Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

The Master of Sound is not interested in Sara.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Reminds me of the fact Emma has two sisters. Cordelia's only known power is to be immune to Emma's telepathy. But... is that literally the only thing she can do? Well... Emma put her at the back of the line for the res queue.... Also she died off-panel and we don't know how... Then there's Adrienne. her power is Psychometry(and also is immune to Emma's telepathy), yeah, psychometry is basically a "know stuff" power. Pick up object, peer into the object's past... and possible future....Adrienne could seemingly gets entire encyclopedias of info if she read the right object. how'd she die? Emma shot her. hmmmmm....
    I thought Cordelia was an empath...but not seeing it listed on any of the wikis.

edit..this one still lists her powers.
    https://hero.fandom.com/wiki/Cordelia_Frost
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I thought Cordelia was an empath...but not seeing it listed on any of the wikis.

edit..this one still lists her powers.
    https://hero.fandom.com/wiki/Cordelia_Frost
    That wiki does not list any sources and what it describes regarding Cordelia's powers and actions did not happen in Generation X. Not on-panel at least.

Thinking about this more, I think the redemption of Madelyne makes Sara's return much less likely. I think going forward they are going to utilize Maddie as Jeans sister and storywise, there is more to mine there bc of their history and Maddie being an actual character with development. I think Marvel might view Sara as redundant and more work would need to be put to making her viable bc she is a blank slate and really anything you can do with her, can be done with Madelyne

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    That wiki does not list any sources and what it describes regarding Cordelia's powers and actions did not happen in Generation X. Not on-panel at least.
    Generation X Vol 1 #48 does have Emma acknowledge all 3 sisters were mutants. And there is another issue that she says that Cordelia is "Professor X of the empaths".
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Generation X Vol 1 #48 does have Emma acknowledge all 3 sisters were mutants. And there is another issue that she says that Cordelia is "Professor X of the empaths".
    that latter part almost seems like an urban myth bc people have been quoting that for years but Ive yet to actually see the panel and believe you, Ive looked

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that latter part almost seems like an urban myth bc people have been quoting that for years but Ive yet to actually see the panel and believe you, Ive looked
    I've been looking too...but the 1st part is there so we do confirm she is a mutant.

Thinking about this more, I think the redemption of Madelyne makes Sara's return much less likely. I think going forward they are going to utilize Maddie as Jeans sister and storywise, there is more to mine there bc of their history and Maddie being an actual character with development. I think Marvel might view Sara as redundant and more work would need to be put to making her viable bc she is a blank slate and really anything you can do with her, can be done with Madelyne
    At the very least, Sara can have more stories by having a nicer personality than Madelyne, and knowing Jean for longer.

I feel that Madelyne wouldn't exactly be a sister for Jean, at least for now, 'cause, do they even know each other that much?

Well, Jean would know Madelyne a lot 'cause she has Madelyne's memories, but that's another mess...

But yeah, point is, as far as being Jean's sister, unless Madelyne suddenly gets all chummy with Jean, I don't see her getting that role right now, but yeah, Sara's too much of a blank slate and I wouldn't blame Marvel if they continued not bothering lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Extraordinary Member

I do know it was listed on Cordelia’s trading card. But I don’t know what issue it was ever mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    At the very least, Sara can have more stories by having a nicer personality than Madelyne, and knowing Jean for longer.

I feel that Madelyne wouldn't exactly be a sister for Jean, at least for now, 'cause, do they even know each other that much?

Well, Jean would know Madelyne a lot 'cause she has Madelyne's memories, but that's another mess...

But yeah, point is, as far as being Jean's sister, unless Madelyne suddenly gets all chummy with Jean, I don't see her getting that role right now, but yeah, Sara's too much of a blank slate and I wouldn't blame Marvel if they continued not bothering lol.
    Dark Web ended with the two women acknowledging that they are family and are in a much better place with each other. Maddie finally has peace and has let the resentment towards Jean go. That’s why I feel like in ways Sara would be redundant. I wouldn’t have thought so before this story but Maddie was left in a position where a sisterly role is definitely in the cards should I writer want to develop it
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-05-2023 at 08:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Dark Web ended with the two women acknowledging that they are family and are in a much better place with each other. Maddie finally has peace and has let the resentment towards Jean go. That’s why I feel like in ways Sara would be redundant. I wouldn’t have thought so before this story but Maddie was left in a position where a sisterly role is definitely in the cards should I writer want to develop it
    As absurd as it all is, one thing I like about NYC's Limbo embassy is that Madelyne is not just shunned off to a hellish dimension but can be easily be brought into the fold again if a writer wants to pick her up again and do something.

I'm not entirely sure Duggan has the appetite for it having just written the Dark Web mini, plus we'll be jumping into Fall of X soon, but there are so many books and writers that someone will hopefully want to explore Maddie more at some stage.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    As absurd as it all is, one thing I like about NYC's Limbo embassy is that Madelyne is not just shunned off to a hellish dimension but can be easily be brought into the fold again if a writer wants to pick her up again and do something.

I'm not entirely sure Duggan has the appetite for it having just written the Dark Web mini, plus we'll be jumping into Fall of X soon, but there are so many books and writers that someone will hopefully want to explore Maddie more at some stage.
    They could have done that without this dumpster fire of a story. They could have done story of Maddie vs Belasco for control of Limbo. The X-Men are on Maddie's side but she still loses and comes back to Earth and moves on with her life in a more healthy manner than ruling a demon realm. They could have still had Maddie get her memories back, be in a better place with Jean, knee Scott in the junk for abandoning her and Nathan, and move on with her life.

