Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Perhaps the juiciest question of all. Storm/Destiny would be my first theory but maybe one of the other 3 Sinister's took them.
    That's what I'm thinking. My bet is on the Sinister of Hearts / MR as she's the one who's slated to cause a lot of ruckus much later on.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I think it was the Sinister-fied Quiet Council who stole the lab, anyone else discovering the Moira clones would have just killed them and reset the timeline. The only exception is maybe Destiny would have plotted to keep them alive if she saw a compelling enough reason in the future to do so, but I can't think of what that would be.
    This brings to mind one of the repeated themes of the event's promotion, that this dream of Sinister's turns out to be his worst nightmare. Perhaps Destiny foresees the only way to truly defeat him is if he fully experiences his plans come to life.

If she does have the clones it's also possible they'll be stolen from her as well.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That's what I'm thinking. My bet is on the Sinister of Hearts / MR as she's the one who's slated to cause a lot of ruckus much later on.
    Ah yes, the solicit for one of the future issues alludes to her making some big moves. I like this.

I wonder if the "we must be on the same side" repetition from Immortal is alluding to Destiny needing Sinister to see that he actually needs to team up with Destiny/Storm/Mystique and give them the full data of what happened in this timeline when he resets it or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I think it was the Sinister-fied Quiet Council who stole the lab, anyone else discovering the Moira clones would have just killed them and reset the timeline. The only exception is maybe Destiny would have plotted to keep them alive if she saw a compelling enough reason in the future to do so, but I can't think of what that would be.
    Hm, I'm not so sure -- if you just reset the timeline, what assurance do you have that anything is going to go differently when only Sinister learns from the experience?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I just remembered there was that image from the SoS trailer of Exodus sitting before some kind of clone farm, that could be the Moiras?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Ah yes, the solicit for one of the future issues alludes to her making some big moves. I like this.
    Against my initial resolve, I am invested...if only for the resolution. And what happens when the timeline is reset, and how.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Hm, I'm not so sure -- if you just reset the timeline, what assurance do you have that anything is going to go differently when only Sinister learns from the experience?
    This is a bit of a reach as I don't think its where they're going, but the thing about turning the Waiting Room from a mutant paradise into a mutant hell COULD have big impacts on the post Sins of Sinister era. We know so little about how the Waiting Room works that it'd be fairly easy to build on that line that said Wanda's spell 'reached through TIME and space'.....so that the Waiting Room COULD potentially have a nonlinear relationship with time.

So, say, even after the timeline resets, mutant souls in the Waiting Room could retain some awareness (and even trauma) from the Waiting Room's time as a mutant hell, by virtue of being an extradimensional pocket of the astral plane, where thought reigns even over normal space/time physics. So the timeline resets, nobody remembers but a few characters who maybe found a way to preserve their memories or get one of Sinister's 'infodumps from the future' when a Moira clone resets....

But then, if and when they resume resurrection with more safeguards in place.....mutant souls NOW returning from the Waiting Room DO have memories of the corrupted timeline from their perspective. Which could radically shake-up the mutant view of resurrection without requiring discontinuing it entirely, at least not yet (and I don't think they're quite ready to get rid of resurrection as a concept - I mean, extending resurrection to humanity via the Phoenix Foundation was a key part of the solution to Gillen's own event, Judgment Day, and I don't see him using his very next event to then turn around and get rid of the whole resurrection concept).

BUT....if souls in the Waiting Room DO retain some awareness of the corrupted timeline or the WR's time being twisted into a mutant hell.....mutants would be a LOT more wary of dying in the future, because yes, they might be able to still come back via resurrection, but now they'd have a visceral awareness of how the place they go to while waiting for that - and where they don't have much or any power to affect things - could be turned from a refuge into a torment, without them being able to do too much about it themselves.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Storm was unleashed and babies this is just the beginning...
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I enjoyed IMX 10 better, but this was a great continuation. Sinister is finally feels like a major threat. Storm is shaping up to be the focus of "hero" side. I enjoyed her meeting up with Mystique and Destiny. Good times to be an X-Fan again.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Against my initial resolve, I am invested...if only for the resolution. And what happens when the timeline is reset, and how.
    Yeah the mysteries of who has the clones and who will use them, and for what stated reasons, are very good.

So could the Storm System allude to a Storm Dominion ? A galactic civilization all in communion creating a singular godlike entity ?

I am of the opinion that Jean would be one of the first to targeted after Forge and the rest of the Council.

X Deaths if Wolverine makes clear she would be a number one target in a dystopian future.

Not only that, but Charles alone is fully capable of hiding different truths from Jean, even while not being as powerful as her. Emma Frost, Exodus, and Sinister himself all have feats on par with Charles Xavier to put them moderately near his level. Below him and Jean, but still close enough.

Add Hope Summers amped by Exodus’s faith based powers, and I would be more than surprised if Jean would notice anything. Even with her omega level telepathy.

It’s more than reasonable to assume the Council hid their true nature psychically from Jean and took her out as soon as possible to take her off the board.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    So could the Storm System allude to a Storm Dominion ? A galactic civilization all in communion creating a singular godlike entity ?

yes that what it seems like it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    I am of the opinion that Jean would be one of the first to targeted after Forge and the rest of the Council.

X Deaths if Wolverine makes clear she would be a number one target in a dystopian future.

Not only that, but Charles alone is fully capable of hiding different truths from Jean, even while not being as powerful as her. Emma Frost, Exodus, and Sinister himself all have feats on par with Charles Xavier to put them moderately near his level. Below him and Jean, but still close enough.

Add Hope Summers amped by Exodus’s faith based powers, and I would be more than surprised if Jean would notice anything. Even with her omega level telepathy.

It’s more than reasonable to assume the Council hid their true nature psychically from Jean and took her out as soon as possible to take her off the board.
    is there any idea what happened to Jean at this point or guesses?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!