Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    This run was only made for Editorial, no one else. You can see it in the totally unhinged and pathetic way Peter is depicted throughout the entire run.

Gleason's art is too good for this comic...
    The Judgement Day tie-in has art bad enough to be on a comparatively similar level to the writing.

Even then, it's still way above the writing...

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Do you really need 25 minutes to say "No"?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Extraordinary Member

A complete waste of effort on the part of the creative team. I am not a fan of Ben...but he deserved better than this and the end of the Beyond storyline.

To me...having him come out of the Beyond Storyline relatively intact but depowered...and Janine with her record wiped clean (or at least commuted her sentence behind the scenes) with them moving off to live happily ever after in a non-super hero city/life would have been a respectful ending for the character.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    A complete waste of effort on the part of the creative team. I am not a fan of Ben...but he deserved better than this and the end of the Beyond storyline.

To me...having him come out of the Beyond Storyline relatively intact but depowered...and Janine with her record wiped clean (or at least commuted her sentence behind the scenes) with them moving off to live happily ever after in a non-super hero city/life would have been a respectful ending for the character.
    Would be funny if they went for that, 'cause it would mirror the "ending" Marvel tried to push for Spidey back during clone saga.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Would be funny if they went for that, 'cause it would mirror the "ending" Marvel tried to push for Spidey back during clone saga.
    You say that, when Norman sped in at the end I fully expected a familiar end for Ben.

I'm glad Wells used the slightest modicum of restraint and left Ben alive for a future writer to redeem.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!