Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Heh!

Fellas, Gals, Non-binary pals, hear me out here. I've a theory to exposit. We've got a story centering Peter Parker, Unhinged Ben Reilly and a striving to be a hero Norman Osborn. Flip the roles a bit, and it starts to look familiar, no?

I've a feeling we're doing a cover song on Ben's original demise. Ben being out the picture makes sense--he's missing from the Hallow's Eve solicit. And it kinda sorta gives her a mission of revenge.

Well? Do y'all think I'm cooking something, or is it just the gas leak next door?
    I didn't care for this story at all, but that'd legit make me hate it. So the probability of you being right is probably not low. Though, more than outright death, I think Ben's gonna get lost or stuck somewhere while Janine wants to find a way to bail him out or something.

And hey, as far as we're going the "worst it can get", maybe the "person from her past" in her own mini could be Marcus and they strike up a relationship after enough time has elapsed, who knows? After all, despite Beyond being a pretty solid Spider-story overall and genuinely seeming to be trying to build Ben up to something that wasn't a bent-out-of-shape-cartoony-villain, I guess that's the kind of thing we can actively expect these days as to how stories progress.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Heh!

Fellas, Gals, Non-binary pals, hear me out here. I've a theory to exposit. We've got a story centering Peter Parker, Unhinged Ben Reilly and a striving to be a hero Norman Osborn. Flip the roles a bit, and it starts to look familiar, no?

I've a feeling we're doing a cover song on Ben's original demise. Ben being out the picture makes sense--he's missing from the Hallow's Eve solicit. And it kinda sorta gives her a mission of revenge.

Well? Do y'all think I'm cooking something, or is it just the gas leak next door?
    If you're right, I will find a way into Marvels walls.

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post

Don't forget "Ms. Marvel escaped in her own badass fashion" lol.

Heh!

Killing Ben at this point would be mercy, so I'd say go for it, and may the next resurrection be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

So is anyone hyped for Hallows' Eve mini? Because she's totally done so much in this event and shown off how awesome and likeable she is .

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is anyone hyped for Hallows' Eve mini? Because she's totally done so much in this event and shown off how awesome and likeable she is .
    I know! I totally can't wait for the inevitable Rek-Rap series guest starring Spider-Ham!
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 01-26-2023 at 07:33 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Not only am I not interested in the least but after this terrible story, once that flashback to answer what Peter did, I might just outright drop the book because I’m convinced that nothing good is coming from Wells’ run and I’m not even entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I know! I totally can't wait for the inevitable Rek-Rap series guest starring Spider-Ham!
    I wouldn't put it past them at this point.

I wouldn't put it past them at this point.
    That's what I am afraid of...
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Not only am I not interested in the least but after this terrible story, once that flashback to answer what Peter did, I might just outright drop the book because I’m convinced that nothing good is coming from Wells’ run and I’m not even entertained.
    "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?! IS THIS NOT WHY YOU'RE HERE?!"

And if the answer to both of those questions is "no" . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Rek-Rap is fun. I think he is the best thing to come out of this event.

And after this if Robbie doesn't know....he is not that bright.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Is Rek-Rap supposed to be a stand-in for psuedo-90's Venom? It felt like the big V left the event pretty early on. And Venom was acting about as dumb as this big lug.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Don't forget "Ms. Marvel escaped in her own badass fashion" lol.

Killing Ben at this point would be mercy, so I'd say go for it, and may the next resurrection be better.
    If he dies now, he'll probably never come back and this will be his legacy, so no thanks.

I doubt he's going to die. They turned him into a villain in an attempt to find a role for him while creating a marketable new bad guy. If they wanted to kill him, they would have probably done it in Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?! IS THIS NOT WHY YOU'RE HERE?!"

And if the answer to both of those questions is "no" . . .
    “Why are we still here? Just to suffer?”

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I already asked my comic to take it off the pull list. I was sticking around cause I thought Spider-Man and the X-Men teaming up would be fun but you know they kind of screwed it all up. I mean Spider-Man barely even hung out with the X-Men.. Ugh.. at least I'll be able to contribute to the CBR snark cause I'll be reading in it trades...BUT IS IT WORTH IT?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Is Rek-Rap supposed to be a stand-in for psuedo-90's Venom? It felt like the big V left the event pretty early on. And Venom was acting about as dumb as this big lug.

he is our bizarro he must be protected
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy