Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default What’s Happening With Wonder Woman In June?

So, Wonder Woman is the latest addition (Along with a Hawk symbol) to the Dawn Of DC timeline. What could that mean?
    We all know that the book will be hitting #800 in June, but that seems prettty underwhelming....Batman is “hitting” #900 in May, the Flash #800 in July, and neither of them are listed (so far).
    New creative team?
    New direction for the book (Please, God, no...how many times can we have someone OTHER than Diana be Wonder Woman?? Plus, this would seem to go against the current “Back to basics” vibe going on)?
    A second book? Maybe the return of Sensation Comics as an anthology series, i.e. the new direction Action Comics is going in.....maybe starring Nubia, Artemis, and a rotating Wonder Girls 3 arc?
    Thoughts?

Probably a WW relaunch with a new creative team, but it’s possible they might try another Wonder Girl book with Yara.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

If it's a 2nd book, I hope that it features Nubia or Donna Troy. Another great idea would be a book that showcases Diana's adventures in the 1940s to help clarify what's cannon and what's not.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Batman and the Flash are on the timeline in the month that both reach their respective anniversary numbers (may).
    Regarding WW, I expect at least another ongoing with the wonder family and if a new creative team enters to the main series, I hope it will do under an editor who will lead the way to maintain the cohesion we need to build a solid wonderverse.

the thing is maybe a new title not a relaunch given how so far much of the dawn of DC Comics are limited series. look at green arrow or the Jon Kent book, cyborg one all are limited

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    If it's a 2nd book, I hope that it features Nubia or Donna Troy. Another great idea would be a book that showcases Diana's adventures in the 1940s to help clarify what's cannon and what's not.
    This is not directed at you, but why do we even care what is canon? DC has already stated that everything is canon so it is really up to the writer to decide, at that moment, what he likes and what he writes.

What you need is a editorial edict on what is canon from up top and they actually enforce the edict through all platforms at all times (movies, animated, comics and all appearances outside of just her book). Otherwise, what is canon means nothing in the DC universe!

I think it's a new comic. Hopefully Sensation Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Batman and the Flash are on the timeline in the month that both reach their respective anniversary numbers (may).
    Regarding WW, I expect at least another ongoing with the wonder family and if a new creative team enters to the main series, I hope it will do under an editor who will lead the way to maintain the cohesion we need to build a solid wonderverse.
    Neither Batman nor Tec are reaching anniversary numbers? Batman maybe if they go back to legacy numbering, but the Batsymbol is there for Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

I think that Batman still has around 10-15 issues left till 900 if they revert back to legacy numbering.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    This is not directed at you, but why do we even care what is canon? DC has already stated that everything is canon so it is really up to the writer to decide, at that moment, what he likes and what he writes.

What you need is a editorial edict on what is canon from up top and they actually enforce the edict through all platforms at all times (movies, animated, comics and all appearances outside of just her book). Otherwise, what is canon means nothing in the DC universe!

I don't take this personally.

That "everything is cannon" comment from DC is perplexing. Take Donna Troy for instance. Pre-Crisis, she was a normal human, saved from a fire by Diana, and given powers by the Purple Healing Ray. Post-Crisis she was given her powers by the Titans of Myth. Post-Byrne she was a mystical twin of Diana's created by Mala. In the New 52, she was created by Hecate. If DC were to write a new Who's Who entry for Donna tomorrow, which of these origins would be in it? Hence, not all of these origins can be cannon at the same time so one would have to be chosen.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

That "everything is cannon" comment from DC is perplexing. Take Donna Troy for instance. Pre-Crisis, she was a normal human, saved from a fire by Diana, and given powers by the Purple Healing Ray. Post-Crisis she was given her powers by the Titans of Myth. Post-Byrne she was a mystical twin of Diana's created by Mala. In the New 52, she was created by Hecate. If DC were to write a new Who's Who entry for Donna tomorrow, which of these origins would be in it? Hence, not all of these origins can be cannon at the same time so one would have to be chosen.
    And that is why I say it is up to the writer, at the moment, to decide which origin he wants. If editorial doesn't care, then everything is canon is still valid. We just need editorial to give a damn through all incarnations to be consistent. If Wonder Woman flys in one medium, but doesn't in another, that falls on editorial to give a damn to be consistent through all media. Same thing goes with origins. But....when we all of a sudden think Diana has the clay origin, but later it is implied she is the offspring of Zeus, then we get back to the everything is canon.

I know.....monumental stupidity of DC's part that they cannot even get origins or powersets to be on the same page consistently!

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I think it's a new comic. Hopefully Sensation Comics.

Neither Batman nor Tec are reaching anniversary numbers? Batman maybe if they go back to legacy numbering, but the Batsymbol is there for Batman: The Brave and the Bold.
    Yes, I was talking about the legacy numbering, I think that in May it would be #900, I didn't know about that new Batman series, as if more batbooks were needed

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Probably a WW relaunch with a new creative team, but it’s possible they might try another Wonder Girl book with Yara.
    Wrong logo for that, Yara has her own symbol, look at the corner box of her last series' covers.

They have picked one. The Artemis Wanted one-shot re-established the fire origin for Donna. Diana seems to have reverted to her pre-Crisis origin (made from clay) too (see Lazarus Planet: We Once Were Gods), while Cassie's is her pre-Flashpoint one but retaining the New 52 change of Zeus being her grandfather and not her Dad (because when Artemis Wanted was published just a few months ago, Diana was still Zeus's daughter as established in New 52).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-27-2023 at 03:08 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hopefully he is not involved in these big things.

Tom Taylor + Wonder Woman = bad, bad news

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

tom taylor saying WW has some big things coming up. Is he going to kill her again?