Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I thought all of the family's souls were gathered in the White Hot Room together. Perhaps some of then don't want to leave the others?
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    or transformed into something else?
    They arent living. Sara's body was destroyed and the Phalanx that assimiiated her was killed. She is dead dead. There wasnt any hope of recovering her after Phalanx Covenant

then there was that massacre of the Grey family....

BANNED

There are far more than enough Jean-related characters as it is. I imagine she would advocate for her sister.

Functionally, materially, entertainment-wise, editorially, etc, I hope they do not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I thought all of the family's souls were gathered in the White Hot Room together. Perhaps some of then don't want to leave the others?
    Why would they want to leave? They are there along with an infinite number of unknown potential Phoenix Force hosts. Why deny them the honor of being host when their turn comes up?
    Last edited by Micabe; 01-30-2023 at 08:49 PM.

No nepotism
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    No nepotism
    what about: "No, Nepotism!"

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    As my old English teacher taught us, Punctuation makes a Difference, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Though if we go by the trend of the Summers' and Rasputins, Jean would basicly be the Vulcan or Mikhail, which makes me wonder what kind of usefull yet weaker and/or unrelated power Sara would get?
    Maybe the ability to size shift?
    I remember hearing something about writers thinking to give her a power to turn off the X-gene, I'd assume temporarily.

If they were to use this, I would think that she should only be able to do it slowly, otherwise, turning off any X-gene right away would be hilariously broken lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    If Sara was a mutant, they would've brought her back already. What's this "hints" nonsense?
    There are a lot of dead mutants who took forever to come back (Thunderbird is an example), if Sara is a mutant, her not being back yet could be chalked up to "The Five didn't resurrect her yet", and considering how many dead mutants there are to bring back, that's pretty fair.

Okay Lionel Hutz .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Why would Jean want her sister's dumb kids back? Like Hellion is right there, he's much cooler than them. At least bringing Sara back has uses, since Hellion needs a new mom. But Hoe-y and Gai-lame aren't needed
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I remember hearing something about writers thinking to give her a power to turn off the X-gene, I'd assume temporarily.

If they were to use this, I would think that she should only be able to do it slowly, otherwise, turning off any X-gene right away would be hilariously broken lol.
    Well Leech can allready do so via short range proximity.

But thinking of different ways this kind of power can work made me remember Eraserhead from My Hero Academia, who could switch off super powers (the "Quirks" in that universe are practically like X-gene based super powers) by looking at someone. Which came with the logical weakness that he can only do so with one person at a time and has to supress blinking while doing so.

Maybe she could have something similiar by combining a single target depowering with low level telepathy, to keep in line with her sister having psychic powers.
    Basicly she can only depower someone by telepathically connecting to them, reading their surface thoughts in the process.
    Which would be a twofold weakness. First being only able to target one person at the time and second potentialy being distracted or overwhelmed by their thoughts.

But of course that also gives her a potentialy impressive range to switch off someones powers.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Come to think of it would it be possible to resurrect people who are in the White Hot Room without using the Phoenix? When Jean was dead there were a couple of events where the dead were brought back en masse but Jean was never among them. Jean was also not present in House of M either I don't think.
    Last edited by The Thunderbird; 01-31-2023 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Well Leech can allready do so via short range proximity.
    I was thinking she could have a short range with this power, figures something like that was done already.

Shouldn't be surprised too, that kid who can supress X-Gene in that X-Men 3 movie did it like that too.

But thinking of different ways this kind of power can work made me remember Eraserhead from My Hero Academia, who could switch off super powers (the "Quirks" in that universe are practically like X-gene based super powers) by looking at someone. Which came with the logical weakness that he can only do so with one person at a time and has to supress blinking while doing so.
    I don't see how being able to do it with one person at a time is a logical weakness when all he has to do is look lol.

Unless he has to focus specifically on one person, as opposed to being able to casually do it with anyone who's on his field of vision.

Also supressing blinking is, one way to do it, but in situations like this where a character has to keep looking at something, I'm always baffled when no one considers to do the much simpler solution that is blinking one eye at a time lol.

Maybe she could have something similiar by combining a single target depowering with low level telepathy, to keep in line with her sister having psychic powers.
    Basicly she can only depower someone by telepathically connecting to them, reading their surface thoughts in the process.
    Which would be a twofold weakness. First being only able to target one person at the time and second potentialy being distracted or overwhelmed by their thoughts.

But of course that also gives her a potentialy impressive range to switch off someones powers.
    Hopefully no telekinesis for her lol.

That does sound decent enough, but I wonder how many writers would bother to use this properly, 'cause the way super-powers are used in super-hero comic books nowadays are as basic as basic can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Reminds me of the fact Emma has two sisters. Cordelia's only known power is to be immune to Emma's telepathy. But... is that literally the only thing she can do? Well... Emma put her at the back of the line for the res queue.... Also she died off-panel and we don't know how... Then there's Adrienne. her power is Psychometry(and also is immune to Emma's telepathy), yeah, psychometry is basically a "know stuff" power. Pick up object, peer into the object's past... and possible future....Adrienne could seemingly gets entire encyclopedias of info if she read the right object. how'd she die? Emma shot her. hmmmmm....

Reminds me of the fact Emma has two sisters. Cordelia's only known power is to be immune to Emma's telepathy. But... is that literally the only thing she can do? Well... Emma put her at the back of the line for the res queue.... Also she died off-panel and we don't know how... Then there's Adrienne. her power is Psychometry(and also is immune to Emma's telepathy), yeah, psychometry is basically a "know stuff" power. Pick up object, peer into the object's past... and possible future....Adrienne could seemingly gets entire encyclopedias of info if she read the right object. how'd she die? Emma shot her. hmmmmm....
    Most mutant siblings are immune to each other’s powers though. So that likely wasn’t Cordelia’s power.

It is rather odd that Sara hasn’t been brought back, nor Cordelia. It would be like Scott not moving Alex to the front of the resurrection line.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 02-01-2023 at 06:52 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume