Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

I wear my fanfare for Power Girl on my sleeve. Of the original Infinitors, I was a fan of Jade since my introduction in one of DC's in-house ads. I was initially giddy to see her appear in the pages of Green Lantern but was soon turned off by how she and the former GLs were treated in Kyle Rayner's one-horse town. Hector Hall fared better (for a time) as Dr. Fate.

I'd be very interested in a book where the Infinitors are given their due as the heirs apparent to the JSAers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    I'd be very interested in a book where the Infinitors are given their due as the heirs apparent to the JSAers.
    Thing is that the Infinitors have for the most part all become JSA members during the 2000s, and the same goes for basically all Earth 2 legacy characters that were younger than them (and some even joined the JLA).

Going back to Infinity Inc. would be a downgrade for most of these characters.

Yeah. I've only read that more recent stuff and do like the characters, but I don't see them reforming as their own team. Not when some of them have been in the JSA and JLA, and some of them will probably be in the current JSA once the story reaches the present day, which will happen next issue. Doesn't mean the brand has to stay dormant though. As was mentioned earlier, the original team was formed by the Star Spangled Kid. So it makes sense for the modern one, Stargirl, to revive the brand, with all those recently introduced JSA-adjacent teen heroes. Suggesting that the original team reform as Infinity Inc is like suggesting that Wally West should revert back to Kid Flash.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Technically after Infinity Inc ended, a new incarnation of the team was formed under the leadership of Lex Luthor for the Superhuman project during the '52' event. But once his plan had been foiled by Steel and his niece, those newbies eventually ran into a lot of problems including having trouble controlling their powers and its misuses. Also, these teams have also involved themselves during the Black Adam war but choose to remain flee.

After the JSA divided, Courtney and the rest of the young heroes of legacy JSA have a formed a team under the leadership of Power Girl. It's basically like 'Infinity Inc' but actually just another Titan equivalent to JSA.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Thing is that the Infinitors have for the most part all become JSA members during the 2000s, and the same goes for basically all Earth 2 legacy characters that were younger than them (and some even joined the JLA).

Going back to Infinity Inc. would be a downgrade for most of these characters.
    Let's not forget that Atom Smasher, Hourman and Obsidian only rise to popularity when they joined the Justice Society team. So yeah. Even in mainstream media, Atom-Smasher is pretty much the most adaption for any appearances.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    As was mentioned earlier, the original team was formed by the Star Spangled Kid. So it makes sense for the modern one, Stargirl, to revive the brand, with all those recently introduced JSA-adjacent teen heroes.
    But even she and the adjacent heros I van thin about have all been members of the JSA, and Star Gild was even on an Justice League team during the new 52.

I mean they could for a new Inifinity Inc. out of her current series, but I think even if they do that they go likely with something that has JSA in the name since Inifinity Inc. just doesn't have much name recognition.
    Even "Young All Stars" might be a better pick for a name.

Loved this group of heroes and their relationship to the JSA. Had things been done better they’d have been a great counterpoint to the Titans and I’d have loved to see more crossovers and relationship-building between the two teams… but, we got what we got post-Crisis.

Now that the DCU is new again, I’d love to see their return - especially Fury. I always like the fact that the next generation of the Trinity on Earth Two was Huntress, Power Girl and Fury, even though they didn’t do a lot with it at the time.

It’s no5 too late though… if we can have a Damian Wayne, Jon Kent and new version of Helena Wayne, we can certainly have Lyta Trevor and the rest of 5he Infinitors somehow.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Let's not forget that Atom Smasher, Hourman and Obsidian only rise to popularity when they joined the Justice Society team. So yeah. Even in mainstream media, Atom-Smasher is pretty much the most adaption for any appearances.
    Atom Smasher and Obsidian was part of the Justice League before JSA. They were already pretty big. And frankly Obsidian didn't do much in JSA other than being a villain serving Mordru. Atom Smasher was already somewhat prominent before then. I even remember having a trading card him as a kid.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Atom Smasher and Obsidian was part of the Justice League before JSA. They were already pretty big. Atom Smasher was already somewhat prominent before then. I even remember having a trading card him as a kid.
    But his first appearance is JLU. And there he is Atom Smasher first instead of being a 'Nuklon'.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Lazarus Planet gave away Powergirls post TNGA origin.
    What do you mean? What happened?

Interesting to see the creative evolution of that pre-superstardom Todd McFarlane. He played with layouts in a way that hinted at his later work.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Interesting to see the creative evolution of that pre-superstardom Todd McFarlane. He played with layouts in a way that hinted at his later work.

Yes, McFarlane always worked a lot on innovating page design and not so much on his figure work or even on detailed backgrounds. It was only when he went to Marvel, more specifically on Spider-Man, although you could see some of this in Hulk, that he started to really incorporate over the top figure work into his designs. In all honesty, quality wise, I won't say Todd is a fantastic artist, but there is no denying that he was innovative and revolutionary.

Peace

I really would like to see these unused character having a chance to shine under the sun. It'd be great to have an Infinity Inc relaunch using characters like Kronus, Black Spectre, Blue Dolphin and Harlequin, among others.

Peace