Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Death and its revolving doors

There is a thread at the X-Men forum about their system of industrialized resurrections. But then I thought, why don't we take a step back and talk about all the myriad ways characters can come back from the dead in the Marvel universe? And we do not mean excuses where a character was not really dead after all (his healing powers saved him, the scene was faked, it was someone else who died, etc), this is for characters who 100% kicked the bucket.

Some ways to do this, just the ones I remember right now.

* As said, the Krakoan way
    * The Hand's resurrection spell (e.g. Punisher's wife)
    * The "Green Door" (e.g. Hulk and other gamma-mutated)
    * Take him from the past before death and bring him to the present (e.g. Scott Lang)
    * Magically rescue him from the afterlife (e.g. Wonder Man)
    * Death herself lets him go (e.g. Dr. Strange)
    ** Same for Hela, in the case of Asgardians
    * Reality warping (e.g. half the universe)

During Waid's F4 Ben got killed so the rest of the team went to the afterlife to save him and then they are all sent back to the land of the living by the almighty creator in the form of Jack Kirby.

BANNED

I don't consider the Krakoan way to be a revolving door because it's like current "Natasha Romanoff" who is just a clone of the original who was killed in whatever big event. A clone is not a resurrection because the original character is dead and gone with a clean-slate copy in their place.

Last edited by bat22; 01-25-2023 at 05:15 PM.

There's infinite ways to come back from the dead, it just depends on what way the writer wants to use currently. I'm sure if they thought having a character punch the afterlife so hard they come back to life was a good idea, they would do it.

BANNED

I'm starting to hate the X-Men's Resurrection Protocols...

BANNED

Exactly how was Steve Rogers (a Baseline Human) and, his shield brought back using the X-Men's Resurrection Protocols?

No, wait How did Cerebro even record his mental engrams when it's specifically keyed for those born with an X-Gene?
    Last edited by Micabe; 01-25-2023 at 12:55 PM.

So another way to come back from the dead is to get cloned and then have everyone pretend that you're the original?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exuin View Post
    So another way to come back from the dead is to get cloned and then have everyone pretend that you're the original?

Slightly off topic: Using canonical facts from the pages (please make your case by citing titles and issues), who holds the murder, death, kill record within the Earth-616 timeline? Humans on Mutants, Mutants on Humans, Extraterrestrial on Terrestrials, or Terrestrials on Extraterrestrial?
    Last edited by Micabe; 01-25-2023 at 01:46 PM.

Sorry, are you laughing in agreement or disagreement?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    I don't consider the Krakoan way to be a revolving door because it's like current "Natasha Romanoff" who is just a clone of the original who was killed in whatever big event. A clone is not a resurrection because the original character is dead and gone with a clean-slate copy in their place.
    I would say that Natasha coming back as a clone like that at least makes more sense than some of the others.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Slightly off topic: Using canonical facts from the pages (please make your case by citing titles and issues), who holds the murder, death, kill record within the Earth-616 timeline? Humans on Mutants, Mutants on Humans, Extraterrestrial on Terrestrials, or Terrestrials on Extraterrestrial?
    Infinity Gauntlet: Thanos killed half the universe.

It would be interesting if She-Hulk had to deal with a trial over that. Someone can say: it was attempted murder, because everybody eventually lived again. Someone else can say: it is murder, he killed those people and they actually 100% died. And it was because of someone else that they came back to life, someone else that Thanos was fighting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I would say that Natasha coming back as a clone like that at least makes more sense than some of the others.
    It's about as bad IMO, not helped by the original's lame death. Unless, retroactively speaking, the original was replaced pre-forgettable big event by a clone, and spirited away to create a new batch of clones; so that the current Widow is actually the original who thinks she's a clone.

Or we keep pretending like Landfill II.

Waiting for all the clone stuff to be revealed as the jackals big plan for world domination

All it ever takes is just a pencil and an eraser.

Quote Originally Posted by Exuin View Post
    Sorry, are you laughing in agreement or disagreement?
    I'm guessing.... Yes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

Hehehee. I mean both make sense to me.