Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fantastic Member

I have no idea what is going to happen with Wonder Woman under the "Dawn of DC" initiative. But here's what I hope happens:

I hope the main Wonder Woman title gets a strong, popular creative team that is very interested in Wonder Woman and her world, and are as enthusiastic about working on her book as Batman and Superman creators are about working with those respective characters.

I hope that creative team consists of Kelly Sue DeConnick and Yasmine Putri, or a team just as brilliant.

I hope that we get a Wonder Woman Family collection of books: a Wonder Girls book starring Donna Troy, Cassie Sandsmark, and Yara Flor; an Amazons book starring Nubia, Artemis, Faruka, Grace, and all of the rest of the Amazons of Themyscira, Bana-Mighdall, and the Esquecida.

I hope someone takes a serious look at Wonder Woman's Rogues Gallery to update them for a modern audience and make them actual threats instead of puns.

I hope Wonder Woman books get a strong editorial team with a singular vision, and who have enough influence to prevent Wonder Woman from being the community chump that other creators use when they want to pump up their own characters' prowess, powers, abilities, and intelligence.

I hope DC promotes the Wonder Woman books with as much verve and tenacity as they promote Batman, and to a much lesser degree, Superman.

I doubt any of this is going to happen, but one can dream.
    Last edited by HotBoy; 01-29-2023 at 04:56 PM.