Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Agree with the view that it was DC's attempt to emulate Marvel's Ultimate Universe... recreating all their top properties in a modern perspective, without holding on to any dated ideas.
    My faves were Superman and Wonder Woman, Batman and GL were ok, Titans probably my least favorite. IMO the problem with Titans was they were trying too hard to separate it from the ideas of sidekicks and a not-yet-formed Earth One JLA.

I think the biggest roadblocks at this point are that they've already done the big 3, meaning any future new OGNs would focus on characters that DON'T sell as well.
    Second, as mentioned above, the publishing frequency is problematic for generating any interest. When the titles only come out every 6 mos. to a year...they completely fall off the radar.
    I honestly never even noticed GL book two came out. Never thought to look for it.

If DC wanted to keep these properties going, and I'm not convinced they do, I think they'd need to increase the frequency and launch something big, like a JLA title that finally brings them together.
    Could also be good material for a E0 JLA/E1 JLA crossover.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm hoping an imprint focused on the Multiverse takes its place.

Give me the Earth 6 imprint based on Stan Lee's take.
    I’d be down for a book that rotates through the multiverse. 4 issues on on this world 4 on another. Or even dedicate 12 to one world 12 to another

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The only reason I can think of that anyone would have any reason to take it up would be if the original creators wanted to do another one. JMS has shown no interest in doing another Superman book.
    Probably Johns might do another one because he's still kicking at DC. Lemire moved over to creator owned stuff so it's up in the air. Manapul's Aquaman would be interesting to see. I didn't mind the Green Lantern one and it's the most bold so far.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    I’d be down for a book that rotates through the multiverse. 4 issues on on this world 4 on another. Or even dedicate 12 to one world 12 to another
    I don't mind picking one universe and exploring it but having different writers cover a different universe each could be fun.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Probably Johns might do another one because he's still kicking at DC. Lemire moved over to creator owned stuff so it's up in the air. Manapul's Aquaman would be interesting to see. I didn't mind the Green Lantern one and it's the most bold so far.

I don't mind picking one universe and exploring it but having different writers cover a different universe each could be fun.
    No point constantly putting the multiverse under threat and then celebrating its existence if you don’t actually explore it right. Your idea of exploring Earth-6 would be neat. I bought the tales book they did for Stan some of those stories weren’t bad I’d be down to see those characters again