Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

This is what they turned Ben into Chasm at the end of Beyond for.

Yeah, fuck this. I'm done. Lowe, Wells, rethink your goddamn run please.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post

Wells wanted Ben to like the next venom and instead he turns NY into hell does nothing and for his troubles?
    spoilers:
    gets put in time out
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It’s especially dumb when this whole thing was facilitated by Maddie even if she did back off when she got what she wanted yet Ben becomes the fall guy. This gives some unfortunate implications that I really don’t think Marvel should be bringing.
    Marvel and unintentional implications, name a more iconic duo.

spoilers:
    I swear this is basically Marvel’s answer to Heroes in Crisis, substituting Wally for Ben. Both even end up in prison by the end of the story.
    end of spoilers
    Hah, yeah I can see that lol.

Should've dropped long before this man lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It’s especially dumb when this whole thing was facilitated by Maddie even if she did back off when she got what she wanted yet Ben becomes the fall guy. This gives some unfortunate implications that I really don’t think Marvel should be bringing.
    spoilers:
    I swear this is basically Marvel’s answer to Heroes in Crisis, substituting Wally for Ben. Both even end up in prison by the end of the story.
    end of spoilers
    I can see it. The funny thing is DC at least knew right off the bat it was a bad idea and had Flash Forward getting done and after almost making it worst has placed Wally on one of his greatest runs ever

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    I can see it. The funny thing is DC at least knew right off the bat it was a bad idea and had Flash Forward getting done and after almost making it worst has placed Wally on one of his greatest runs ever
    I fear Ben will not have that luck

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Should've dropped long before this man lol.
    You're right. I don't know what I was thinking.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

At least he's not dead . . . yet.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    At least he's not dead . . . yet.
    there are fates worst than death and unfortunately for Ben this is it
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

My two favorite Marvel characters are Ben Reilly and T’Challa. Marvel seems go-hung on destroying/ruining both of these characters. Because I can leave a story not finished, I’m buying this Dark Fate Finale (and the last two issues of the current Panther run) and I’m going on my personal boycott of Marvel comics. I boycotted the main 616 Spider-Man titles after they killed Ben and didn’t pick it up again until Peter unmasked for Civil War… and I pretty much dropped it early in Spencer’s run. This with Ben? I’m done. I’m just gonna pretend that Ben went MIA after Spidergeddon after getting “fixed” and let his adventures end there.

Even if they “fix” Ben I doubt I’ll ever collect Spider-Man again. They could easily print Money by giving fans what they want, but it seems as if they just did this out of Spite. So. I’m a lil bitter, and I’m done.
    Last edited by Blanks; 01-31-2023 at 05:53 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    there are fates worst than death and unfortunately for Ben this is it
    You have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    My two favorite Marvel characters are Ben Reilly and T’Challa. Marvel seems go-hung on destroying/ruining both of these characters. Because I can leave a story not finished, I’m buying this Dark Fate Finale (and the last two issues of the current Panther run) and I’m going on my personal boycott of Marvel comics. I boycotted the main 616 Spider-Man titles after they killed Ben and didn’t pick it up again until Peter unmasked for Civil War… and I pretty much dropped it early in Spencer’s run. This with Ben? I’m done. I’m just gonna pretend that Ben went MIA after Spidergeddon after getting “fixed” and let his adventures end there.

Even if they “fix” Ben I doubt I’ll ever collect Spider-Man again. They could easily print Money by giving fans what they want, but it seems as if they just did this out of Spite. So. I’m a lil bitter, and I’m done.
    Understandable. It's like these people never heard the expression, "Every character is someone's favorite."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Worst part is that if Marvel doesn’t realize their mistake here, using this as an opportunity for Ben to pick himself up and rise triumphantly and instead double down, this ending is just gonna make things even worse for Ben.

BANNED

Yeah, the sympathetic way Maddie is treated compared to how Ben is blamed for the whole thing is actually insulting as well as nonsensical. Screw this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Yeah, the sympathetic way Maddie is treated compared to how Ben is blamed for the whole thing is actually insulting as well as nonsensical. Screw this.
    They're even in awe of her. Just bad writing from start to finish.

Astonishing Member

The ONLY mildly positive thing I’ll say about it is
    spoilers:

Peter is pretty compassionate to Ben throughout, which is saying something considering what a monster they turned Ben into. Peter still tries to connect with him even when he’s in the Limbo prison at the end of the issue. So that’s an improvement over Peter being a complete jerkass and referring to him as his “evil clone” during Clone Conspiracy.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    The ONLY mildly positive thing I’ll say about it is
    spoilers:

Peter is pretty compassionate to Ben throughout, which is saying something considering what a monster they turned Ben into. Peter still tries to connect with him even when he’s in the Limbo prison at the end of the issue. So that’s an improvement over Peter being a complete jerkass and referring to him as his “evil clone” during Clone Conspiracy.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Well hopefully Peter treats it as his responsibility to stay in contact with Ben and do what he can to help his brother back to the light now that he knows that he’s alive and exactly where to find him. Though who am I kidding? Knowing Marvel they’ll probably have Ben break out or be broken out and swear vengeance on Peter or something stupid like that. Also, dick move throwing him into a Limbo prison after how Limbo was shown to be affecting his dreams back at the start of this.
    end of spoilers