Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post
    Not sure if anyone has already seen, but Jeff Spokes has a clearer version of the Wonder Woman part of the Dawn of DC spread he did on his Instagram account. Can't seem to link it here, but its pretty high-resolution. I wonder if he did the design or is working off someone else's?
    Wouldn't it be great if Jeff Spokes was the new regular artist? Not that I'm a huge fan of this revamped costume with the Power Girl cape and the weird bikini briefs with side soldier shields...

But he's a really good artist. His work reminds me of Ryan Sook's.

ww2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

I’m not really expecting anything big to be honest.

Probably another writer who wrote some short-lived Marvel and DC mid-tier titles and artist who will peace out after 4 issues after giving a bunch of interviews about how much they “love” WW.

We’ll back here in two years.
    Last edited by Gaius; 03-04-2023 at 06:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I’m not really expecting anything big to be honest.

Probably another writer who wrote some short-lived Marvel and DC mid-tier titles and artist who will peace out after 4 issues after giving a bunch of interviews about how much they “love” WW.

We’ll back here in two years.

Sadly, you're probably right. I think most of us could count on 1 hand how many artists have stayed on Wonder Woman for more than 6 issues in the last 10 years.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I'm not sure the name has come up here, but I'd love to see Ram V take on writing duties. Between his creator owned "The Many Deaths of Laila Starr", and his work on Catwoman, JLD and Detective Comics, I've really enjoyed the depth of his work. I think his style definitely lends itself to more "serious" storytelling, so I think it would lean more towards Rucka than Gail Simone for example. But after the lightness and fun of the recent run, I'm up for something a little deeper for Diana for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if Jeff Spokes was the new regular artist? Not that I'm a huge fan of this revamped costume with the Power Girl cape and the weird bikini briefs with side soldier shields...

ww2.jpg
    I totally see the Ryan Sook comparison! I've never seen his work before, but if his sequential work is as good as these splashes, I think he'd be a brilliant addition to the title. Though I suppose it would depend on the tone of the writing.

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post

ww2.jpg
    I honestly don't hate it. The skirt/shield things are weird but I can see how they could be drawn to look cool. The bracelets, tiara, cape and eagle design are great, though I'm not sure about the return of the white stripe on the boots because the rest of them aren't red enough.

I always like Wonder Woman wearing gloves, it's a nice callback to the Odyssey costume.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 03-04-2023 at 10:36 AM.

I don't think Diana really needs a cape outside formal settings and the black and gold just don't pop for me. Though I guess they did do an anthology book based around it.

Also the half-skirt look is...a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Diana really needs a cape outside formal settings and the black and gold just don't pop for me. Though I guess they did do an anthology book based around it.

Also the half-skirt look is...a choice.
    I don't think there is any black on that outfit at all, I think that's just shading and everything is either red, blue or gold, apart from the brown gloves.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

ww2.jpg[/QUOTE]

This might not even be a regular costume for Diana outside of this promo-piece. Remember when Rebirth started and she was depicted in promotional pieces wearing the red & gold cape but she rarely wore it in her own title or even in Justice League or in the early promotion pieces of the New 52 where Diana was depicted in pants which never actually made it onto a page in her book or Justice League.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post
    I'm not sure the name has come up here, but I'd love to see Ram V take on writing duties. Between his creator owned "The Many Deaths of Laila Starr", and his work on Catwoman, JLD and Detective Comics, I've really enjoyed the depth of his work. I think his style definitely lends itself to more "serious" storytelling, so I think it would lean more towards Rucka than Gail Simone for example. But after the lightness and fun of the recent run, I'm up for something a little deeper for Diana for awhile.
    Oh man I would love to see Ram V write Diana, but he’s already on Tec, the Vigil, Carnage, Venom, and I think he’s doing a creator owned book too. I would also love to see Tynion try writing Diana but he’s focused on creator owned work for the foreseeable future.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Oh man I would love to see Ram V write Diana, but he’s already on Tec, the Vigil, Carnage, Venom, and I think he’s doing a creator owned book too. I would also love to see Tynion try writing Diana but he’s focused on creator owned work for the foreseeable future.
    Agreed, I think he could do an amazing job on Diana's title, but he does seem to have his plate full.

