and showed us why that was the case. That data page that Beast wrote expounded on it too. It make sense. If her omega power is power manipulation than no one should be able to capable of the unique feats that she can do, including synchronizing the powers to make the resurrections perfect

I honestly thought Cortez and Cora would be better stand-ins than Synch, though. Maybe using the three would work better.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    In the issue, Sinister explained why he had to kill off Hope.

Essentially, resurrection was always compromised since Sinister's gene banks were always tampered with. Hope fixed the tampering every resurrection without realizing it. So nobody was compromised after resurrection.

Once Hope was killed, and they resurrected Prof X, Emma, Exodus, and Hope without using Hope as one of the Five, then those 4 were the first where the tampering was allowed to occur without being corrected.

From then on, every resurrection has the tampering remain, unfixed.
    Yes, could it be that this is happening since Hickman? that the x-men have been compromised for long time. Maybe that's the reason why Hank has been doing all these crazy things in x-factor and no x-men stopped him. That's just me trying to guess

Astonishing Member

I'm not trying to be mean here, but I'm really bemused by how many people keep trying to make 'the X-Men have been compromised since House of X' work when this issue couldn't have been more explicit - with Sinister himself saying it - that he needed to compromise Hope before any of the others could actually be corrupted/tampered with during resurrection. Any resurrections pre-Hope's death have no trace of Sinister's genetic tampering - not even something Sinister could hack into later - b/c Sinister said in no uncertain terms that Hope's power wiped away his tampering during each of the resurrections and cleansed the DNA they were using, purging his potential influence.

Any and all tampering Sinister did to the DNA in his database was rendered irrelevant UNTIL Hope had been resurrected without that part of her powerset, the X-factor of it, being part of the resurrection process to cleanse any genetic tampering. No death or resurrection before that point left anyone Sinisterized. Only the deaths and resurrections that came afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I'm not trying to be mean here, but I'm really bemused by how many people keep trying to make 'the X-Men have been compromised since House of X' work when this issue couldn't have been more explicit - with Sinister himself saying it - that he needed to compromise Hope before any of the others could actually be corrupted/tampered with during resurrection. Any resurrections pre-Hope's death have no trace of Sinister's genetic tampering - not even something Sinister could hack into later - b/c Sinister said in no uncertain terms that Hope's power wiped away his tampering during each of the resurrections and cleansed the DNA they were using, purging his potential influence.

Any and all tampering Sinister did to the DNA in his database was rendered irrelevant UNTIL Hope had been resurrected without that part of her powerset, the X-factor of it, being part of the resurrection process to cleanse any genetic tampering. No death or resurrection before that point left anyone Sinisterized. Only the deaths and resurrections that came afterwards.

Def not mean, I totally agree.

Yup. It's why Destiny and Mystique hightailed it out of there right away because if they were killed and resurrected, they'd be part of the red diamond league.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I honestly thought Cortez and Cora would be better stand-ins than Synch, though. Maybe using the three would work better.
    Those characters amplify powers. Hope does more than that; she allows them to be used in perfect unison. Beast's data page implied that other mutants have been attempted to be used as standins for Hope but the results were always disastrous. I dont know much about Kora but Cortez doesnt have the fine tune control that Hope has. The only reason why Synch was even used here was bc he was mimicking Hope's powers but even that wasnt perfect hence the corruption

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Compromised since House of X?! That explains why Hank has been so out of character! It explains EVERYTHING!

Hank: Y-yeah! Yeah! Everything...

Spectacular Member

Well, not everybody has read the SoS, it is totally normal that we are asking out of curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Those characters amplify powers. Hope does more than that; she allows them to be used in perfect unison. Beast's data page implied that other mutants have been attempted to be used as standins for Hope but the results were always disastrous. I dont know much about Kora but Cortez doesnt have the fine tune control that Hope has. The only reason why Synch was even used here was bc he was mimicking Hope's powers but even that wasnt perfect hence the corruption
    Ah yes that's true. I forgot Synch could copy absent people now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Ah yes that's true. I forgot Synch could copy absent people now.
    He was standing over her husk, so I assumed he was synching to that

4EA1996B-A142-4789-AFF5-102DD2789352.jpg

Cyclops and Wolverines Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    4EA1996B-A142-4789-AFF5-102DD2789352.jpg

Cyclops and Wolverines Chimera
    Wow somehow when reading the issue I didn't notice the knuckle blasts. Pretty cool Chimera I would have to say.