Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

The preview art for the Steelworks miniseries shows Lana as Superwoman in brief flashbacks. And the synopsis suggest Lana will obviously appear in the series since she’s Steel’s girlfriend.

She's got her powers back!

STEELWORKS #5
    Written by MICHAEL DORN

Art by SAMI BASRI

Cover by RAFA SANDOVAL

Variant cover by DIEGO LATORRE

1:25 variant cover by ALEXANDER LOZANO

$3.99 US | 32 pages | 5 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)

ON SALE 10/24/23

THE PENULTIMATE CHAPTER HAS ARRIVED!

Our heroes brace for impact as a startling new weapon emerges from deep beneath Hob's Bay to wreak havoc on Metropolis! As the fight for the future of the city nears its shocking final showdown, Steel and Superwoman's combined powers—and their engagement—will be tested like never before!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

STEELWORKS #5
    Written by MICHAEL DORN

Art by SAMI BASRI

Cover by RAFA SANDOVAL

ON SALE 10/24/23

Our heroes brace for impact as a startling new weapon emerges from deep beneath Hob's Bay to wreak havoc on Metropolis! As the fight for the future of the city nears its shocking final showdown, Steel and Superwoman's combined powers—and their engagement—will be tested like never before!
    Saw it! Great for Lana. Happy for the S family to have a permanent Superwoman!

You know. It actually makes more sense for the October Supergirl Special synopsis to say Kara feels redundant, not just with Powergirl, but with Powergirl, Natasha, Hawkgirl AND Superwoman all in Metropolis.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 08-15-2023 at 12:09 PM.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

STEELWORKS #5
    Written by MICHAEL DORN

Art by SAMI BASRI

Cover by RAFA SANDOVAL

ON SALE 10/24/23

Why does Steel look 12? Why does Powergirl and Steel have jackets? Who decided for this to be a thing? So, Lana still has her New52 origins or whatever? If you wouldn't have told me that's Lana Lang, I would've thought she was some version of Starfire dressed as a Superman character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Why does Steel look 12? Why does Powergirl and Steel have jackets? Who decided for this to be a thing? So, Lana still has her New52 origins or whatever? If you wouldn't have told me that's Lana Lang, I would've thought she was some version of Starfire dressed as a Superman character.
    That’s Natasha Irons, not John Henry Irons.
    John Henry Irons is presumably in the mega power ranger mech in the background.
    When Lana Powers up, her skin changes into that color.

Oh right, Lana is using the Superman Red look.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    That’s Natasha Irons, not John Henry Irons.
    John Henry Irons is presumably in the mega power ranger mech in the background.
    When Lana Powers up, her skin changes into that color.
    I thought they were running from the mecha. Well, thanks for the explanations.

I thought they were running from the mecha. Well, thanks for the explanations.
    Yeah, the cover is a bit hard to read. Why is the mecha breaking the boardwalk? i dunno.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Has Lana been drinking Gingold? Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Lana's New 52 origin was negated when New 52 Lois and Clark merged with their pre-Flashpoint counterparts (due to New 52 Superman's death no longer happening). Lana retained her powers for a while but they faded away when her book was cancelled. I assume John Henry was somehow able to restore them.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Lana's New 52 origin was negated when New 52 Lois and Clark merged with their pre-Flashpoint counterparts (due to New 52 Superman's death no longer happening). Lana retained her powers for a while but they faded away when her book was cancelled. I assume John Henry was somehow able to restore them.
    But how are they saying she got them now?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Not answer yet. But for me, is akin with the Jackpot situation at the Spider-man comics. I am not a friend of transform every character related to a superhero in a superhero or supervillian.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Not answer yet. But for me, is akin with the Jackpot situation at the Spider-man comics. I am not a friend of transform every character related to a superhero in a superhero or supervillian.

Me either,come.off like a CW hero show to me.

But I also want Linda Danvers amd cir-el back at the same time.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Me either,come.off like a CW hero show to me.

But I also want Linda Danvers amd cir-el back at the same time.
    Yeah, haivng actual supporting cast works better if you have people to be the allies who aren't super

Extraordinary Member

The answer is in the data page in the back of Steelworks #2.
    From Lana’s perspective, an alternate universe Superman and Lois came to Prime Earth. Alternate Superman exploded in front of Lana and alternate Lois, giving them both powers. Alternate Lois, as Superwoman, then was blown by the Bizarress, leaving Lana the only powered Superwoman.