Fantastic Member

Default Why does Ahsoka Tano attack Mando?

So this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qew9WWSMFTs

annoys the hell out of me. Ahsoka Tano tries to kill Mando without any provocation or warning. This is about as "dark side" as it gets imo. I mean... he's a guy with a baby and Ahsoka just tries to kill him.

I understand Ahsoka Tano is not a "jedi" anymore... but this basically shows her as a ruthless killer. Why do writers put in scenes like this? This is really like the obligatory scene in a comic book when two superheroes fight over a some stupid reason.

I can't get past scenes like this.... I mean I'm supposed to just gloss over the fact that one character tried to slaughter another... now I'm supposed to just move on and think of Ahsoka Tano as a non-villain?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    So this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qew9WWSMFTs

annoys the hell out of me. Ahsoka Tano tries to kill Mando without any provocation or warning. This is about as "dark side" as it gets imo. I mean... he's a guy with a baby and Ahsoka just tries to kill him.

I understand Ahsoka Tano is not a "jedi" anymore... but this basically shows her as a ruthless killer. Why do writers put in scenes like this? This is really like the obligatory scene in a comic book when two superheroes fight over a some stupid reason.

I can't get past scenes like this.... I mean I'm supposed to just gloss over the fact that one character tried to slaughter another... now I'm supposed to just move on and think of Ahsoka Tano as a non-villain?
    Have you just seen the clip or did you actually watch the whole episode?

I'm asking because the context in the whole episode makes the reason for the fight pretty clear. Ashoka is waging a one woman war against this ex-imperial warlord who has at this point sent out all kinds of bounty hunters after her and Djinn is in fact a bounty hunter so Ashoka's instinct that he's there to hunt her is pretty understandable.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Have you just seen the clip or did you actually watch the whole episode?

I'm asking because the context in the whole episode makes the reason for the fight pretty clear. Ashoka is waging a one woman war against this ex-imperial warlord who has at this point sent out all kinds of bounty hunters after her and Djinn is in fact a bounty hunter so Ashoka's instinct that he's there to hunt her is pretty understandable.
    Ah ok. lol! my bad. yeah, I didn't watch the episode. Scene triggered me for some reason. But what you describe makes a lot more sense. Did not know about the one woman war. I thought Ahsoka Tano was just in hiding as a jedi. Still feels very un-jedi like to me... would she just have killed any anyone that happened to be there.... or was it just because he was a Mandalorian, and therefore likely a bounty hunter? Even soldiers are required to identify targets before shooting... so a Jedi going for the kill... ask questions later still feels off to me.
    Last edited by evolutionaryFan; 01-28-2023 at 07:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Ah ok. lol! my bad. yeah, I didn't watch the episode. Scene triggered me for some reason. But what you describe makes a lot more sense. Did not know about the one woman war. I thought Ahsoka Tano was just in hiding as a jedi. Still feels very un-jedi like to me... would she just have killed any anyone that happened to be there.... or was it just because he was a Mandalorian, and therefore likely a bounty hunter? Even soldiers are required to identify targets before shooting... so a Jedi going for the kill... ask questions later still feels off to me.
    The village was pretty much completely under siege from Ashoka, so it was safe to say that anyone leaving the village and entering "her" forest armed was an enemy.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The village was pretty much completely under siege from Ashoka, so it was safe to say that anyone leaving the village and entering "her" forest armed was an enemy.
    makes sense. I should have watched the whole episode.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Ah but Ahsoka is not a Jedi. She trained to be a Jedi but she quit the order before ever going beyond padawan. She may still act like a Jedi some times but she is not bound by their rules

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Ah but Ahsoka is not a Jedi. She trained to be a Jedi but she quit the order before ever going beyond padawan. She may still act like a Jedi some times but she is not bound by their rules
    I have a hard time seeing it that way. The rules become more important than they should have been to the Jedi before their near-annihilation, but I always took their code of behavior as part of the discipline required to commune with the force. The Sith's communion was easier for them because it didn't require as much disciplines of self to respect life, just passion.

Kanan/Caleb from REBELS and CAL from the JEDI video games also never graduated to Knight as their masters were killed during Order 66 but are considered them anyway I think.

Funny thing is we never have really seen the "Trials" mentioned in dialogue in canon. Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Luke pretty much got to skip it for facing Sith lords (presumably Rey as well), and Ashoka's falsely accused criminal trial was considered her actual trial by Plo Koon.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-20-2023 at 10:25 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth