Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Except this series is a strong contender for not being canon or going to be referenced by another but it's own writer ever again. Plus potential really low reader numbers.

So kind of the worst place to make a big deal out of Jubilee causing micro-nuclear fusion detonations with her powers.
    It was already referenced in the Flagship book, so...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Ah good to know that we are truely in the darkest timeline.

I jest of course.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    yeah it showed the X-Terminators, so def canon

Now this issue was fun. i laughed at "Songs to hurt alex to" i appreciated the way it was worded that Allison wasn't there with these women to let their hate consume them but to have fun getting a little well deserved payback. i feel this would have been far better as a graphic novel rather than a mini. The art was vibrant and flowed well also the colors were good. Really think this would have landed better as a graphic novel with all the material rather than a monthly mini.

and the scene was worth it. lol.jubilation.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

We need this team back ASAP! Great issue and a fantastic showing from Jubilee with the Magik assist. Also great to see Ali get to let loose a little as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Except this series is a strong contender for not being canon or going to be referenced by another but it's own writer ever again. Plus potential really low reader numbers = low awareness anything here ever happend.
    From what I've seen of this book...I really hope this is the case.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

1.) Already referenced in X-Men, personnel, name, and all.

2.) A page said X-Terminators was returning.

3.) Jubilee - who has been unfairly derided for years as one of the weakest X-Men - just flew up and to an opponent (who made the Avengers work) and set off a nuclear explosion in his face.

4.) She took out his ship and prized collection.

5.) Sales or not, Marvel is eating up all the insane attention this book is getting.

There is absolutely NO WAY the cat is going back in the bag. I'm not saying the events in this book will necessarily be a driver of major X-Men or Marvel storylines and crossovers, but it's not getting retconned out and ignored.

If they made Excalibur - who basically wasted Rogue, Gambit, and Jubilee - work, they can make this one work.

So I’m just guessing that they just replaced Laura’s newly grown claws with the claws from her old hand like they used to and that now she has an adamantium skeleton sans one hand seeing as she was rocking bone claws in her right hand in this issue. Also, how old are the new X-Men these days? Laura is at this point at least 21 yet the others seem to be eternally teenagers despite having been around Laura’s age when she first showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So I’m just guessing that they just replaced Laura’s newly grown claws with the claws from her old hand like they used to and that now she has an adamantium skeleton sans one hand seeing as she was rocking bone claws in her right hand in this issue. Also, how old are the new X-Men these days? Laura is at this point at least 21 yet the others seem to be eternally teenagers despite having been around Laura’s age when she first showed up.
    Now that you mention it, it's pretty funny how Anole is considered Gabby's peer, despite being Laura's peer about 10 years ago. Even if we assume he's a couple of years younger than Laura (though we know he's not the youngest of the generation), it's still weird.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Now that you mention it, it's pretty funny how Anole is considered Gabby's peer, despite being Laura's peer about 10 years ago. Even if we assume he's a couple of years younger than Laura (though we know he's not the youngest of the generation), it's still weird.
    Same thing with Martha. She was a student long before Laura showed up yet has also been lumped into Gabby’s group. Hell, I’m pretty sure Anole graduated at least twice yet somehow keeps ending up as a student again.

I love Jubilee and Dazzler as characters, I love Carlos Gómez’s art, but i absolutely hated the dialogue in this book. Peach emoji’s to describe butts, characters teasingly calling each other bitches and sluts, teasing each other about how big Boom Boom’s breast and Dazzler’s butt are, etc. who talks likes this? They all came off as a bunch of horny teenage girls just hitting puberty instead of superheroes. You can still write a humorous book/story without being juvenile. I’m sorry, it wasn’t for me.

The characters and the art had me coming back for each issue, the dialogue made me regret that I did after every issue. I thought Leah Williams did a much better job writing The Amazing Mary Jane book.
    Last edited by hoth82; 02-01-2023 at 06:26 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hoth82 View Post
    I love Jubilee and Dazzler as characters, I love Carlos Gómez’s art, but i absolutely hated the dialogue in this book. Peach emoji’s to describe butts, characters teasingly calling each other bitches and sluts, teasing each other about how big Boom Boom’s breast and Dazzler’s butt are, etc. who talks likes this? They all came off as a bunch of horny teenage girls just hitting puberty instead of superheroes. You can still write a humorous book/story without being juvenile. I’m sorry, it wasn’t for me.

The characters and the art had me coming back for each issue, the dialogue made me regret that I did after every issue. I thought Leah Williams did a much better job writing The Amazing Mary Jane book.
    I'm a guy and I've heard a LOT of adult women talk to each other like that.

Loved the book, loved the dialogue. I have six sisters and lots of female friends, plus a wife... so, yeah, I've heard adult women talk to each other like that too. Quite a bit!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I am a woman, and yeah, we sometimes do talk like that. When we hit bars, get a bit drunk, or simply feel comfortable around each other. I thought it was normal that the better friends you are with someone the more you funny-insult them.

I love how Laura tried to fit in and failed feeling grossed out. Been there, done that xD

Late to the game, but I just read the entire mini right now and LOVED IT.

So glad it's gonna return eventually. Leah's writing really shines here (like it did in her Age of X-Man mini) and the art was the perfect match.