Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Captain America vs Lady Deathstrike

Movie versions of both.

I think Cap gets cut up badly. Film Wolverine barely survived, and IIRC, he had to use surrounding tech to defeat her (injected her with liquid adamantium).

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

True enough. She was healing as fast as Wolverine was hurting her, and showing some pretty impressive strength.

Really not liking Captain America’s odds here.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Didn't MCU Steve take a shot to the stomach from a Chitauri weapon and keep going like nothing happened?

Sure.

There's some argument for PIS and such with that, given what we saw Chitauri weapons do, but let's say it's valid. Unless we're arguing that he can continue to do that, over and over again, and just keep shrugging it off (when other stuff has been shown to debilitate him, he's not immune to being cut, he has blood and organs and so forth that he needs in order to function), then sooner or later the injuries start to pile up.

Whereas Deathstrike? Nope. She just keeps regenerating.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    True enough. She was healing as fast as Wolverine was hurting her, and showing some pretty impressive strength.

Really not liking Captain America’s odds here.
    I went back and looked at the fight and good lord was Deathstrike stronger than I recalled.

Hurling Wolverine like 15 feet in the air vertically, throwing him so he flies parallel to the ground for a good 20 feet or so before colliding with a concrete pillar with enough for to take a chunk out of it; that's wild.

Yeah, Steve is really not gonna like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I went back and looked at the fight and good lord was Deathstrike stronger than I recalled.

Hurling Wolverine like 15 feet in the air vertically, throwing him so he flies parallel to the ground for a good 20 feet or so before colliding with a concrete pillar with enough for to take a chunk out of it; that's wild.

Yeah, Steve is really not gonna like this.
    Absolutely. She's ridiculously strong. We can argue whether or not she's capable of fully matching Cap with strength - probably not - but she's easily strong enough not to simply get overwhelmed and choked out or something like that by him, especially when she has those claws (Steve trying to choke someone out who is at least strong enough to make a fight of it and who also has adamantium claws on all fingers seems to be a very poor idea).

And her regen is utterly insane. Wounds pretty much do nothing to her, barely slowing her down at all.
    Why are we here?

Jesus, this fight was more impressive than I remember.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Back from the dead! Radioactive Zombie's Avatar

Also, note that Cap got tired and battered fighting Thanos in his prime. Though, he did survive an explosion prior to Thanos showing up.

Anyone else kind of wish Deathstrike didn't get killed? She was Stryker's mind-controlled victim, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

Jesus, this fight was more impressive than I remember.
    Oh, I remember it well and Wolverine should have died from the violent assault. But movies, and Logan having to prevail, he defeats someone who was a better, fiercer fighter who seemed to have better strength, healing and agility while also having him near death. Movies!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oh, I remember it well and Wolverine should have died from the violent assault. But movies, and Logan having to prevail, he defeats someone who was a better, fiercer fighter who seemed to have better strength, healing and agility while also having him near death. Movies!
    Movies indeed.

In fairness, he was clearly demonstrated to having been getting his ass kicked, and only managed to win by using the Adamantium injection to kill her. Not like he had an Inexplicable Protagonist Turnaround™ due to the Power of Friendship or something. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Movies indeed.

In fairness, he was clearly demonstrated to having been getting his ass kicked, and only managed to win by using the Adamantium injection to kill her. Not like he had an Inexplicable Protagonist Turnaround™ due to the Power of Friendship or something. ^_^
    Yeah, I liked the Adamantium feed idea. But Wolvie could hardly move let alone breathe, dripping lung-blood, when all of a sudden not only did he think of the A-feed, but saw it, could get up to grab the nozzle and stab her with it. Yeah, movies, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Yeah, I liked the Adamantium feed idea. But Wolvie could hardly move let alone breathe, dripping lung-blood, when all of a sudden not only did he think of the A-feed, but saw it, could get up to grab the nozzle and stab her with it. Yeah, movies, lol!
    I 100% give you that part, yeah. Go figure.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

To be fair, healing factor and damage soak is kinda Logan's whole schtick, and he went there knowing that it was the base of the guy that implanted him with adamantium in the first place, so it makes sense that he'd make those associations.

It's true, Logan does get beat up for a living.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie