Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I've had my issues with the execution of Duggan's issues, but it's the Zeb Wells/Ben Reilly plot that's really dragging this story down, beyond the fact that it feels like none of this should have really happened to begin with.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah . . .
    Still though...sigh...it was kind of wasted on this event.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've had my issues with the execution of Duggan's issues, but it's the Zeb Wells/Ben Reilly plot that's really dragging this story down, beyond the fact that it feels like none of this should have really happened to begin with.
    It’s not his fault but Ben Reilly is the worst thing that ever happened in comics.

That, Azrael and The Death of Supermsn would have killed comics on just about any other era.

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    It’s not his fault but Ben Reilly is the worst thing that ever happened in comics.

That, Azrael and The Death of Supermsn would have killed comics on just about any other era.
    It's still his fault for writing Ben so poorly though.

Even if we ignore Ben, the way he's been treating Spidey and MJ is not doing him any favors, having Spidey beg to fucking Norman for help...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Extraordinary Member

Rek-Rap is the best thing to come out of this nonsense.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Nothing of this event was of use, of impact or importance, it was all a huge waste of time and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Nothing of this event was of use, of impact or importance, it was all a huge waste of time and effort.
    It’s not over yet! There’s still hope!

Oh who am I kidding?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Tell me that the bottom panel of Scott's visor doesn't look like a cheesecake closeup shot of someone's booty. Look at it from the right side. I was like, "this art is salacious. Is Frank Choi on this?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Tell me that the bottom panel of Scott's visor doesn't look like a cheesecake closeup shot of someone's booty. Look at it from the right side. I was like, "this art is salacious. Is Frank Choi on this?"
    Lmao I didn't know WTF that was supposed to be but it looks like you described.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I've been reading this weekly, but I don't know why they decided to go this route at all.

I mean this is one of the weirdest crossovers ever.

You could have bet me a million dollars that we would see Maddie & Ben team up and I would have lost that bet.

"Limbo is a wilderness of pain! I won't apologise that your world saw a small fraction of it!" Are they trying to redeem Madelyne or not?
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Am I alone in wincing when Maddie points at Spidey and says YOUR CLONE.... ?

Does that feel odd to anyone else, given HER life experience and all the controversy around identity and agency?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Am I alone in wincing when Maddie points at Spidey and says YOUR CLONE.... ?

Does that feel odd to anyone else, given HER life experience and all the controversy around identity and agency?
    Madelyne basically just became Jean Grey 2.0 in this event.

I doubt any writers have thought anything through when it comes to Dark Web.

They should de-Jean her. Have Masque change her appearance or The Five make a new body for her.

Have Jean , Maddy, and Cable merge memories.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I would sincerely love to see some dialogue exchanged between Maddie and Nathan. And I'd love for Hope to be there too.
    I dunno that she should have to alter herself physically to further distance herself from the connection to Jean. I'd actually prefer they interact more after this. Check in on each other. But I can also understand why they might not want to.