Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Minis, GN's you wanna see?

How about:

Comics from the world of Watchmen?
    This could include - Blake's war adventures (by Larry Hama), right wing rhorscach propaganda comics from the Okie militia, Tom of Finland style homoerotic stories featuring Blake, Dan, Adrian and Dr m. Superhero comics make a comeback with one character a modern day pirate (others?)

And your GN mini ideas?

The Question and Huntress by Ram V. I liked his take on the Question from an earlier anthology. So I wouldn't mind him getting another crack at the character.

Sharif- a quraci refugee follows on Superman's footsteps and becomes a superhero. He's an obscure character so i'd give him the Jace Fox treatment. He'd be perfect for the Zoom/Ink/black label imprints.

Jon and Jordan become Superman red and blue in a tie in for Superman and Lois. They are Teen Jon done better so I thought it was a cool way to use them.

Villiany Inc.- follows WW villians in their latest scheme to get rid of WW.

Livewire- she tries to go straight in DC's version of Better Call Saul.

Orpheus returns from the dead but has no idea how or why.

Yara Flor: Homecoming- her original solo established she was raised by her aunt in Idaho. So having Yara return to Idaho and confront her aunt about the secrets she kept from Yara feels apt.

I'd love a follow up to Warren Ellis's take on the Wild Storm. It would be cool to see payoff to the Gen 13 setup or what Planetary would be like.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-28-2023 at 07:40 AM.

Akila of the Bana-Migdhall as a wizard and scientist.

An elseword story focusing on Roy Harper, Jade Nguyen and Artemis Crock.

In Gilded Age, there is an 19th century vigilante called Runaway who was revealed to be a black woman named Foxworthy. Maybe Narcisse could do a followup with the Fox clan discovering that connection?

Yara has a teamup with Fire from Global Guardians. It explores Brazilian culture.

An elseworlds where Anarky became Robin instead of Tim Drake.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-28-2023 at 10:22 AM.

I'd like to see a series of original graphic novels starring Vixen, in which she has adventures in both America and Zambesi.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The Question and Huntress by Ram V. I liked his take on the Question from an earlier anthology. .
    Ram V wrote the Question??? He's my favourite writer at the moment. His Detective Comic run has been phenomenal.

I mostly like street fighting & Magical heroes so I would also like to see....

1. Question & Huntress.....I would like to see Ram V write them to

2. Black Canary - My favourite heroine/or an ongoing BOP

3. Arsenal (Roy Harper) Were do for one.

4. Connor Hawke- I would really like to see him branch out and become his own character like Nightwing, instead of Green Arrow 2.

5. Zatanna -How I yearn for a new z series.

6. Bronze Tiger (With Richard the Dragon and Lady Shiva co starring)

7. Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) without Booster

8. The Peacemaker - (With such a popular tv show, he deserves more than a dreary one shot....despite being written by a legend in the game; Garth Ennis)

9. Hellblazer/Constantine - Really we should have an ongoing series - How did Hellblazer go from being one of DC's strongest non 6 selling comics at one point and time to....where we are now?

10. El Diablo - He deserves another mini

11. Global Guardians - Been a while

12. Hawk & Dove (Have to have Hank Hall in their as Hawk)

13. Hawkman - (My Hawkman fix won't be quenched until I get an incredible story arch with Gentleman Jim Ghost)

14. Shining Knight (I realize this will never, never, never, ever happen)

15. Grifter - (I've been critical of Jim Lee as DC's director, but as a creator/artist, absolutely phenomenal!)

Extraordinary Member

The Creeper. An updated origin that leans into heavily into crime, hard science, and psychedelia like the Secret Origins issue way back from '87.

I second the Yara Flor mini.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

A Terra series would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Ram V wrote the Question??? He's my favourite writer at the moment. His Detective Comic run has been phenomenal.

I mostly like street fighting & Magical heroes so I would also like to see....

1. Question & Huntress.....I would like to see Ram V write them to

2. Black Canary - My favourite heroine/or an ongoing BOP

3. Arsenal (Roy Harper) Were do for one.

4. Connor Hawke- I would really like to see him branch out and become his own character like Nightwing, instead of Green Arrow 2.

5. Zatanna -How I yearn for a new z series.

6. Bronze Tiger (With Richard the Dragon and Lady Shiva co starring)

7. Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) without Booster

8. The Peacemaker - (With such a popular tv show, he deserves more than a dreary one shot....despite being written by a legend in the game; Garth Ennis)

9. Hellblazer/Constantine - Really we should have an ongoing series - How did Hellblazer go from being one of DC's strongest non 6 selling comics at one point and time to....where we are now?

10. El Diablo - He deserves another mini

11. Global Guardians - Been a while

12. Hawk & Dove (Have to have Hank Hall in their as Hawk)

13. Hawkman - (My Hawkman fix won't be quenched until I get an incredible story arch with Gentleman Jim Ghost)

14. Shining Knight (I realize this will never, never, never, ever happen)

15. Grifter - (I've been critical of Jim Lee as DC's director, but as a creator/artist, absolutely phenomenal!)
    Yeah he wrote it for the Crimes of Passion anthology. John Paul Leon did the art. It was a thing on Twitter for a while. Ram V hinted at using the Question again for Detective Comics run.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Yeah he wrote it for the Crimes of Passion anthology. John Paul Leon did the art. It was a thing on Twitter for a while. Ram V hinted at using the Question again for Detective Comics run.
    Fantastic, thank you.

Hoping that Vic pops up in DC after Ram V wraps up his werewolf story arch.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Fantastic, thank you.

Hoping that Vic pops up in DC after Ram V wraps up his werewolf story arch.
    https://www.cbr.com/the-question-dan...es-of-passion/

Here's an old preview.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    How about:

Comics from the world of Watchmen?
    This could include - Blake's war adventures (by Larry Hama), right wing rhorscach propaganda comics from the Okie militia, Tom of Finland style homoerotic stories featuring Blake, Dan, Adrian and Dr m. Superhero comics make a comeback with one character a modern day pirate (others?)

And your GN mini ideas?
    I loved Watchmen's 2019 tv show so I'm cool with a Sister Knight or Looking Glass miniseries. I don't mind the Doomsday Clock additions so I don't mind exploring them further.

I wanted a spinoff called JSA Rebels. It's based on Huntress trying to reform the JSA with ex-criminals like Gentlemen Ghost and Solomon Grundy and legacies like Harlequin II and The MIST IV.

A follow-up to God's and Monsters. Hernan and Kirk deal with recruiting for a new Justice League while Bekka and Lex Luthor deal with 4th World politics.

Duke Thomas teams up with Detective Chimp.

I'm bored of Tim Drake's current direction. So I'd have him go to Ivy Town University as that pays off a letter he got in Tynion's run. He'll get a new ID at the end but I'm not sure what yet. Him continuing to be Robin doesn't appeal.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-29-2023 at 10:11 AM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Oooh, I'll play!

1. Green Lantern: Honor Guard - Guy Gardner & Kyle Rayner partners putting out fires across ALL sectors.
    2. Flash Family - Second Flash title highlighting the West clan & other speedsters in the DCU
    3. Arsenal - Single dad, super-hero and head of the new Checkmate.
    4. Infinity Inc. - Stargirl & the re-introduced sidekicks tutored by the original members
    5. Connor Hawke - Connor & Mia together taking down the Monkey Clan
    6. Jonah Hex: Bounty Hunter - Because he's f*****g awesome that's why!
    7. Legion of Super-Heroes - Super powered kids from across the galaxy brought together to protect the citizens of the United Planets
    8. Secret Six - Scandal, Knockout, Bane, Catman, Ragdoll and Deadshot just being the bastards they are
    9. Hellblazer - John in the darkest corners of the DCU. The hero of his own story.
    10. Darkstars - I found the Darkstars more interesting than their GL counterparts. We need more than one 'police force' in the universe.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Akila of the Bana-Migdhall as a wizard and scientist.

An elseword story focusing on Roy Harper, Jade Nguyen and Artemis Crock.
    Any world in which Cheshire and Artemis have any relationship whatsoever is by definition an Elseworlds story.

And while DC probably isn't in decent enough shape behind the scenes editorially to pull it off successfully, I'd love a modern version of WHO'S WHO.
    Last edited by Timber Wolf-By-Night; 01-29-2023 at 12:22 AM.

Astonishing Member

I've always wanted to see some follow up on the world from 'Tec # 500 ("To Kill a Legend"), in which Thomas and Martha Wayne were saved by the Earth 1 Batman and Robin, but young Bruce is inspired by this event to become Batman himself when he grows up. I think the idea of a Bruce who grows up with both parents but still ends up becoming Batman is a fascinating one worth exploring. Then there's also the fact that this world wouldn't have any other superheroes (at least not any superpowered ones) which has some interesting implications. This could be a miniseries, or even a digital-first ongoing.

I'd love to see an Elseworlds/Black Label miniseries with Power Girl, but set in a universe where its Power Girl who arrives on earth in the 30's and makes her debut in 1938, rather than Superman. And then play out that alternate history across the decades. How different would the world be if Power Girl, and not Superman, was the first superhero? How would the real-world history of WW2, the Cold War and everything after that play out? How would the legacy of the JSA play out?

I'd do something with Equinox. She's an archeology student who wants to restore some of her tribe's history and culture.

The Superfriends characters (Samurai, Apache Chief, El Dorado) would make it into the comics but differently.

Wind Dragon is a Japanese American superhero with a cocky personality. He struggles to bond with his daughter after his divorce. But her getting Chi based superpowers presents the ultimate bonding opportunity.

El Dorado is a Mexican superhero struggling to be a teen idol and balancing his relationship with Impulse.

LongShadow is a former teen delinquent dealing with his new responsibilities as the so called champion of Apache.

Dr. Midnite gets a miniseries exploring his failed relationship with Hippolyta and his role in the civil rights movement.

Iron Munro, Flying Fox and Fury should've been involved with Robinson's Earth 2. So I'd do a miniseries reincorporating them back into the DCU.

Infinity Inc would be revealed as the heroes of 80s and 90s.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-29-2023 at 10:34 AM.