Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    So much for "Kieron Gillen hates Storm and will never use her in any substantive capacity." I can't believe the stans could mislead me so.
    She truly is the MVP here like you said, the keystone to the resistance. I can’t wait to see the Storm System being created, perhaps an alliance with other galactic empires resisting the red diamonds. “Very well. War.”
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

so why do the rest of the X-Men need so many years to figure out something is horribly wrong? (Storm isn't usually so slow)

Can you really fool a telepath like Jean or is she already corrupted?

The event so far from what I read here feels very Westworld inspired. Guess, Gillen is a fan.
    Last edited by Exodus; 01-25-2023 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    ...or it is his response to the online comments.
    It's very unfortunate that sometimes bullying works. Very unfortunate indeed. Let's hope for a future where that isnt necessary.
    IMG_20230123_222043.jpg
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    It's very unfortunate that sometimes bullying works. Very unfortunate indeed. Let's hope for a future where that isnt necessary.
    is it bullying already to articulate that you do not like a depiction of a character? But I haven't followed any of the discussions about it....maybe he simply agreed that he never gave Storm the attention she deserves in his former books?

so why do the rest of the X-Men need so many years to figure out something is horribly wrong? (Storm isn't usually so slow)

Well that is one plot hole.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Damn! Jbenito you don't play with these Reviews. LOL.

Anyway, this was VERY Good. Honestly, i'm shocked I really had low expectations, but this first issue really blew me away.

I LOVE how Krakoa fabricated a Lie about Orchis killing Krakoa stopping Humans form achieving Resurrections. Giving them a reason to attack Orchis and EVERYONE hating them. GENUIS IDEA...evil, but great idea.

LOL Nobody escapes Storm's "I call Bullshit" Radar. Storm's involvement and her strategic escape while knocking out the WHOLE Council was ABSOUTELY Beautiful. I have not been a Fan of Kieron Gillen when he writes Storm, but I must say he's surprised me.

Poor Wanda :-( Poor Kurt :-( And i'm more curious about Sebastian Shaw becoming King of Hell where's THAT BOOK????

Well that is one plot hole.
    Gillen's writing has put some emphasis on how extremely powerful Jean Grey really is lately (sometimes even from Sinister's point of view). I doubt he has just forgotten about her?!

But I find it quite plothole-y that nobody realizes before that Hope or Emma or Xavier feel really off. The time-frame should have been shorter.

It seems things didn’t become so egregious until after Storm confronted the council. She was part of the force that took Orchis down and I guess if you hear that Captain America has killed the US president, you’re onboard with the X-Men taking him down. Plus in my mind I think Xavier, Emma etc. were quelling dissent telepathically on a minor, less intrusive scale.

I have to assume that Jean was compromised because I can’t see her not figuring out something was wrong.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

is it bullying already to articulate that you do not like a depiction of a character? But I haven't followed any of the discussions about it....
    Nope not at all, but apparently it is to some people so according to them storm stans bullied Gillen to doing better when writing her. I sincierly really hope this energy is what we get for issue 11 of immortal because if storm is truly going to be affected by the sos event moving forward there will soo much emotional stuff to work with. Gillen has been belting how much emotional issue 11 is so I guess we will see.

But the issue was fun. It was campy and it was raunchy... and my God even as a wanda fan I chuckled at the no more wanda scene. Great stuff. Even without my bias for storm she seems to be the most interesting factor going forward the rest are also good but it's just how he sets up storm that makes it very chefs kiss. Loved seeing her work with lactuca and her teaming up with the wives should be a treat as they have done so before.

My biggest question is why it took them so long to kill Cypher to prevent him from spying. Wouldn't he have been able to spy on them since the beginning, and tell people about it? Xavier and co. were flashing their diamonds to each other immediately after Sinister went into the Pit.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Damn! Jbenito you don't play with these Reviews. LOL.

Anyway, this was VERY Good. Honestly, i'm shocked I really had low expectations, but this first issue really blew me away.

I LOVE how Krakoa fabricated a Lie about Orchis killing Krakoa stopping Humans form achieving Resurrections. Giving them a reason to attack Orchis and EVERYONE hating them. GENUIS IDEA...evil, but great idea.

LOL Nobody escapes Storm's "I call Bullshit" Radar. Storm's involvement and her strategic escape while knocking out the WHOLE Council was ABSOUTELY Beautiful. I have not been a Fan of Kieron Gillen when he writes Storm, but I must say he's surprised me.

Poor Wanda :-( Poor Kurt :-( And i'm more curious about Sebastian Shaw becoming King of Hell where's THAT BOOK????
    Yeah they almost made me feel bad for orchis, Almost... I still laughed at their destruction but still almost

Gillen's writing has put some emphasis on how extremely powerful Jean Grey really is lately (sometimes even from Sinister's point of view). I doubt he has just forgotten about her?!

But I find it quite plothole-y that nobody realizes before that Hope or Emma or Xavier feel really off. The time-frame should have been shorter.
    I honestly dont know how plans for that. Likely he will follow up on it in immoral as the xmen will be featured there.

Yeah they almost made me feel bad for orchis, Almost... I still laughed at their destruction but still almost
    Orchis is a JOKE to me.

This is what the 3rd time now maybe more that Orchis is shown to be less a threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I have to assume that Jean was compromised because I can’t see her not figuring out something was wrong.
    Didn't Sinister say his plan started as early as HOX? Then it makes sense for Jean Grey to have already been compromised.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The event so far from what I read here feels very Westworld inspired. Guess, Gillen is a fan.
    Honestly, you have to assume that some of the smart ones probably died off-screen in their random Orchis skirmishes and came back corrupted. Like Namor? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Didn't Sinister say his plan started as early as HOX? Then it makes sense for Jean Grey to have already been compromised.
    I don't have the issue yet but Jbenito's review implies that Essex needed Hope dead and corrupted first for the infection to work on others.
    "Cable was right!"