Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Should Jean push for her sister Sara to be Resurrected who was hinted Mutant?

I figure Jean would be the one asking this. Claremont did hinted that Sara was gonna be a late bloomer mutant and even had her as a contingency to Shooter/Bryne plan for X-Factor instead of bringing back Jean in the mid 80s. What you think.

I thought the Phalanx assimilated her. And did Chuck ever get any DNA to even resurrected her?
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    I thought the Phalanx assimilated her. And did Chuck ever get any DNA to even resurrected her?
    It was Sinister’s job. Not Xavier’s.

I am pretty certain that we can just fit in an explanation that Sinister was so obsessed with the Grey Genome that he technically took as much DNA as he could from the family to see what its potential looked like. It’s in-character for Sinister based on his interactions with Havok.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    It was Sinister’s job. Not Xavier’s.

I am pretty certain that we can just fit in an explanation that Sinister was so obsessed with the Grey Genome that he technically took as much DNA as he could from the family to see what its potential looked like. It’s in-character for Sinister based on his interactions with Havok.
    Reboot of Greys

Extraordinary Member

At the very least her niece and nephew should be resurrected because they are confirmed mutants. But apparently Jean really never cared bout them so has not asked for them to be brought back.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Astonishing Member

Imagine her reaction when she ask about the rest of the family and Jean tells her: "Sorry no. They aren't special like us because they miss a single gene. Flatscans stay dead."

Joke aside the death of the whole family was, in my opinion, such a mean spirited pointless story (seems to have been a trend in X-men comics in the early 2000s...) that i hope if there is a post-krakoa mini-reboot they will be alive again. Which would be a neat point to reveal if Sara is a mutant.

Though if we go by the trend of the Summers' and Rasputins, Jean would basicly be the Vulcan or Mikhail, which makes me wonder what kind of usefull yet weaker and/or unrelated power Sara would get?
    Maybe the ability to size shift?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

If Sara was a mutant, they would've brought her back already. What's this "hints" nonsense?
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    If Sara was a mutant, they would've brought her back already. What's this "hints" nonsense?
    But Joey and Gailyn were confirmed mutants and they are still dead. So it's not that. I think the Phoenix Foundation is a great opportunity for Jean to bring back her sister, brothers, and nieces and nephews killed during End of Greys slowly. But I feel like bringing back any Greys is like an annual issue or a one issue story that no one has time or interest in right now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    But Joey and Gailyn were confirmed mutants and they are still dead. So it's not that. I think the Phoenix Foundation is a great opportunity for Jean to bring back her sister, brothers, and nieces and nephews killed during End of Greys slowly. But I feel like bringing back any Greys is like an annual issue or a one issue story that no one has time or interest in right now.
    Not to mention...if the kids are brought back someone has to look after them. Do they want to saddle Jean with that?
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

It is conveniently forgotten that Jean's entire family was massacred...I feel like this is a trauma in Jean's biography they are really afraid to touch again. And I also think this story is way too dark and depressing to remind the character of it. ;-) How can you come back from this without reclaiming the Phoenix and taking care the entire Shi Ar empire?!

Are humans really dead when they are assimilated by the Phalanx? Maybe they cannot bring her back, because she still exist somehow within the collective of the Phalanx and is technically not dead dead. I would prefer if the bring back the Phalanx and we get Jean to interact with her sister in that way. Maybe finding a way to restore her body and mind. Jean's power set would be perfect to de-collectivize humans assimilated into the Phalanx with her telepathy and telekinesis.
    Last edited by Exodus; 01-30-2023 at 10:31 AM.

To see the grey family finally buff up their ranks would be a dream come true, I really don’t care how many retcons are required to get there….. Do it now Jean!
    Sorry Mr. Claremont but “end of greys” was hot garbage!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    To see the grey family finally buff up their ranks would be a dream come true, I really don’t care how many retcons are required to get there….. Do it now Jean!
    Sorry Mr. Claremont but “end of greys” was hot garbage!
    Co-signed! It's time.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The hints they referring are linked to this... Sara Grey (Earth-616).
    Last edited by Micabe; 01-30-2023 at 12:54 PM.

just bc we havent seen them back doesnt mean they arent. They could easily just pop up in an issue and it not really breaking anything

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    It is conveniently forgotten that Jean's entire family was massacred...I feel like this is a trauma in Jean's biography they are really afraid to touch again. And I also think this story is way too dark and depressing to remind the character of it. ;-) How can you come back from this without reclaiming the Phoenix and taking care the entire Shi Ar empire?!

Are humans really dead when they are assimilated by the Phalanx? Maybe they cannot bring her back, because she still exist somehow within the collective of the Phalanx and is technically not dead dead. I would prefer if the bring back the Phalanx and we get Jean to interact with her sister in that way. Maybe finding a way to restore her body and mind. Jean's power set would be perfect to de-collectivize humans assimilated into the Phalanx with her telepathy and telekinesis.
    yes they are really dead

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

yes they are really dead
    or transformed into something else?