View Poll Results: Which of these would you prefer as Superman's 'first' costume?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Siegal/Shuster

8 18.18%
  • Fleischer

8 18.18%
  • Classic

7 15.91%
  • Morrison (T-shirt & Jeans)

18 40.91%
  • New 52 armor

2 4.55%
  • Other (please specify)

1 2.27%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Tshirt and jeans for me. I like it to debut in Metropolis and the suit gets updated over time thereafter. If he’s doing Superboy things in and around Smallville, I prefer sans costume.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I like the t-shirt and jeans idea with a caveat that it lasts for a few weeks to a few months. Not long at all before he gets the standard.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Nothing tops the classic!

Retired

Supes wears the T-shirt and jeans on Casual Fridays.

All-New Member

I’d prefer Superman’s first costume to be in THIS T-shirt and jeans outfit:

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

I'll go with the traditional look. I consider the costume more aesthetic than something that reflects the character.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Supes wears the T-shirt and jeans on Casual Fridays.
    Actually,he wears it everyday. Can't call it casual if you do it sometimes..On a personal note,Formal wears are such a bother..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-23-2023 at 11:05 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

He should start out with the t shirt and jeans look, the Fleishers costume and then the classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I like the t-shirt and jeans idea with a caveat that it lasts for a few weeks to a few months. Not long at all before he gets the standard.
    This is how I feel, he has the t-shirt and jeans look for 6 months or so, with the caveat that his first “suit” should have the Fleschier S-shield.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

All-New Member

This is exactly how I imagine Superman’s first outfit would be like before he dons the classic one:

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I chose T-Shirt and Jeans (my head canon also leans towards being inclusive and tying each iteration to a phase in Superman's life).

I do remember in the S logo thread people seemed to be a fan of the circus strongman aspect, so I also wouldn't mind if someone wrote that into his origin and he literally grabbed a strongman suit while undercover.

I’m not sure why he’s ever move away from that t shirt & jeans look.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

T-Shirt and jeans with the caveat that this is his uniform as Superboy and very early on as Superman. He'll have the classic suit in the future with the Legion.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    I’m not sure why he’s ever move away from that t shirt & jeans look.
    Bingo!! that's where i am at.make it the main suit.The og action comics suit can be his first costume and tie into circus.The tshirt and jeans really brings out the roughneck.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I chose T-Shirt and Jeans (my head canon also leans towards being inclusive and tying each iteration to a phase in Superman's life).

I do remember in the S logo thread people seemed to be a fan of the circus strongman aspect, so I also wouldn't mind if someone wrote that into his origin and he literally grabbed a strongman suit while undercover.
    A few years ago, there was this fan comic (well, more like an 'unofficial' comic - it was written and drawn by a professional), which is sort of a prequel to the Siegal/Shuster Superman stories...and the little bit of it that's online showed Clark literally being inspired by a circus strongman.