Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

You know Kori's been in Blue Beetle: Graduation Day? It's being continued as an ongoing. And she'll remain in the cast.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/04/25/da...c-blue-beetle/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You know Kori's been in Blue Beetle: Graduation Day? It's being continued as an ongoing. And she'll remain in the cast.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/04/25/da...c-blue-beetle/
    Looks like they're even giving her a new costume. Again .

Looking at the hair, it's supposed to be the one from Taylor's Titans? Maybe it was an alternate from the concept art? In which case it should be corrected before publication. They have time as it won't even be solicited for two months yet.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Ditto!

That dialogue is so god-awfully written and cringe-inducing that whoever wrote it should do the honorable thing and commit seppuku. At the very least they should cut their own hands off so they never write anything that embarrassing again. This entire cartoon somes up why Nightwing and Starfire must NEVER get back together (that and so I never, EVER hear anybody whine about "why won't DC bring Nightstar in the DCU?" again).

Incredible Member

Nice, but never been a fan of the no pupil and iris look.

Same with Storm.

Always felt the solid color should be reflected only when they are actively using their powers.

Astonishing Member

For me George Perez is the best to ever do it, and his rendition of Kory always had her on my Mt. Rushmore of beautiful women of DC, I fully understood lusty Garth in the NTT days. I ask who else is the best artist at capturing the beauty and majesty of Starfire? What are you guys favorite images of her by other artists?

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    For me George Perez is the best to ever do it, and his rendition of Kory always had her on my Mt. Rushmore of beautiful women of DC, I fully understood lusty Garth in the NTT days.
    I know, right?! Truly Legendary (IMHO):

I ask who else is the best artist at capturing the beauty and majesty of Starfire? What are you guys favorite images of her by other artists?
    Aside from George Pérez, these would be My Top (3) Three choices:

• Tom Grummett

• Ed Benes

• Scott McDaniel

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-27-2023 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Astonishing Member

Grummett was incredible and perfect follow up to Perez on the Titans. Jimenez was very Perez-like but I didn't enjoy his Titans in general and Kory in particular as much as Grummett

That's some amazing Starfire art .

Spectacular Member

Grummett was incredible and perfect follow up to Perez on the Titans. Jimenez was very Perez-like but I didn't enjoy his Titans in general and Kory in particular as much as Grummett
    I wouldn't say Grummett is one of my favourite artists, but I always associate him with the Titans because I started reading with Titans Hunt. He does an awesome Kory!

I really like Jose Luis Garcia Lopez's version too, he gave her a big Barbarella vibe.

I also really miss Kory's stupidly big hair and the way Perez drew her starbolts, it's always disappointing when comic book characters start off with really distinctive looks that get watered down over time.

After the general gasp! at Starfire’s new TITANS hairstyle under Nicola Scott’s (etc) pen has settled, is there a consensus on #thebraid yet?

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Titans #1 cover variant Nathan Szerdy
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-30-2023 at 07:15 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Mike McKone's Starfire was also pretty good! After Perez, Grummett and Jiminez would probably be my #2 and #3 though.

And he didn't do it often, but when he did John Byrne also drew a fantastic Kori:

Last edited by Uncanny X-Man; 04-30-2023 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    After the general gasp! at Starfire’s new TITANS hairstyle under Nicola Scott’s (etc) pen has settled, is there a consensus on #thebraid yet?

It's different. I'm so used to her hair being free and loose that it's hard for me to 100% accept it even though it doesn't look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    this hair is better than the other two.