Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I fear Ben will not have that luck
    Considering that Ben isn't that popular as a character to be fixed, yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    You're right. I don't know what I was thinking.
    I do understand that, by being already a fan, one has more patience than usual for bad stuff, specially if you're hoping for it to get better.

I've been there myself, experience taught be to drop stuff earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    My two favorite Marvel characters are Ben Reilly and T’Challa. Marvel seems go-hung on destroying/ruining both of these characters. Because I can leave a story not finished, I’m buying this Dark Fate Finale (and the last two issues of the current Panther run) and I’m going on my personal boycott of Marvel comics. I boycotted the main 616 Spider-Man titles after they killed Ben and didn’t pick it up again until Peter unmasked for Civil War… and I pretty much dropped it early in Spencer’s run. This with Ben? I’m done. I’m just gonna pretend that Ben went MIA after Spidergeddon after getting “fixed” and let his adventures end there.

Even if they “fix” Ben I doubt I’ll ever collect Spider-Man again. They could easily print Money by giving fans what they want, but it seems as if they just did this out of Spite. So. I’m a lil bitter, and I’m done.
    The capitalized "S" in "spite" made me think that would be a pretty fitting name for a symbiote .

But yeah, I doubt it's spite, I get the feeling they're just going for Brevoort's disgusting sales method, which is, pissing off fans for short term sales increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Worst part is that if Marvel doesn’t realize their mistake here, using this as an opportunity for Ben to pick himself up and rise triumphantly and instead double down, this ending is just gonna make things even worse for Ben.
    spoilers:
    Once Ben is imprisoned, Spidey offers to help and Ben refuses
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    The ONLY mildly positive thing I’ll say about it is
    spoilers:

Peter is pretty compassionate to Ben throughout, which is saying something considering what a monster they turned Ben into. Peter still tries to connect with him even when he’s in the Limbo prison at the end of the issue. So that’s an improvement over Peter being a complete jerkass and referring to him as his “evil clone” during Clone Conspiracy.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    From what I hear, Spidey under Wells is overly compassionate (I hear he forgave JJ while saying he had good intentions when spending those years tormenting Spidey, which's, ridiculous), so it'd be more surprising if he wasn't compassionate here, but then again, Wells' writing could mean he very much could tell Ben to **** off.

Clone Conspiracy was an understandable situation to be fair, he did give Ben a chance there, and then Ben decides to kill everyone on the planet...
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    spoilers:
    Well hopefully Peter treats it as his responsibility to stay in contact with Ben and do what he can to help his brother back to the light now that he knows that he’s alive and exactly where to find him. Though who am I kidding? Knowing Marvel they’ll probably have Ben break out or be broken out and swear vengeance on Peter or something stupid like that. Also, dick move throwing him into a Limbo prison after how Limbo was shown to be affecting his dreams back at the start of this.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's talked about like the cell is actually a nice place, so it possibly doesn't give him nightmares anymore, but who knows, maybe it still does...
    end of spoilers

Anyways, I read the issue, it sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I hear he forgave JJ while saying he had good intentions when spending those years tormenting Spidey, which's, ridiculous
    He'd already reconciled with Jameson in Zdarsky's run, which is considered one of the best Spider-man stories of the 2010s (admittedly it's not up against stiff competition). Wells having Peter forgive Jameson in his run is just ignoring that emotional beat in favour of his own far less meaningful because less risky emotional beat.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Spectacular Member

spoilers:
    Once Ben is imprisoned, Spidey offers to help and Ben refuses
    end of spoilers
    how does this make an iota of sense?!?

spoilers:
    why the **** would he refuse getting what he wants
    end of spoilers

dumb story telling

Quote Originally Posted by scarletspidey View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

dumb story telling
    spoilers:
    Wells probably justifies it as that Ben doesn’t trust anyone other than Janine after Maddie’s “betrayal”.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

According to contacts that got in touch with the Crawlspace community, the ending of the book was originally planned for Hellions, yet Wells barely wrote the lead time for it.

overall if you are an X-men fan this event is good for you but if you are a Spider-man fan things could have been way much better
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    overall if you are an X-men fan this event is good for you but if you are a Spider-man fan things could have been way much better
    Even if you're an X-Man fan it's not good. Jean and Forge are just Mary Sues and no one else matters, and somehow Magik is an afterthought in a story about the person she put in charge of Limbo betraying her trust and launching a demon invasion of New York. Then you've got the destruction of Belasco and the Soul Sword that's going on in Mary Jane and Black Cat. Only the most extreme Jean Grey stans who think she's absolutely perfect could get anything out of this.

BANNED

Now I know what was meant by there being hope for Ben

spoilers:
    According to Madeline, he took ownership of the attack on New York, so she rewards him with comfortable accommodations
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

spoilers:
    According to Madeline, he took ownership of the attack on New York, so she rewards him with comfortable accommodations
    end of spoilers
    But that guy is Dead there's only Chasm

Astonishing Member

Poor Ben Reilly. After all Slott, PAD and Wells has done to you. Thank God for JMD. Reilly should have stayed dead.

I really hate this TASM (Vol.6) run. The absolute shits.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Conveniently letting her off the hook. How heroic.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The X-Men are clearly in it for themselves these days, they don't seem to care about right or wrong anymore.
    end of spoilers
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    spoilers:
    The X-Men are clearly in it for themselves these days, they don't seem to care about right or wrong anymore.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I see your point but it really depends on the writers.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    He'd already reconciled with Jameson in Zdarsky's run, which is considered one of the best Spider-man stories of the 2010s (admittedly it's not up against stiff competition). Wells having Peter forgive Jameson in his run is just ignoring that emotional beat in favour of his own far less meaningful because less risky emotional beat.
    Assuming that what Wells did is another "I forgive you JJ" scene (From what I heard it sounds like he's reinforcing it), then it's kinda funny he tries to re-do something someone else did, 'cause I do hear that Madelyne was trying to redeem herself in New Mutants, and then we get Dark Web...

Quote Originally Posted by scarletspidey View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

dumb story telling
    spoilers:
    Spidey only vaguely offered to help, but it's never specifically said he wants to help restore Ben's memories.

I can understand why they would rather not give Spidey's memories to Ben when he's being a villain with no desire to redeem himself, but yeah...
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I understand, enough, of the X-Men side, and even from that angle the story's whatever.

It's significantly less offensive for the X-Men side, but calling this "good", uh, yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Even if you're an X-Man fan it's not good. Jean and Forge are just Mary Sues and no one else matters, and somehow Magik is an afterthought in a story about the person she put in charge of Limbo betraying her trust and launching a demon invasion of New York. Then you've got the destruction of Belasco and the Soul Sword that's going on in Mary Jane and Black Cat. Only the most extreme Jean Grey stans who think she's absolutely perfect could get anything out of this.
    As much as Jean's ass gets kissed, it's nothing compared to Madelyne, she benefits from this far more than anyone else.

The story makes it look like Madelyne was just a sad woman who only had sad things happen to her, to the point in Dark Web: X-Men, her motivations boil down to "She's sad she lacks the memories of her baby".

While this is an understandable motivation, it completely glosses over how in Inferno she tried to kill this baby.

Also, her kid is Cable, who's very much still alive and hanging around Krakoa, yet, she makes no attempt to talk with him, this makes it look like Madelyne only cares about the idea of baby Cable, and doesn't really care about Cable himself.

spoilers:
    And then we get this issue, where Madelyne manages to make Limbo into an embassy, where she makes it clear she threatened USA of A into accepting it, and everyone else is just okay with it.
    end of spoilers

Overall, the bad things Madelyne has done before, and done during this very story, are all glossed over.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That could just mean he admitted it 'cause there wasn't much else, or just an attempt to get on Madelyne's good side after fucking up.

Specially considering he refuses Spidey's help, it's not a lot of hope...
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    From what I hear X-Men used to demonize Madelyne a bit too much, and, even if that's true, the solution to fix it is not the exact fucking opposite...
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'd say that part got better after a while, but uh, yeah...
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

spoilers:
    I'd say that part got better after a while, but uh, yeah...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Did it? It doesn't feel like it, but then again Wells is writing this so...
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I see your point but it really depends on the writers.
    end of spoilers
    True...
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker