Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Dark Web in a nutshell

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    he is our bizarro he must be protected
    Do you think he'll stick around or become the Spider-Man of Limbo? I may not like him but I am genuinely curious as to what the Spider-Office plans to do with Spidercide 2.0.

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    If he dies now, he'll probably never come back and this will be his legacy, so no thanks.
    Debatable, comics resurrecting characters and doing course correction isn't unheard of, specially if Spider-Verse 2 ends up using a "proper" Ben, and you know how Marvel can be about synergy, a lot of times it sucks, but in this case it could be beneficial lol.

I doubt he's going to die. They turned him into a villain in an attempt to find a role for him while creating a marketable new bad guy. If they wanted to kill him, they would have probably done it in Beyond.
    Well, he wasn't gonna die in Beyond, since that story was about making him evil to begin with, but it's not impossible for him to get killed later if Marvel thinks he's not worth keeping around, well, again...

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    he is our bizarro he must be protected
    Lol, didn't think about that angle.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Do you think he'll stick around or become the Spider-Man of Limbo? I may not like him but I am genuinely curious as to what the Spider-Office plans to do with Spidercide 2.0.

He'll be the Spider-Man of Limbo alright, alongside Kaine .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    LOL! Indeed, indeed...and let's hope it stays that way, eh?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

If he dies now, he'll probably never come back and this will be his legacy, so no thanks.

I doubt he's going to die. They turned him into a villain in an attempt to find a role for him while creating a marketable new bad guy. If they wanted to kill him, they would have probably done it in Beyond.
    Or they could have let him stay dead to begin with.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    It's like the Anti-Green Lantern Rebirth.
    To be fair, Green Lantern Rebirth is also a very poorly plotted story where things happen and characters completely change for little if any reason.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Final guess for the finale! (I'm both on vacation and deathly afraid of spoilers for the omega)

If we're remixing Goblin vs Reilly at the finale of the clone saga, it makes sense to roll out the ol' glider to the back. What we know for certain is:

1) Hallow's Eve\Gold Goblin\Peter make it out fine
    2) Peter keeps wearing the Oscorp suit (per FCBD preview)

I think Norman killing Ben has a low chance of happening. Peter wouldn't watch as his reformed nemesis kills his wayward brother, AND then keep being chummy enough with Norman to wear his duds. Will Norman try is? I think so! In his mind he'd be killing a villain who's too far gone and too dangerous to let loose.

I think Pete will stop Norm from offing Ben. If there's anything constant about Peter, esp in this current age, is that he forgives and grants second chances. Remember him taking a bullet for Norman after he offed Flash? That's the Parker way. Ben and May would be proud.

Peter saving Ben from death should make the latter's heart grow three sizes--at least enough to stop actively looking for ways to hurt Peter.

As for Ben? I think torment in Limbo is likely. It's basically superhero community service lmao (he did kill the guy on Peter's porch). Ben can hand with Rek-rap, who's whole shtick is that being "a" Spider-Man is better than a limbo demon (or neon fluid freak). If anyone can get Ben to put on the hoodie again, that's our guy. Also, he might cross paths with Felicia and MJ! Sky's the limit.

Meanwhile, Janine can spend 5 issues looking for ways into limbo to rescue Ben. Maybe she'll pester Doc Strange? IDK. So far i'm not on board with her mini, but that might change once more solicits, interview and preview pages drop. The talent on that book is good.

It's the "Dawn" issue, y'all. Sun's coming up. Have some faith

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Final guess for the finale! (I'm both on vacation and deathly afraid of spoilers for the omega)

If we're remixing Goblin vs Reilly at the finale of the clone saga, it makes sense to roll out the ol' glider to the back. What we know for certain is:

1) Hallow's Eve\Gold Goblin\Peter make it out fine
    2) Peter keeps wearing the Oscorp suit (per FCBD preview)

I think Norman killing Ben has a low chance of happening. Peter wouldn't watch as his reformed nemesis kills his wayward brother, AND then keep being chummy enough with Norman to wear his duds. Will Norman try is? I think so! In his mind he'd be killing a villain who's too far gone and too dangerous to let loose.

I think Pete will stop Norm from offing Ben. If there's anything constant about Peter, esp in this current age, is that he forgives and grants second chances. Remember him taking a bullet for Norman after he offed Flash? That's the Parker way. Ben and May would be proud.

Peter saving Ben from death should make the latter's heart grow three sizes--at least enough to stop actively looking for ways to hurt Peter.

As for Ben? I think torment in Limbo is likely. It's basically superhero community service lmao (he did kill the guy on Peter's porch). Ben can hand with Rek-rap, who's whole shtick is that being "a" Spider-Man is better than a limbo demon (or neon fluid freak). If anyone can get Ben to put on the hoodie again, that's our guy. Also, he might cross paths with Felicia and MJ! Sky's the limit.

Meanwhile, Janine can spend 5 issues looking for ways into limbo to rescue Ben. Maybe she'll pester Doc Strange? IDK. So far i'm not on board with her mini, but that might change once more solicits, interview and preview pages drop. The talent on that book is good.

It's the "Dawn" issue, y'all. Sun's coming up. Have some faith
    Doctor Strange: Why would I help you when you brought Limbo to New York?

Janine: Yea, we’ll how about how you brought Hell to Las Vegas?

Doctor Strange: Touché.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Debatable, comics resurrecting characters and doing course correction isn't unheard of, specially if Spider-Verse 2 ends up using a "proper" Ben, and you know how Marvel can be about synergy, a lot of times it sucks, but in this case it could be beneficial lol.

Well, he wasn't gonna die in Beyond, since that story was about making him evil to begin with, but it's not impossible for him to get killed later if Marvel thinks he's not worth keeping around, well, again...

Lol, didn't think about that angle.

With a lot of characters, a resurrection and course correction is possible, but Ben is basically a c-list character they don't know what to do with. The odds of a course correction are a lot better if he's alive. If he dies now, he dies as Chasm and his odds of coming back are somewhere between Thunderstrike and the Swordsman.

I also just don't think killing him aligns with their purpose. They want a cool-looking villain to market. I doubt they're going to kill him. I'm not saying this because I have any faith in them, just that it doesn't really serve them in any way. They want to make Chasm a thing and if and when they change their mind, they'll probably just course-correct while he's still alive.

Astonishing Member

With a lot of characters, a resurrection and course correction is possible, but Ben is basically a c-list character they don't know what to do with. The odds of a course correction are a lot better if he's alive. If he dies now, he dies as Chasm and his odds of coming back are somewhere between Thunderstrike and the Swordsman.

I also just don't think killing him aligns with their purpose. They want a cool-looking villain to market. I doubt they're going to kill him. I'm not saying this because I have any faith in them, just that it doesn't really serve them in any way. They want to make Chasm a thing and if and when they change their mind, they'll probably just course-correct while he's still alive.
    If they want to make Chasm a villain he needs at least a proper motivation and goal. The current situation is too goofy and contrived.

Yeah, I can't say Chasm has been all that successful as far as new villains go.

I dunno about them probably keeping him dead. D-Man is definitely at least C-list and he’s been brought back to life like twice in the past few years after being killed off. So even if they did kill him, there’s at least some hope.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I dunno about them probably keeping him dead. D-Man is definitely at least C-list and he’s been brought back to life like twice in the past few years after being killed off. So even if they did kill him, there’s at least some hope.
    I reckon Ben can sell better than say say, Monica Rambeau. The problem is the amount of unnecesary workshopping Editorial seems to be doing with him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Or they could have let him stay dead to begin with.
    It's a little bit late for that now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    If they want to make Chasm a villain he needs at least a proper motivation and goal. The current situation is too goofy and contrived.
    It's been badly done, no doubt. That's not the point of what I'm saying, though. I'm saying what Marvel is intending to do and why I doubt they'll kill Ben because that wouldn't really align with what their ideas are. I didn't say it was good. It's a terrible story, but that isn't relevant to what I'm talking about.