Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I thought a different new character was using the Binary name now?
    An energy being that looked like the original Binary, right?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

I'm picking this up for that Lim art.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I wonder if Marvel will be bold enough to start a Warlock family Vision-style and named the sons Cain, Abel and Seth?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I wonder if Marvel will be bold enough to start a Warlock family Vision-style and named the sons Cain, Abel and Seth?
    I hope not....

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

So, does this mean the Hive created a whole harem for Him who became Warlock?

The Genesis of Planet Warlock?

Perhaps they should match her with Greg Pak's Adam Warlock.

Ugh..no more families.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    So, does this mean the Hive created a whole harem for Him who became Warlock?
    Technically, Paragon wasn't created to be Adam's mate, which is why Adam initially went around trying to find his own mate and ran afoul of Thor, when he tried to caveman Sif into being his mate. But at some point, Paragon realized that its "ideal purpose" was to be Adam's mate and procreate a new species. It's not clear if that purpose reflects the Enclave's programming or the conclusion of Paragon's AI. It wouldn't surprise me if the Enclave intended at some point to make a female version...although if the Enclave had the means to mass produce them, why would they bother with normal biological reproduction as the best way to grow the species?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Technically, Paragon wasn't created to be Adam's mate, which is why Adam initially went around trying to find his own mate and ran afoul of Thor, when he tried to caveman Sif into being his mate. But at some point, Paragon realized that its "ideal purpose" was to be Adam's mate and procreate a new species. It's not clear if that purpose reflects the Enclave's programming or the conclusion of Paragon's AI. It wouldn't surprise me if the Enclave intended at some point to make a female version...although if the Enclave had the means to mass produce them, why would they bother with normal biological reproduction as the best way to grow the species?
    Hmmn....I thought the Enclave did create HER to be HIM's mate (now Adam Warlock)? Of course, she did not just immediately fly to Adam, and each had their own adventures. But HER did seem "programmed" to want to mate with him from what I remember?

The Enclave seemed to have much difficulty creating both HIM and HER, that took them long periods of time to do, which is why they prolly never massed-produced them or even created any others. In addition, they might have figured that their 2 creations could produce however many offspring that they wanted to create that new race of beings.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The Hulk/Strange story where Paragon first shows up had the Enclave create Paragon as a second attempt as Him.

Can't believe Paragon changed themselves into a woman cuz they wanted a booty call.
    "Cable was right!"

I used to ponder why HER/KISMET never had an "EVE WITCH" derivative name phase (because #effthepatriarchy), so this EVE WARLOCK tickles me in a special way.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hmmn....I thought the Enclave did create HER to be HIM's mate (now Adam Warlock)? Of course, she did not just immediately fly to Adam, and each had their own adventures. But HER did seem "programmed" to want to mate with him from what I remember?

The Enclave seemed to have much difficulty creating both HIM and HER, that took them long periods of time to do, which is why they prolly never massed-produced them or even created any others. In addition, they might have figured that their 2 creations could produce however many offspring that they wanted to create that new race of beings.
    The Enclave created Paragon. But Paragon was created in what appeared to be a fully male form. So back in the cocoon it went. What emerged was Her, in full bombshell/brickhouse female form. She was hellbent on finding Adam to become his mate and even had the power to resurrect his physical form. Unfortunately, Warlock's spiritual essence was in the Soul Gem, so the story ended there for Her.

From there it gets murky for me, because I am told that Her would later go back into the cocoon and emerge as Ayesha. If true, then Paragon>Her/Kismet>Ayesha is the progression. I would leave that intact and make Eve a separate entity.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    The Enclave created Paragon. But Paragon was created in what appeared to be a fully male form. So back in the cocoon it went. What emerged was Her, in full bombshell/brickhouse female form. She was hellbent on finding Adam to become his mate and even had the power to resurrect his physical form. Unfortunately, Warlock's spiritual essence was in the Soul Gem, so the story ended there for Her.

From there it gets murky for me, because I am told that Her would later go back into the cocoon and emerge as Ayesha. If true, then Paragon>Her/Kismet>Ayesha is the progression. I would leave that intact and make Eve a separate entity.
    I'm not sure we got much explanation of the AYESHA incarnation and redesign beyond it being a creative whim of Claremont and Larocca in FANTASTIC FOUR #11. I'm not sure the name nor Intergalactic Fredricks of Cosmos lingerie appearance stuck in subsequent appearances.
    Marvel fandom profile of Paragon/Her/J'Ridia Starduster/Kismet/Ayesha
    Last edited by Thirteen; 02-07-2023 at 12:24 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I used to ponder why HER/KISMET never had an "EVE WITCH" derivative name phase (because #effthepatriarchy), so this EVE WARLOCK tickles me in a special way.
    It's probably too difficult for them to come up with a feminine version of "warlock" without using the obvious. I probably would have gone with something like "Presage" even though it sounds a little too X-men-ish or Haruspex, even though that sounds more like something you'd find in a Harry Potter book. But at least they didn't go with anything like Evocatrix, Harridan, Termagant, the Golden Magi, Doctor Enchantress or Captain Warlock.

Edit: And for the record, I think I'll just call them "Herlock" for now.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 02-07-2023 at 03:39 PM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin