Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    So could the Storm System allude to a Storm Dominion ? A galactic civilization all in communion creating a singular godlike entity ?
    Now wait... you could be unto something. Because the last issues seem to be intent on stating that storm really is the last hope maybe storm as we know her undergoes radical change. Who we know as storm well isnt storm.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes that what it seems like it may be.

is there any idea what happened to Jean at this point or guesses?
    Only that she was among the X-Men shown to be a target as he explains his plan. It’s not known at what point he was planning to target her.

It is not seen on panel, but I am presuming she is already turned. It’s odd that she was not shown explicitly being taken out, but it might not just be important to the overall narrative.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    I am of the opinion that Jean would be one of the first to targeted after Forge and the rest of the Council.

X Deaths if Wolverine makes clear she would be a number one target in a dystopian future.

Not only that, but Charles alone is fully capable of hiding different truths from Jean, even while not being as powerful as her. Emma Frost, Exodus, and Sinister himself all have feats on par with Charles Xavier to put them moderately near his level. Below him and Jean, but still close enough.

Add Hope Summers amped by Exodus’s faith based powers, and I would be more than surprised if Jean would notice anything. Even with her omega level telepathy.

It’s more than reasonable to assume the Council hid their true nature psychically from Jean and took her out as soon as possible to take her off the board.
    I agree that Jean has been taken off the board. If only because I'm certain Cyclops has already been taken off the board, as well. Between suggestion Captain America take the X-gene and the scene of him taking down the rogue Avengers, it pulls my suspension of disbelief too much that he wasn't manipulated. With Scott being Sinister-ized, Jean would have absolutely had to figure something out by then. They have a telepathic rapport.

Also, with the Avengers going nuts, surely she would have used her telepathy then to figure out something was off, right? Captain America killing the president and taking his place? The other Avengers going nuts? I can buy one, but not all without someone being suspicious.

Astonishing Member

So could the Storm System allude to a Storm Dominion ? A galactic civilization all in communion creating a singular godlike entity ?
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes that what it seems like it may be.

is there any idea what happened to Jean at this point or guesses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Now wait... you could be unto something. Because the last issues seem to be intent on stating that storm really is the last hope maybe storm as we know her undergoes radical change. Who we know as storm well isnt storm.
    I mean, I read the Sinister data-page feeling it literally confirmed a long-running theory I've had about how most of the omegas, if not all, could eventually become Dominions on their own, and the storyline with Bobby and Sinister in Sina Grace's Iceman run seeded the potential for Sinister to realize this about Bobby, which is why I immediately swerved and am like I am HOPING that the writers leave him out of this entirely and don't think along the same lines, because I don't actually want to see the story where Sinister tries to use a Sinister Iceman to speedrun his way into making a mutant Dominion. And of course, him being my fave, I'm just naturally predisposed towards seeing the potential with his character first, but the implications extend to other characters.

So like, the ideas and groundwork are there, so I do think this could be something Gillen, Ewing and company are building towards with the Storm System, centered around Ororo.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Only that she was among the X-Men shown to be a target as he explains his plan. It’s not known at what point he was planning to target her.

It is not seen on panel, but I am presuming she is already turned. It’s odd that she was not shown explicitly being taken out, but it might not just be important to the overall narrative.
    ok this makes sense thank you!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

This is very interesting. Huh...

Right, there's that scene where Sinister is looking at the image of the X-Men. Xavier and Hope are in the middle with Jean and Scott right next to them, which tells me she was a very early target.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

My guess is she will not be important, at least in Gillen's books, since he just put so much of a spotlight on her in A.X.E.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I mean, I read the Sinister data-page feeling it literally confirmed a long-running theory I've had about how most of the omegas, if not all, could eventually become Dominions on their own, and the storyline with Bobby and Sinister in Sina Grace's Iceman run seeded the potential for Sinister to realize this about Bobby, which is why I immediately swerved and am like I am HOPING that the writers leave him out of this entirely and don't think along the same lines, because I don't actually want to see the story where Sinister tries to use a Sinister Iceman to speedrun his way into making a mutant Dominion. And of course, him being my fave, I'm just naturally predisposed towards seeing the potential with his character first, but the implications extend to other characters.

So like, the ideas and groundwork are there, so I do think this could be something Gillen, Ewing and company are building towards with the Storm System, centered around Ororo.
    Ah yeah, that could work.

My Storm Dominion guess is also fueled by that cover where we see "Goddess Storm" rise from a sea of people.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    I agree that Jean has been taken off the board. If only because I'm certain Cyclops has already been taken off the board, as well. Between suggestion Captain America take the X-gene and the scene of him taking down the rogue Avengers, it pulls my suspension of disbelief too much that he wasn't manipulated. With Scott being Sinister-ized, Jean would have absolutely had to figure something out by then. They have a telepathic rapport.

Also, with the Avengers going nuts, surely she would have used her telepathy then to figure out something was off, right? Captain America killing the president and taking his place? The other Avengers going nuts? I can buy one, but not all without someone being suspicious.
    Have Jean and Scott been confirmed to still have their connection after their respective resurrections?

Incredible Member

Mother Righteous has stolen the lab and the Moiras. She's also managed to use Nightcrawler's DNA somehow, and those hybrids she's created from that are being trained by Banshee/Spirit of variance/Vox Ignis for an assault on Sinister. Of course she's the Sinister of Hearts too.

Astonishing Member

Ah yeah, that could work.

My Storm Dominion guess is also fueled by that cover where we see "Goddess Storm" rise from a sea of people.
    Yeah, I could definitely see that imagery being her as a mutant version of one of the machine Dominion Titans shown in the future timelines.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Have Jean and Scott been confirmed to still have their connection after their respective resurrections?
    I don't think it's confirmed, but they have a strong bond. At any rate, they're living together and talk telepathically often. I would assume Jean would have picked up something at some point.

Many of the players who were first infected tend to be more isolated. Xavier lives alone. Emma lives alone. She may or may not also be seeing Scott, but he's not a telepath. Hope is with the Five, but could obfuscate. It's implied Cable, the one person who I'd trust most likely to find out something is wrong, is Sinister-ized. And for all we know, he could have been taken out by her.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Mother Righteous has stolen the lab and the Moiras. She's also managed to use Nightcrawler's DNA somehow, and those hybrids she's created from that are being trained by Banshee/Spirit of variance/Vox Ignis for an assault on Sinister. Of course she's the Sinister of Hearts too.
    There’s a Kurt cadaver floating around somewhere, if I recall, someone found it after he ‘ported the Martian moon back into orbit, back in Way of X. I’m wondering if they use its DNA as they can’t use the living Kurt’s due to Margali’s spell?

Striking while the iron is hot.

X-Men Monday Call for Questions: Kieron Gillen for ‘Sins of Sinister #1’
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/01/25/x-...sins-sinister/

Accepting Questions About: Sins of Sinister #1, Sins of Sinister in general

Deadline: Saturday, January 28 @ 5 PM EST
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Where are Iceman, Rogue, Archangel, Gambit, Askani, Bishop?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================