As far as Sara or her kids...It would be interesting to see them resurrected in that setting and see they consider Maddie another sister/aunt.

Sure, I'm not saying that a sisterly relationship is out of the question, just that it shouldn't be done right now (Otherwise it'd look hella awkward, but considering how the writing can be bad at times, wouldn't be surprised if it happens), and even if it does happen, a sisterly relationship between Jean/Madelyne, and Jean/Sara could potentially have pretty different flavors, so to say.

So I don't see Sara are redundant exactly (Unless they decided to make her into a Madelyne clone, and if you do that, why bother lol), but, yeah, writers have no reason to do so, since Jean and Madelyne are already established characters, and while Sara would be a blank slate, that can be annoying too, 'cause the writers would need to come up with something for her to stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Honestly, you don't really need the embassy for this, 'cause the X-Men could always have a way to reach out to her anyways.

About the best thing she gets is that she can become more easily accessible for characters outside of X-Men (Meaning that someone like Daredevil could say hi to her), but I really doubt she'll get any attention outside of X-Men.

They could have done that without this dumpster fire of a story. They could have done story of Maddie vs Belasco for control of Limbo. The X-Men are on Maddie's side but she still loses and comes back to Earth and moves on with her life in a more healthy manner than ruling a demon realm. They could have still had Maddie get her memories back, be in a better place with Jean, knee Scott in the junk for abandoning her and Nathan, and move on with her life.
    There are so many ways this could have gone better it's not funny.

Like I said before, this story made me lose interest on Madelyne, at least right now, 'cause I'm getting the feeling she'll be that kind of character who's a complete ass and is treated on the right... Though if we're lucky, only Dark Web will do that and other stories don't kiss her ass as much (Assuming she gets to show up more).

As far as Sara or her kids...It would be interesting to see them resurrected in that setting and see they consider Maddie another sister/aunt.
    Their reaction to Krakoa existing at all could be interesting too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

I mean, the stories don't also have to revolve just around Jean as the sole inevitable centerpoint of any angle you approach this from.

Personally, I'd be hella interested in reading about what Sara makes of Maddie upon her return. She at most knew of Maddie as the Jean-look-alike that her sister's ex married and had a baby with, but Sara died without ever knowing Jean had returned....let alone all the revelations about Maddie and her origins. As far as she could have ever known, Maddie was just a complete stranger who happened to look uncannily like her sister....

So even if writers do start building up a dynamic where Jean and Maddie see each other more as sisters than original and clone.....what happens when you throw Sara into that mix? Does Sara have any interest in returning and suddenly finding she has a brand new 'sister' as well, let alone one with as controversial a history as Maddie? If Sara wants nothing to do with Maddie and sees her as having no connection to her, does this put a strain on any new relationship Jean and Maddie start to form, do they feel it undermines their claims of sisterhood for Jean's 'real sister' to refuse to acknowledge Maddie as part of their family?

Or alternatively, what if Sara upon her return, already bombarded with all kinds of overwhelming weirdness to adjust to, just decides **** it, and just rolls with it. Her sister suddenly has an identical twin who's actually her clone but they're trying a new thing where they see each other as family instead of each other's inverted mirror? Okay, why not. Its honestly not the weirdest thing Sara's been told about how the world has changed since she died, and with as much as Jean's been through since they last knew each other its like having to get to know each other all over again, so its not exactly impossible for Sara to embrace Maddie as family and get to know her at the same time. And Sara doesn't have any of the baggage that Jean and Maddie have with each other, so does she represent a true blank slate to Maddie, with potential for another sisterly dynamic separate from Jean but also connected to Jean....does this help legitimize Jean and Maddie's new take on each other as sisters, via Maddie building her own individual dynamic with the other Grey sister?

And it could create another avenue for exploring drama and dysfunction with these characters without returning yet again to the same well of their relationships with Scott and Nathan.....how does Jean take it, the first time Sara ever sides with Maddie over Jean, in an argument between sisters? What's it like the first time Jean and Maddie actually feel like they're on the same side of a sibling spat with Sara? How does Sara take it if Jean sides with Maddie instead of her?

Not to mention, the fact that Sara's twins lived for several years after her death, and were considerably older than the last time she saw them as of the time of their own deaths, so upon their resurrections, Sara would have to contend with those missing years and her children being raised by others, with lots of room for this to be compared and contrasted with Jean and Maddie's respective views on Nathan and his childhood, etc, etc.

I mean, I get people not considering Sara extensive enough of a character for them to be convinced there's any reason she NEEDS to come back, but the idea that 'well Jean already has a sister now with the writers' new take with Maddie, so there's no point to Sara' is just....very weird to me.

Its like. Umm. Guys.

Sometimes people have more than one sibling actually? Siblings don't actually become surplus the second you have more than just one. Every two siblings tend to have their own distinct dynamics even if we're talking about a family with three or more siblings instead of only two.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 02-06-2023 at 11:19 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I figure Jean would be the one asking this. Claremont did hinted that Sara was gonna be a late bloomer mutant and even had her as a contingency to Shooter/Bryne plan for X-Factor instead of bringing back Jean in the mid 80s. What you think.
    Given how sibling power scales up, Scott < Havok < Vulcan, Piotr < Ilyanna < Mikhail, with the last-introduced always being ridonkulously more powerful than the first introduced, I'm not sure I want Sara to be a mutant, since how do you 'scale up exponentially' from Jean?