As one of the longest Wonder Woman veterans of this forum (Ive read it ALL, even the fucking painful Kanigher run, but I imagine there are people like me here?) I really don't care a lot abut the "Artemis could do this role", "This is stupid, it doesnt coincide with this number from 15 years ago", or "They are writing this character who has only appeared 3 times in the last 5 years in a diferent way! Bad!" because, well, Ive read it all, and Ill read it all once most of these guys go away or keep reading stuff they don't clearly like. Ive come to a moment where Wonder Woman has kept me reading books during one of the worst eras to read regular series. Will the regular series be again as good as Legend of WW, Earth One, or some of the Black and Gold stories? Don't think so. Do I think its possible we will ever get a Wonder Woman comic even SLIGHTLY as fucking good as Historia? Don't think so, if its not more Historia numbers. Do I care? No.

Because at this point reading Wonder Woman stories, except for some fucking awful runs, brings me a regular feeling that I don't get reading other comics or regular series. It brings me peace, and with age Ive gotten more patient with changes to the lore that I know won't stick. Yeah, its frustrating to see so many "Zeus is Wonder Womans daddy" but at the end of the day I have the certainty that DC will come crawling back to the original story. And if not, even with worse changes, I know they won't alter why I liked those og stories and why I keep liking them. I mean, hell, if anything DC incentivates me to ignore everything that I don't like and consider canon only the parts I love, which seeing wonderfandom I guess are most than almost everyone at times.

I dunno why I say this to all of you, sorry. I just wanted to state that I liked Cloonrad's aproach to Wonder Woman, their ideas, and their feeling of fresh air introduced to the franchise, mostly after some years where a Steve Orlando solitary number was all the food I could get. I wanted Cloonrad to stick more because I think the real problem Wonder Woman has it's that no single writer has managed to write 40 consecutive numbers of WW since George Pérez, and I consider that sad. I want a writer, can I say a good writer? to stick for more time, for the minimum time, to get to tell the story they want, and I thought Cloonrad, even if they lack some things (not having a more cohesive idea or story to tell...) I thought were worth at least one more year writing the character.

I dunno what the future may hold, but Ive come to peace with it again, as, no matter who DC puts on the series, Ill read it. And the rest would be me bitching about it, and maybe even scaring the poor writer who has come to the forum to stalk us a little.

So, from now, until the new age starts, and until the first page is published, I will take aside my previous fears and the only word Ill say will be "Welcome"
    Last edited by Garrac; 03-05-2023 at 02:47 AM.

If you guys want an “A-Lister”, the biggest name on the list who could be a good fit for Diana would be Kieron Gillen. He knows myth and he has a good reputation for handling gender/sexuality issues with nuance. Not a huge fan of him myself, but if I was tasked with getting a “big” name for WW, he’s the one I would try and get.

He’s involved in the X-Men stuff so no clue if he could do it, but he’s not exclusive and he’s only writing one book at Marvel currently. He might have the time.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If you guys want an “A-Lister”, the biggest name on the list who could be a good fit for Diana would be Kieron Gillen. He knows myth and he has a good reputation for handling gender/sexuality issues with nuance. Not a huge fan of him myself, but if I was tasked with getting a “big” name for WW, he’s the one I would try and get.

He’s involved in the X-Men stuff so no clue if he could do it, but he’s not exclusive and he’s only writing one book at Marvel currently. He might have the time.
    I could go for this.

King has a major announcement coming. Could very well be he’s taking over WW.

He said before that DC wanted him back on a “big” book and he accepted. He wrote WW before AND he’s worked with the WW editor Brittany Holzher on Supergirl: WoT. I think he’s our new WW writer. Guess we find out soon!