Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Nekra being so worried about Oya I liked that alot
    I thought that was kinda great myself. I sorta wish Nekra came out as part of the LGBTQ+ community and ends up having a crush on Oya. It could make an intresting dynamic for Oya if she turned out to be queer also, there could be a great plot point considering how religious Oya is/was.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    I thought that was kinda great myself. I sorta wish Nekra came out as part of the LGBTQ+ community and ends up having a crush on Oya. It could make an intresting dynamic for Oya if she turned out to be queer also, there could be a great plot point considering how religious Oya is/was.
    I'm not sure about that because Nekra is older I pretty sure she has an adult child. She has to be over 30 while Oya is still a teenager like 19

Ota was like 14 (Technically 12, but it was changed to 14 later) when she was introduced, though that was probably changed and she's likely around Quentin's age (17-18 at the time they were dating.) Either that, or Quentin's a bit of a creeper. But she'll always going to be a little kid to me. Nekra being a big sister vibes with me more.
    Last edited by Rift; 01-28-2023 at 06:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Ota was like 14 (Technically 12, but it was changed to 14 later) when she was introduced, though that was probably changed and she's likely around Quentin's age (17-18 at the time they were dating.) Either that, or Quentin's a bit of a creeper. But she'll always going to be a little kid to me. Nekra being a big sister vibes with me more.
    I think Quention is a bit of a creeper and Oya was definitely younger than him in WatXM. It gave freshman/ sophomore dating senior vibes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think Quention is a bit of a creeper and Oya was definitely younger than him in WatXM. It gave freshman/ sophomore dating senior vibes.
    I think its hard to figure out the real age of any mutant since the time scale got all changed. By that I mean the sliding scale used to a few real life years per 616 year. No an annual event, the Hellfire Gala, has happened twice in about two years. Thus changing the sliding scale from 3-4 real life years:1 616 year to closer to a 1:1 ratio. Or that is how I have interpreted things. Yet outside the x-titles, it seems to 3-4:1 sliding time scale is still in use. It makes everything a lot harder to guess time in 616. I personally picture Oya to be early 20s. Nekra would maybe be mid 30s. And I have seen PLENTY of relationships where one was in there 30s and another in the 20s, and my friends that fit in that category actually have MUCH better relationships and lower divorce rate then those that are same age. Of course most of them are LGBTQ+ and within the LGBTQ+ community age is not as big a deal for many of us as the straight world for a variety of reasons from smaller dating pool of out people, to shared experience of being LGBTQ+ and the hardships of it in a world full of hate, to many other reasons. Nekra has not been explored that much before this so I could easily accept if she was LGBTQ+ and honestly reminds me of MANY of my friends. In fact she also VERY much reminds me of Elvira, who is an out lesbian. Oya hasnt really dated to many, mainly Kade Kilgrave (and that was so she could find out who shot Broo) so her sexuality could easily be revealed to be bi (and honestly would be a good reflection to her powers of heat and ice). I think it would also be a chance to make commentary through the story about real world issues, including many religions (including Catholic which is how Oya was brought up) are very homo/trans-phobic. Now weather or not they get together would be a whole other story, but even crushing and never dating/hooking up would open up a world of possibilities to further explore the characters.

Nekra's bisexuality was established in Spiderwoman vol1, where she tried to kill Spiderwoman because of the effect Jessica's pheromones had on her.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Nekra feeling big sister/mama bear protective over Oya makes more sense than having a crush. Idie is a teenager.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Who is the nog floating pink character?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Nekra feeling big sister/mama bear protective over Oya makes more sense than having a crush. Idie is a teenager.
    See my comment above about sliding time scale. I think shes more probably in EARLY 20s, like 20/21. But with the sliding time scale, and the way it has changed in X-Men books but not in 616 larger universe, its hard to pinpoint. And like I thoroughly explained above, age differences don't make as much of a difference within the LGBTQ+ community as they do in the cis hetro world. I have multiple friends that age is 10+ years apart, and they have ironically been more stable relationships then those that are close in age.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Nekra's bisexuality was established in Spiderwoman vol1, where she tried to kill Spiderwoman because of the effect Jessica's pheromones had on her.
    That is AWESOME to know. I am going to have to go and read that. But it makes total total sense. My "gaydar" was going off big time.

I think it's the best X-book currently and it cracks how to write a good villian centered series. Just mail it to Sony for their Discount MCU.

Barrington feels very muck like Andor's take on the Empire servants. She's like the female ISB agent that became a breakout character for the show.

Third Eye is one of the best new characters of the Krakoa era. I'm hoping he takes on Sabretooth in the next miniseries and gets a spinoff after.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    See my comment above about sliding time scale. I think shes more probably in EARLY 20s, like 20/21. But with the sliding time scale, and the way it has changed in X-Men books but not in 616 larger universe, its hard to pinpoint. And like I thoroughly explained above, age differences don't make as much of a difference within the LGBTQ+ community as they do in the cis hetro world. I have multiple friends that age is 10+ years apart, and they have ironically been more stable relationships then those that are close in age.
    What? Are you attempting to heterosplain LGBTQ+ relationship dynamics to a homosexual? How does the sliding timescale make Idie 20 when she's from the generation of Student X-Men that came after even the Academy X kids, who are still obviously considered to be Students or Student+ level? She's one of the only ones to actually get a canonical age since she mentioned being 14 IIRC during Generation Hope.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    What? Are you attempting to heterosplain LGBTQ+ relationship dynamics to a homosexual? How does the sliding timescale make Idie 20 when she's from the generation of Student X-Men that came after even the Academy X kids, who are still obviously considered to be Students or Student+ level? She's one of the only ones to actually get a canonical age since she mentioned being 14 IIRC during Generation Hope.
    Dont assume. I am not hetroexplaing. Considering I am a 38 yr old nonbinary queer who has been doing drag for 20 years........ I am speaking from MY experience, and not everyone has the ame experience . So dont assume I am hetro. That is EXACTLY what the hetro cis community does to the LGBTQ+ community as is, and espically for nonbinary people. The cis hetro world assumes genders based on looks, and if your homosexual you know exactly what I am talking about. So how about we as members of the LGBTQ+ community not make assumptions ourselves. And with some characters aged up/aged down I personally dont think we can judge ages by the generation. Because within the same generation some characters have been aged up, and some down to fit the story the writers want. Which has already screwed with the sliding time scale, not to mention the Hellfire Gala messing with the time scale also. All while the time scale really doesnt change in the greater 616 universe. But you would rather argue and make assumptions about me, instead of actually have a discussion where both sides are willing to talk and at least understand the other side even if they dont agree. I am always up for discussions which can be done in a civil manner and actually evolve an idea, but I am not up for people making assumptions about me.

Regardless of Oya's ambiguous canon age, I'm not feeling the age gap. Fair stuff on your friends making it work, and I'm glad to hear it. But in my personal experience, eveb a few years of age can create a big gap in experience between two people. I dated a guy 3 years older than me, when I was 21. I had a lot less experience so there was this dynamic issue. (Among other issues.) So for me, personally, I can only see that issue when it comes to a Nekroya romance, only much worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

No, no. Their friends did it, so it's fine. That's just what LGBTQ+ people do.

lmao