Extraordinary Member

Default Killua Zoldyck vs Tao Ren

I finished watching the Shaman King remake last night, so I'm in the mood to make some Shaman King Rumbles.

Tao Ren and Killua Zoldyck are broadly similar in concept, so they seem like a good place to start.

This will be a standard arena rumble. current Killua vs Tao as of the end of the series (before that last minute timeskip, that is.)

And as a bonus, we'll have a "They sit and talk" scenario as well

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Where does the remake series stop in the narrative? Looks like it goes all the way. Are you intending this to be Ren with Bason or the Spirit of Thunder?

As far as the manga goes, Endgame Ren really walks all over Endgame Killua as far as I recall.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Where does the remake series stop in the narrative? Looks like it goes all the way. Are you intending this to be Ren with Bason or the Spirit of Thunder?

As far as the manga goes, Endgame Ren really walks all over Endgame Killua as far as I recall.
    So far as I know, the remake goes up to the end of the original manga. The intent was that Ren would have access to everything he had access to during the final fight with Hao. So he'd have the Spirit of Thunder

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So far as I know, the remake goes up to the end of the original manga. The intent was that Ren would have access to everything he had access to during the final fight with Hao. So he'd have the Spirit of Thunder
    Then Killua is in for a very hard time here. Everyone of serious consequence was above bullet timer before the Shaman Fight even began and, after mastering Fumon Tonkou, Ren is considerably faster than Killua at base and arguably in his bracket even when he's using Thunder God Form.

So that's Killua's normal speed advantage out of the window. Killua is probably... maybe a bit stronger? Ren doesn't really have many dead lifting feats off the top of my head but he's more than fast enough and stabby enough to win this.

Also Ren is pretty durable. Being struck repeatedly with force that sent him flying and blasting craters in stone didn't really do much to him.