Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Infinity Inc Appreciation 2023

INC 2.jpgi know some of these characters are going to be in the new JSA book but i've always been a fan of Fury.Brain Wave jr.and the Silver Scarab and would love to see them again.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I really hope we see the return of Infinity Inc in 2023!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I do love this team... With Earth Two still existing, it would be amazing too see them in action again!
    ...with a proper Earth Two Huntress!

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I really hope we see the return of Infinity Inc in 2023!
    I can see the name returning, but I doubt it'd be with the original group. Several of them are now in the main JSA. It would make sense for Stargirl to use the name if she forms her own team with some of the Lost Children, should they remain stuck in 2023.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They are a cool concept. I wished they were the stars of Robinson's Earth 2 back in the day. I thought about using them as the gap generation between the JSA and JLA. They should be the heroes of the 70s and 80s while the JLA are the 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I can see the name returning, but I doubt it'd be with the original group. Several of them are now in the main JSA. It would make sense for Stargirl to use the name if she forms her own team with some of the Lost Children, should they remain stuck in 2023.
    I see this happening too.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-28-2023 at 07:25 AM.

Astonishing Member

Lazarus Planet gave away Powergirls post TNGA origin.

Boisterously Confused

Yeah, Digifiend has probably got it right. InfInc is like the Teen Titans in having too many of its members kicked upstairs or their histories dinked. We can only hope what we get will be good. It won't be the original we'd like.

But they are in the New Earth after Crisis, even had a cross with Titans. What happened after?

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    But they are in the New Earth after Crisis, even had a cross with Titans. What happened after?
    IIRC, they just went into limbo after Millennium.
    They appeared in it alongside both the Titans and the Outsiders.

The Outsiders were cancelled with their Millennium crossover issues, while Infinity, Inc. would go another six issues before being cancelled.
    This would make Crisis on Infinite Earths and Millennium become the only two DCU events that all four of the Baxter titles (Infinity, Inc., Titans, Legion and Outsiders) would be involved in together.
    (Unless you count Convergence.)

Nuklon and Obsidian would later join the JLA during Zero Hour.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    After Infinity Inc got was cancelled, they got spread out in the early to late 90s until most of them showed up in 1999 JSA in some capacity. Hector and Lyta got used in Sandman. Todd and Al got used in post Zero Hour JLA. Jennie got used in the Bloodpack mini and then GL. Hank got used in Extreme Justice. Beth and Yolanda got used in the Eclipso book only to die in that book. I don't think Rick showed up anywhere until the 1999 Hourman book and 1999 JSA, and I don't think Norda showed up at all until Black Reign. Even Mr Bones got used in the 1998 Chase book.

The Infinitors were hurt by COIE in that their special quality of being the next generation of Earth Two heroes was gone and they were just another teen team. Selling the team became more difficult when they blend into the general population much better.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Really used to like Infinity Inc. Of course, the book was much better when it foccused on the original premise, of it being the heirs of the JSA, sort of like the Earth 2 Teen Titans. Unfortunately, that only lasted less than 20 issues, before COIE's wiped out Eart 2 and stuck everyone in the same Earth. In fact, the ten issues Generations saga was really the only story arc that fully captalized on this idea (still think it was a shame that DC never released the second vol of the HC collection of that storyline). Still, I enjoyed Infinity Inc during much of its run. Really liked most of the characters.

I'd be fine with that. It would also symbolic that Stargirl, the inheritor of the Star Spangled Kid ID, would be the founder and leader of the new version, when Sylvester was the leader and founder of the original team.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    IIRC, they just went into limbo after Millennium.
    They appeared in it alongside both the Titans and the Outsiders.

The Outsiders were cancelled with their Millennium crossover issues, while Infinity, Inc. would go another six issues before being cancelled.
    The cancelation of Infinity Inc seemed like something that was not planned ahead, with the book just having introduced a new artist (Micheal Bair) and a new path for the team with the demise of team leader Skyman (a waste, IMHO. Sylvester never really got a chance to shine in the book. I wonder if Roy Thomas actually liked him). Then, suddenly, this was used as an excuse to disband the team, even though you still had plenty of members around, and even Sylvester's heir and substitute leader man, Brain Wave Jr, was there to pick up the load.

Nuklon and Obsidian would later join the JLA during Zero Hour.
    And they were, IMHO, completely unrecognizable, so I prefer to just forget that.

Peace

Astonishing Member

I think it would be cool to reintroduce the team with the same characters -- but new versions with no connection to the previous team (that may or may not be part of current continuity). I'd play on the name and have them travel to troubled spots in the time continuum. Lyta Trevor would not be the Lyta Hall who was in Sandman -- so no bitching from the Sandman office.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    Even Mr Bones got used in the 1998 Chase book.
    Highly recommend getting the CHASE tpb. Great art by J.H. Williams of Batwoman fame -- and got writing as well. Chase was never as interesting as she was in this series. Oh, and the Justice Experience was an insanely interesting concept that should have gotten more page time. Ostrander later used them in his Martian Manhunter series.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The Infinitors were hurt by COIE in that their special quality of being the next generation of Earth Two heroes was gone and they were just another teen team. Selling the team became more difficult when they blend into the general population much better.
    Yeah, they were essentially Earth-2's Teen Titans, so they lost their unique selling point when they ended up co-existing in the same world as the then-phenomenally popular New Teen Titans team (it was DC's best selling title, and except for Donna and Lilith needing new origins because Wonder Woman's reboot invalidated their old ones, was mostly unaffected by Crisis).

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I'd be fine with that. It would also symbolic that Stargirl, the inheritor of the Star Spangled Kid ID, would be the founder and leader of the new version, when Sylvester was the leader and founder of the original team.
    Good point, all the more reason to do it. Courtney's one of DC's few teen heroes not to have been a Teen Titan (even in New 52 when the JSA didn't exist she was a Justice Leaguer instead), it just makes sense that she'd go with a JSA connected equivalent instead.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-30-2023 at 12:55 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman