Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Me neither!

you know, one thing I have pondered in the past, but never really tried asking about.....

It's one of the many, many things about "I am not Starfire" that bugged me, but was relatively minor in terms of awkward questions....

how may comics have actually showed descendants of Kommand'r? We have characters like Nightstar as descendants of Koriand'r, but... What of Kommand'r? It just kinda makes sense to me that if you're gonna write a book with teen kids of former Teen Titans, that you have counterparts to fight them... Kingdom Come even had Starfire's GRAND kids. No mention of Kommand'r that I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    you know, one thing I have pondered in the past, but never really tried asking about.....

It's one of the many, many things about "I am not Starfire" that bugged me, but was relatively minor in terms of awkward questions....

how may comics have actually showed descendants of Kommand'r? We have characters like Nightstar as descendants of Koriand'r, but... What of Kommand'r? It just kinda makes sense to me that if you're gonna write a book with teen kids of former Teen Titans, that you have counterparts to fight them... Kingdom Come even had Starfire's GRAND kids. No mention of Kommand'r that I've seen.
    He did show up in Marc Andreyko's Supergirl run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He did show up in Marc Andreyko's Supergirl run.
    He? who are you talking about? Kommand'r? Kommand'r is Starfire's sister Blackfire.

What I was pondering is whether any story has had Blackfire's kids in it.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

A playful slap on the backside.

Slapping.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

I always thought that Mandy should have been revealed as Kommand'r's daughter because she could have inherited Kommandr's abilities by skipping a generation also her name 'Mandy' could have been anglicized from 'Kommand'r.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    I always thought that Mandy should have been revealed as Kommand'r's daughter because she could have inherited Kommandr's abilities by skipping a generation also her name 'Mandy' could have been anglicized from 'Kommand'r.
    Yeah it comes across as if Starfire named her for her sister, which is... weird but possible. But Kori has always wanted her sister to be friends with her, even after everything.

The other issue there is that we have no idea who Mandy's father is. But as you say she does look more like Kommand'r. Either way she's extremely short for a Tamaranean.

Stunning Starfire !

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    I'm still rooting for these two!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Why would we today try to put earth stuff in alien cultures?
    The massive hair like the Tamaraneans had wasn't quite a thing in 80/81 like it was later in the 80s.... As others have mentioned, it probably more attributed to the fact that she was visually the Titans' version of Storm from the X-Men, who had massive hair.

Also, it stemmed from their hair being so curly. Ryand' r and others who had shorter hair didn't have the massive locks.

Perez just applied her look to her people, much the way. Durlans gave orange skin , pointed ears, antennae.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm still rooting for these two!
    Ditto!

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-23-2023 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Ditto!

Considering he never got back with Babs, this very well could have happened!