Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Greg Rucka doesn't write Diana the same way he writes Forever Carlyle, Renee Montoya or Kate Kane. Gail Simone doesn't write Diana the same way she writes the Secret Six or the Birds of Prey.
    But Kelly specifically said this is what she does every time she starts writing a new character

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    But Kelly specifically said this is what she does every time she starts writing a new character
    She's also stated she's a fan of Diana and that image Hotboy linked to shows she does understand her.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    She's also stated she's a fan of Diana and that image Hotboy linked to shows she does understand her.
    Even being a fan doesn’t always mean you want to write the character. Chip Zdarsky says he’s a huge Flash fan, but when DC offered him the book he passed because he could not come up with a story for Flash. He can write Flash just fine as part of a team, but doesn’t have any solo Flash stories in him. KSD might be in a similar boat, but I’d like to see DC ask her and find out for certain.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So, if news are coming 4 months ahead, in less than one week we should know what's going to happen

I mean, ill read everything no matter what, i dont know why im making such a scene

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    So, if news are coming 4 months ahead, in less than one week we should know what's going to happen

I mean, ill read everything no matter what, i dont know why im making such a scene
    I'm a little nervous about "a new status quo" only because it feels like we've barely established the current status quo:
    Diana as champion (and only recently returned from the afterlife)
    Yara as the newest Wonder Girl
    Hippolyta as new Old God
    Nubia as Queen
    Donna and Cassie still active

Seems like a next status quo is likely to bump out Diana, again, which I wouldn't love.
    And Yara needs far more time as a Wonder Girl before she steps up to the main role.
    Hopefully nothing as drastic as that, but I'm a worrier by nature. :P

So, tomorrow comes the previews for number 799. Seems like DC doesnt care about Wonder Woman enough to anounce their plans for 800 and ahead already, so I guess we'll have to wait 24 hours more to know something
    Last edited by Garrac; 02-16-2023 at 11:35 AM.

*crossing fingers Wilson doesn't stick around for another run*

Fantastic Member

You think we're going to get some news on Wonder Woman's future at DC Comics this month given that it's Women's History Month?

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    You think we're going to get some news on Wonder Woman's future at DC Comics this month given that it's Women's History Month?
    Yeah, I expect the next creative team will be doing a story in issue 800. That’s how DC will reveal them, as part of the lineup which we’ll get in June Solicits which come out this month.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I have a feeling (slash am hoping) they're gonna make a thing of it and announce it in advance of the solicits as a full relaunch. She's next on the Dawn of DC timeline so I'm thinking they've got something bigger cooking. I was feeling a little annoyed that they weren't sharing anything about it even as they were making announcements about other books coming out in June/July, but it does make sense that they'd wait until Women's History Month...

Hoping we hear something either this week or next. And REALLY hoping we wind up getting another Nubia project.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'm guessing that we're getting a new creative team come issue #800. Hopefully it's an A or B+ team including one or more of the following:

Phil Jimenez
    Terry Dodson
    Ivan Reis
    Marguerite Sauvage
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'm guessing that we're getting a new creative team come issue #800. Hopefully it's an A or B+ team including one or more of the following:

Phil Jimenez
    Terry Dodson
    Ivan Reis
    Marguerite Sauvage
    Phil Jimenez - As an artist no way, he’s far too slow to ever draw an ongoing. As a writer I suppose he could do it even if I think it’s unlikely.
    Terry Dodson - Maybe? Again I don’t think it’s likely but I don’t know how fast he is as an artist.
    Ivan Reis - He’s currently on Tec so he’s not an option.
    Marguerite Sauvage - I think her Power Girl story with Leah Williams will be finished in May so she is available.

It probably won’t be any of them however. It will likely be someone who hasn’t written WW before and someone who hasn’t drawn WW before.

Not sure if anyone has already seen, but Jeff Spokes has a clearer version of the Wonder Woman part of the Dawn of DC spread he did on his Instagram account. Can't seem to link it here, but its pretty high-resolution. I wonder if he did the design or is working off someone else's?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Phil Jimenez - As an artist no way, he’s far too slow to ever draw an ongoing. As a writer I suppose he could do it even if I think it’s unlikely.
    Terry Dodson - Maybe? Again I don’t think it’s likely but I don’t know how fast he is as an artist.
    Ivan Reis - He’s currently on Tec so he’s not an option.
    Marguerite Sauvage - I think her Power Girl story with Leah Williams will be finished in May so she is available.

It probably won’t be any of them however. It will likely be someone who hasn’t written WW before and someone who hasn’t drawn WW before.

Jimenez has done ongoings in the past & kept up. What makes you think he's "too slow"?

My list was just a wish-list, nothing more. I don't have any insight as what DC plans to do.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Time goes by... so slowly